Which is the criteria that decides which military doctrine goes to every country?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Which is the criteria that decides which military doctrine goes to every country?

I get that for some of them it should be pretty dam obvious, for example in the Americas; USA has western doctrine of course, Venezuela has eastern as the same as Cuba. Even Canada you get easly to understand why its doctrine is European. But for Mexico I have always find odd that its particular doctrine is the european one. I mean, Peru and Colombia have western doctrine and those two have a lot of similarities with Mexico, culturally and military speaking. And in a real world conflict in modern era, if the fight gets to come to continental America, I'll bet that Mexico would be one of the first countries whose military would be boosted by western armament and equipment, provided by the U.S. of course; they will most likely turn us into their buffer zone. So I think that Mexico having western military doctrine would be more accurate. I'm Mexican btw haha