intel questions from a newbie.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• intel questions from a newbie.

i read that you are limited to 3 spies in 1 province. is this true?

when you use counter ops, the more you have, the the better % rate you are protected? do we know if each counter op is treated separately and has the same equal chance as the others? it says stackable so i am not exactly sure what that means.

in provinces you don't own, how many sabotage agents and how many corruption agents and how many intelligence agents can i have in one province? if 3 is the max....3 what? 3 total? 3 in each category? or maybe the changed the max as the the thread i read was 3 years old.

lastly, i've read that they are unreliable and then i read that they are reliable haha i guess it's perception and expectations(realistic or unrealistic). know the odds of agents getting caught? or odds of catching agents with counter ops? i'd rather know the odds. why isn't this public info? we should know what we are paying for and what the risks are. why is this info so secretive? haha

thanks!
    • dfrost wrote:

when you use counter ops, the more you have, the the better % rate you are protected? do we know if each counter op is treated separately and has the same equal chance as the others? it says stackable so i am not exactly sure what that means.

in provinces you don't own, how many sabotage agents and how many corruption agents and how many intelligence agents can i have in one province? if 3 is the max....3 what? 3 total? 3 in each category? or maybe the changed the max as the the thread i read was 3 years old.

lastly, i've read that they are unreliable and then i read that they are reliable haha i guess it's perception and expectations(realistic or unrealistic). know the odds of agents getting caught? or odds of catching agents with counter ops? i'd rather know the odds. why isn't this public info? we should know what we are paying for and what the risks are. why is this info so secretive? haha

thanks!
      i think the spies have about 20 pct chance of getting caught, this increases to 75 pct with a counter espi
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • dfrost wrote:

does the 3 agent limit include the counter ops agents in your own provinces or is there another limit set for them?

i am also curious if someone has 3 agents in each of my homeland cities, can i still put counter ops there?
      I think each Counter-Ops agent has a 50% chance of doing something in the location where the counter-ops agent is placed.

You can pile many counter-ops agents into each/any one location. As you stack them up their aggregated chance of success improves: 1=50%, 2=75%, 3=87.5%, 4=84%, 5 = (31/32)x100% etc.

I don't recall exactly what the game says a counter-ops agent does (exposing enemy agents, prevent enemy agent success, ... whatever)
    • I've also seen spies getting caught in areas with no counter-ops stationed. So perhaps spies still have default failure chance at 0 counter-ops.

I rarely use spies for intel nor corruption. I use pile of 3 to do surprise sabotage on the enemies' remote airfields to get their troops stranded. It's super effective first time in any game until your opponent wised up and start placing down counter ops in provinces as well.
    • dfrost wrote:

Yes - any 1 city/province can have no more than 3 spies at one time (including spies sent by other countries)

dfrost wrote:

Yes. Below is a list showing approximately the success rate of catching an enemy spy depending on the number of counters in a city/province:

0 Counters: ~20-25% success
      1 Counter: ~65-75% success
      2 Counters: ~80-85% success
      3 Counters: ~90-95% success

I'm also pretty sure that if you have 2 or more counters in a province, you can catch multiple enemy spies in one day (if there are multiple)

dfrost wrote:

3 spies is the maximum, period. Doesn't matter which categories they are of.

dfrost wrote:

does the 3 agent limit include the counter ops agents in your own provinces or is there another limit set for them?

i am also curious if someone has 3 agents in each of my homeland cities, can i still put counter ops there?
      Counter-ops do not count towards regular city/province spy counts. You can have up to 3 counters in each city/province at a time. So, there can technically be a maximum of 6 total spies in one province (3 intel/tax/sabos, 3 counters)

dfrost wrote:

thanks!
      You're welcome, hope this answers your questions! :D
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Tifo_14 wrote:

Counter-ops do not count towards regular city/province spy counts. You can have up to 3 counters in each city/province at a time. So, there can technically be a maximum of 6 total spies in one province (3 intel/tax/sabos, 3 counters)You're welcome, hope this answers your questions! :D
      I'm pretty sure you can have an infinite amount of counter ops spies
      All Shall Eventually Fall