"Western Theater" - Are We on a Similar Path

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• "Western Theater" - Are We on a Similar Path

I was searching for something else when I came upon an old annoucement for a map called "Western Theater". I think it was probably announced while I was away from the game, because I'm not sure I remember hearing about it, and I don't know anything about it. Anyway, according to the announcement, it was supposed to become the new tutorial map for brand new players, and it was supposed to combine some elements of Battleground USA and Flashpoint. So, I have a few questions for those who may have been in the know:

Was the "Western Theater" map ever made available to every market?

If so, is it still (offered as a special event) in the rotation? Clearly it isn't currently the tutorial map, like it was supposed to have been. I've been back for a few months now, and I haven't seen it offered.

Was it never fully released? If so, was it at some point partially released?

And here's the big question:

Are we looking at a similar situation now with the "Global Conflict" map?

"Global Conflict" is supposedly available in some markets, but it appears to be having trouble making it all markets. Should we be looking at the history of what happened with "Western Theater" to evaluate what were are (not) seeing with "Global Conflict"?
    • Western Theater; has almost complete version, but not Russian sector ver, bec there has too low cities, it's should be aleast 7x cities, not 5x cities, and SZFO (Norhtwestern Federal District) Severo-Zapadnyi federalnyi okrug Rossijskoi federatsii) flag is pure Karelian flag, not SZFO flag.

That why it's pulled off it from CoN game. (I think so).

Real SZFO flag:

Guns are always loaded.
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

Pine of England wrote:

Available in some markets? What do you mean?
      Moderaters/staff has said here on the Forums that the new Global Conflict map is currently (and has been for weeks) available in some markets but not yet rolled out in others until they see how it's going to do.
      Huh, interesting... did they give any word as to what those markets are? I live in Oceania.
    • Kranzegrad wrote:

Western Theater; has almost complete version, but not Russian sector ver, bec there has too low cities, it's should be aleast 7x cities, not 5x cities, and SZFO (Norhtwestern Federal District) Severo-Zapadnyi federalnyi okrug Rossijskoi federatsii) flag is pure Karelian flag, not SZFO flag.

That why it's pulled off it from CoN game. (I think so).

Real SZFO flag:

That's a cool flag tbh
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija