New Map Idea: Central Asian States

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Map Idea: Central Asian States

Just have a little spare time on a Saturday afternoon, and was trying to think of something for people to discuss here. "A new map" obviously wasn't the most appropriate answer, considering the fact that we're already waiting on one. However, it was the first thing that came to mind. So, how's about:

A Central Asia/Himalayas map

It would be a zoomed in map with hard edges. I've attached a sample map below to show the intended geography.

Player nations would include:

Russia
      China
      Kazakhstan
      Pakistan
      Afghanistan
      Turkmenistan
      Uzbekistan
      Kyrgyzstan
      Tajikistan
      Iran
      India
      Nepal
      Bhutan
      Free Tibet
      Uyghur
      Mongolia
      Kashmir
      and a Taliban State (occupying part of real world Afghanistan)

Why create such a map? It puts the spotlight on some independent nations in a part of the world to which we tend to be a little less attentive. It also offers an opportunity for players to play without navies and in an environment in which the mountain terrain should be a significant consideration.
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

Just have a little spare time on a Saturday afternoon, and was trying to think of something for people to discuss here. "A new map" obviously wasn't the most appropriate answer, considering the fact that we're already waiting on one. However, it was the first thing that came to mind. So, how's about:

A Central Asia/Himalayas map

It would be a zoomed in map with hard edges. I've attached a sample map below to show the intended geography.

Player nations would include:

Russia
      China
      Kazakhstan
      Pakistan
      Afghanistan
      Turkmenistan
      Uzbekistan
      Kyrgyzstan
      Tajikistan
      Iran
      India
      Nepal
      Bhutan
      Free Tibet
      Uyghur
      Mongolia
      Kashmir
      and a Taliban State (occupying part of real world Afghanistan)

Why create such a map? It puts the spotlight on some independent nations in a part of the world to which we tend to be a little less attentive. It also offers an opportunity for players to play without navies and in an environment in which the mountain terrain should be a significant consideration.
      Really like this idea of a non-navy map where the terrain will have a bigger factor, but what's with Bhutan? How could someone play as a nation that small? I certainly wouldn't. Also maybe split up Russia and Kazakhstan into 2 nations each? Other than that, really good suggestion, maybe it will become implemented someday.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Tifo_14 wrote:

Really like this idea of a non-navy map where the terrain will have a bigger factor, but what's with Bhutan? How could someone play as a nation that small? I certainly wouldn't. Also maybe split up Russia and Kazakhstan into 2 nations each? Other than that, really good suggestion, maybe it will become implemented someday.
      First, I'm glad you like the idea.

In terms of land area, Bhutan is actually larger than Israel, which appears on the WWIII global map. If you're talking about the small population, I suppose it would/could be an issue if in-game populations were proportionally equivalent to real life populations, but they already aren't. The devs would have to be willing to give them a fake population boost to include them, I suppose.
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

First, I'm glad you like the idea.
      In terms of land area, Bhutan is actually larger than Israel, which appears on the WWIII global map. If you're talking about the small population, I suppose it would/could be an issue if in-game populations were proportionally equivalent to real life populations, but they already aren't. The devs would have to be willing to give them a fake population boost to include them, I suppose.
      So this would be an all-human map? No AI? (except for the insurgency of course)
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup: