The Best Ground Unit Stack

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Best Ground Unit Stack

Anyone knows who's the best unit stack, with the most attack / defensive points?
      Maybe you never Stack something like that, but after lot of research I realised the best stack is:

1 - Tank Commander Officer = lvl.6/7
      1 - Airbourne Officer = lvl.6/7
      1 - Infantry Officer = lvl.7/7
      3 - Special Forces = lvl.5/5
      4 - Elite Main Battle Tank = lvl.4/4

Basicly this is the best stack for any type of terrain, and even against Nuclear.
      If you have high Rank and you have researched the maximum level of those units, then you made the "PANZER".

I got speed on:
      - Mountain and Jungle = 0.72
      - Field and Desert = 2.17
      - Cities and Suburbs = 1.17

The attack is 318HP and defensive 234HP on Field, which is the top one, and the lowest one is not less than 290HP.

Is there anyone who made something stronger than that? I am very curious!

Many thanks,
      Edward
    • Sure - I'll take guess.

I haven't done the paperwork to confirm my hunch, but I'll guess that a few sorties by a stack of elite planes will shred that ground unit stack.

Also, a while back (search for it) @Opulon wrote about the strength of an almost-pure stack of special forces (Eastern Doctrine?). If I remember correctly he came up with similar of better numbers (plus stealth?).
    • KFGauss wrote:

Also, a while back (search for it) @Opulon wrote about the strength of an almost-pure stack of special forces (Eastern Doctrine?). If I remember correctly he came up with similar of better numbers (plus stealth?).
      IMO it doesnt even need eastern specops specifically to be a better stack to begin with; the airassault ability alone is an incredible power multiplier

I also dont think that throwing as many officers as possible into a stack and then calling it "the best ground unit stack" is that impressive; its only one stack and officers do pretty much all the heavy lifting in terms of boosting the stack
      also: hard to call it "best stack" if it has such a clear vulnerability to about anything that can fly
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • I am sorry to dissapoint you, but it has more than 65 Attack on Helicopters and about 55 against Aircrafts...
      As I said above, it has defence even against Nuclear power, Elite Tank Guarrantee that. It give you about 6.2 Defence against Nukes.

Only thing is vulnerable at, is if you fly it or navy it somewhere, if is on the ground... I am affraid to say, but that is quite invincible.

And unit elite helicopter stack has a lot of power if you add an officer on it, and is maximum level... But not forget, it does not have as much HP.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Edward ().

• Edward wrote:

I am sorry to dissapoint you, but it has more than 65 Attack on Helicopters and about 55 against Aircrafts...
      As I said above, it has defence even against Nuclear power, Elite Tank Guarrantee that. It give you about 6.2 Defence against Nukes.

Only thing is vulnerable at, is if you fly it or navy it somewhere, if is on the ground... I am affraid to say, but that is quite invincible.
      So its even more niche then originally assumed because you need european doctrine for the elite mbt to have defense against air/missiles to begin with. Tho the numbers seem pretty off, Elite MBT for european has 2.0 def vs missiles and times 4 im pretty sure makes it 8, 8 + whatever boni you have. Anything below 15 damage against missiles is still utterly vulnerable to them.
      Keep in mind that all of that needs:
      - Elite MBTs
      --> MBT/AFV/TD
      - Tank Officer
      - Infantry Officer
      --> Motorized/Mechanized/Naval Inf
      - Airborne Officer
      --> Specops

Thats quite a lot of resources to invest to get a single stack that, while admittedly somewhat hard to kill, can only be in one place at a time and really only kill ground units reliably on top of that it still has all the classic weaknesses of a unit that has to fight in melee. Invincible is about the last word I'd use to describe that stuck, Expensive seems way more fitting.
    • Edward wrote:

I am sorry to dissapoint you, but it has more than 65 Attack on Helicopters and about 55 against Aircrafts...

And unit elite helicopter stack has a lot of power if you add an officer on it, and is maximum level... But not forget, it does not have as much HP.
      Don't be sorry. My ego isn't bruised - I generally ignore the characteristics of units few people can put into play - That's why I overlooked the unavailable-to-me-and-many(most?)-others Elite MBT's air defense.

I guess I'll have to kill it with an artillery stack (accompanied by an officer to help them move fast.) or two, or let it damage two or three or four stacks of planes (that immediately fly back to a Level 5 Hospital at their airbase).

I understand the fun some folks have coming up with imaginary OOBs like this one, but are you really going to let any game drag on so long that you would be able to put together that improbable list of stuff, along with everything else an expanding country needs???

For me a much more useful topic is strongest total (land/air/sea) forces I can put together (to operate across a broad front or two) by Day 10, Day 20, and Day 30.

Attempt to answer that for me and I'll be much more interested.

Enjoy the discussion.
    • KFGauss wrote:

I understand the fun some folks have coming up with imaginary OOBs like this one, but are you really going to let any game drag on so long that you would be able to put together that improbable list of stuff, along with everything else an expanding country needs???

For me a much more useful topic is strongest total (land/air/sea) forces I can put together (to operate across a broad front or two) by Day 10, Day 20, and Day 30.
      Amen.

Like you, I suppose I can see how some people might enjoy discussing these things (and I'm not criticising them for enjoying it), but I often find myself wondering "How many days are these people playing?!"

People will be like, "So what I do is take a 60-stack of maxed out Aircraft Carriers, fly a max stack of maxed out NSFs off of each one, and fire the max number of maxed out Cruise Nukes from each NSF at 30-second intervals, and that gets through my opponent's 40-stack (each) of maxed out Frigates, TDSs, SAMs, and AAs that he has sitting in every territory..."

and I'm like, "... lol, on Day 30?! Because my games don't go too far beyond that. And I never see these types of forces (in public games)."

That's why I so enjoyed KFG's OOB thread. Prior to seeing what people were reporting there as actual records, I was like, "Why does no one I ever see ever have these crazy militaries everyone is always talking about on the Forums?!"

The post was edited 2 times, last by PerigeeNil ().

• KFGauss wrote:

Edward wrote:

Don't be sorry. My ego isn't bruised - I generally ignore the characteristics of units few people can put into play - That's why I overlooked the unavailable-to-me-and-many(most?)-others Elite MBT's air defense.
      I guess I'll have to kill it with an artillery stack (accompanied by an officer to help them move fast.) or two, or let it damage two or three or four stacks of planes (that immediately fly back to a Level 5 Hospital at their airbase).

Attempt to answer that for me and I'll be much more interested.

Enjoy the discussion.
      Not to tempt you, but one day you could try some roleplay game. They DO drag on for so long that you can see this kind of OOB, and then it makes """"""""""sense"""""""""" to make fantasy contextual metas with a beer in hand.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

Not to tempt you, but one day you could try some roleplay game. They DO drag on for so long that you can see this kind of OOB, and then it makes """"""""""sense"""""""""" to make fantasy contextual metas with a beer in hand.
      Thanks for the suggestion.

However, as they say, "There are two kinds of people in the world, Roleplayers and not-Roleplayers."

I'm unambiguously in the second group. Imagine grumpy, crabby me; but ten times more grumpy and crabby. That role wouldn't be fun for anyone. :P

I was not thinking about long-running roleplaying games. That probably makes my life a little more boring, but it's who I am.

On the other hand . . . you might be able to recruit Edward?

The post was edited 1 time, last by KFGauss ().

• Edward wrote:

Anyone knows who's the best unit stack, with the most attack / defensive points?
      Maybe you never Stack something like that, but after lot of research I realised the best stack is:

1 - Tank Commander Officer = lvl.6/7
      1 - Airbourne Officer = lvl.6/7
      1 - Infantry Officer = lvl.7/7
      3 - Special Forces = lvl.5/5
      4 - Elite Main Battle Tank = lvl.4/4

Basicly this is the best stack for any type of terrain, and even against Nuclear.
      If you have high Rank and you have researched the maximum level of those units, then you made the "PANZER".

I got speed on:
      - Mountain and Jungle = 0.72
      - Field and Desert = 2.17
      - Cities and Suburbs = 1.17

The attack is 318HP and defensive 234HP on Field, which is the top one, and the lowest one is not less than 290HP.

Is there anyone who made something stronger than that? I am very curious!

Many thanks,
      Edward
      too tough and too risky, and 0% Missile defense.
      Have fun, nothing personal.
    • Edward wrote:

the best unit stack, with the most attack / defensive points?
      i think those are two different questions. Are you after 'the best unit stack', or after 'the most attack (or defense, that might be another question again) points?

Because any ranged will eat that. And, if you argue that this stack is faster than any ranged and at some point it'll catch up, then i'll argue that a stack of even 10 jumping TAs (let alone RGs) will eat that, because they jump (and in the case of TA, they'd jump on mountains).

No?
    • Sgniappo wrote:

Edward wrote:

i think those are two different questions. Are you after 'the best unit stack', or after 'the most attack (or defense, that might be another question again) points?
      Because any ranged will eat that. And, if you argue that this stack is faster than any ranged and at some point it'll catch up, then i'll argue that a stack of even 10 jumping TAs (let alone RGs) will eat that, because they jump (and in the case of TA, they'd jump on mountains).

No?
      Eh, the high speed can indeed be pretty troublesome for artillery, even towed; however the real issue is how unique that stack is, it can only be in a single place at a time and that alone opens up just so many ways of counterplay
    • Teburu wrote:

Sgniappo wrote:

Edward wrote:

i think those are two different questions. Are you after 'the best unit stack', or after 'the most attack (or defense, that might be another question again) points?Because any ranged will eat that. And, if you argue that this stack is faster than any ranged and at some point it'll catch up, then i'll argue that a stack of even 10 jumping TAs (let alone RGs) will eat that, because they jump (and in the case of TA, they'd jump on mountains).

No?
      Eh, the high speed can indeed be pretty troublesome for artillery, even towed; however the real issue is how unique that stack is, it can only be in a single place at a time and that alone opens up just so many ways of counterplay
      Educated me (please)... i see them moving. i jump either towards a location where they will need to take a junction and come towards me (i.e. they need to go forward, then turn, then come to me - i.e. i can shoot and they can't), or jump 1.5 hours away so that i have time to jump, land, shoot, take off...

how is their speed an issue?
    • Andilek7319 wrote:

national guard is best stack after you clear enemy land they are best ground stack becose if die doesnt matter
      I don't think that's the point; "the best ground stack ever" doesn't translate to "best Navy and Air and strategies to defeat the enemy and then take their land for free, not even needing a decent ground stack"

edit
      even though this is often how it turns out, this thread is I think hypothetical :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Clock: clarification ().