Sharing resources with ally in a coalition

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I don't mean to be the jerk who shoots down your suggestion or to dissuade you from making suggestions in the future. However, this is not an issue that the game developers have not already considered and made a conscious decision about.

It is intentional that you cannot freely share resources with coalition mates without using the open market. It is also intentional that players be limited by a shortage of resources early in the game.
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

I don't mean to be the jerk who shoots down your suggestion or to dissuade you from making suggestions in the future. However, this is not an issue that the game developers have not already considered and made a conscious decision about.

It is intentional that you cannot freely share resources with coalition mates without using the open market. It is also intentional that players be limited by a shortage of resources early in the game.
      so its intentional that they make people quit the game?
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • As @A_Talking_Crab mentioned previously, this feature can be highly abused, and if my knowledge is correct, resource and province trades were available in the early days of CoN, but both were removed due to abusers. I'm pretty sure this was before the multi-account screening filter was introduced.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Anna Jija wrote:

Whether or not individual players quit the game is up to those players. What the developers have to be aware of and support is what works the best for the most people. Allowing resource sharing and allowing an overabundance of resources does not work the best for the game (in the opinions of the devs). If a comparatively small number of people choose to quit because they don't like it while the majority stays, then that's an unfortunate compromise they have to make. They can't institute every half-considered idea that would throw the game wildly off balance just to keep this individual or that individual from rage quitting.
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

Anna Jija wrote:

Whether or not individual players quit the game is up to those players. What the developers have to be aware of and support is what works the best for the most people. Allowing resource sharing and allowing an overabundance of resources does not work the best for the game (in the opinions of the devs). If a comparatively small number of people choose to quit because they don't like it while the majority stays, then that's an unfortunate compromise they have to make. They can't institute every half-considered idea that would throw the game wildly off balance just to keep this individual or that individual from rage quitting.

PerigeeNil wrote:

but what would be the backside of resource trading?
      Україна
      Україна

• Anna Jija wrote:

As folks have mentioned above: For one thing, it can be (and has been) abused to artificially inflate the resources of individual countries. I don't know if I can explain exactly how, because I got in trouble for explaining how people cheat before, but basically it would involve multiple countries contributing solely to the success of just one country.

The other major element is balance. Limiting resource production/acquisition is an effective way to fine tune balance for individual nations. It's one of the reasons that not all cities produce the same number of a resource, that countries don't start out with the same number of resources or resource production, and that countries don't start out with the same number of resources available at the same prices for purchase on the market at the beginning of the game. Brazil seems like it's producing too many resources too quickly in the first 5 days of the game? Decrease their starting production a little. Syria doesn't have enough resources to get off to a competitive start in their region? Bump up their starting resources a little.

If/when you were to give coalition mates the unfettered ability to freely give and take resources from each other, you completely nullify that entire balance dynamic.
    • Everest132 wrote:

It's pretty hard to build and mobilise when you're running out of resources half the time. So why not add a feature where we can share resources with other people in a coalition. That way, if a nation has extra resources and has no use for them, they can send it over to an ally
      Note that smart coalition players do manage resource transfer via market transactions.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

Anna Jija wrote:

As folks have mentioned above: For one thing, it can be (and has been) abused to artificially inflate the resources of individual countries. I don't know if I can explain exactly how, because I got in trouble for explaining how people cheat before, but basically it would involve multiple countries contributing solely to the success of just one country.

The other major element is balance. Limiting resource production/acquisition is an effective way to fine tune balance for individual nations. It's one of the reasons that not all cities produce the same number of a resource, that countries don't start out with the same number of resources or resource production, and that countries don't start out with the same number of resources available at the same prices for purchase on the market at the beginning of the game. Brazil seems like it's producing too many resources too quickly in the first 5 days of the game? Decrease their starting production a little. Syria doesn't have enough resources to get off to a competitive start in their region? Bump up their starting resources a little.

If/when you were to give coalition mates the unfettered ability to freely give and take resources from each other, you completely nullify that entire balance dynamic.
      You're right; to sum it up, it's primarily intended to keep the game balanced.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • To get around use ridiculously low (like min amount) buy offers to get around.

Example: Components and Elec going for $10 on open mkt. if I need 1000 comp from ally and he needs 1000 Elec if we offer cheap sale offer others will scoop up right. Well if I put a $4 Buy offer for Components and he puts $4 for Elec no one else ids going to sell at this rate so we each buy each others 1000 units and money is a wash; so we just accomplished what you wanted.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

To get around use ridiculously low (like min amount) buy offers to get around.

Example: Components and Elec going for $10 on open mkt. if I need 1000 comp from ally and he needs 1000 Elec if we offer cheap sale offer others will scoop up right. Well if I put a $4 Buy offer for Components and he puts $4 for Elec no one else ids going to sell at this rate so we each buy each others 1000 units and money is a wash; so we just accomplished what you wanted.
      Sometimes I will do this with my allies, tho if someone else has same rate we have to change our rates :D
      Україна
      Україна

• What if you do a standard price for all trade that goes on from one guy to another in the message area without going to market. For example, rares would be a fixed price at 15 per unit(price subject to change) and electronics at 10. This would make it that you can get the resources you want but you will have to pay for it so it will be harder to abuse.

because of now every rising tides game I play there is always someone who blocks the whole market with a insane amount of supplies per say at the max price thus making it so my ally or anyone able to trade resources at all except after his offer is sold.
    • MarineRaider wrote:

What if you do a standard price for all trade that goes on from one guy to another in the message area without going to market. For example, rares would be a fixed price at 15 per unit(price subject to change) and electronics at 10. This would make it that you can get the resources you want but you will have to pay for it so it will be harder to abuse.

because of now every rising tides game I play there is always someone who blocks the whole market with a insane amount of supplies per say at the max price thus making it so my ally or anyone able to trade resources at all except after his offer is sold.
      What if you do a standard price for all trade that goes on from one guy to another in the message area without going to market. For example, rares would be a fixed price at 15 per unit(price subject to change) and electronics at 10. This would make it that you can get the resources you want but you will have to pay for it so it will be harder to abuse.

MarineRaider wrote:

Yeah, ig that works too
      Україна
      Україна