Is It just me or Is Canada the most boring nation to play

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is It just me or Is Canada the most boring nation to play

Everytime I play a Canada game it's boring. Especially if you're ally with US. If you're ally with him your conquering options are far-away and painfully slow to conquer. Addind the fact that you have only 6 cities who're very far away from each other... well we can say it's tedious being canadian in CON
    • shrek6satan wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Sometimes you spend an entire day fishing and you don't catch anything. Then on other days, they almost jump into the boat. ;)
      yeah I wanna hear what are you guys experiences with Canada
      Well I don't play Canada that much either, but from the ~2 times I played Canada and did NOT ally with US, it was really exciting. One time I was wiped out by a USA/Russia coalition, and the other time I was able to conquer most of North America before 4 different countries declared war on me on the same day (Peru, Argentina, Germany, Algeria)
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Tifo_14 wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Sometimes you spend an entire day fishing and you don't catch anything. Then on other days, they almost jump into the boat. ;)
      Well I don't play Canada that much either, but from the ~2 times I played Canada and did NOT ally with US, it was really exciting. One time I was wiped out by a USA/Russia coalition, and the other time I was able to conquer most of North America before 4 different countries declared war on me on the same day (Peru, Argentina, Germany, Algeria)
      Still when you ally with US it's kinda of boring don't you think?
    • shrek6satan wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Still when you ally with US it's kinda of boring don't you think?
      >picks country with low amount of nearby countries
      >allies with nearby countries
      >"REEE its so boring when you ally with nearby countries"
      well uhm ... duh?

IMO NA/SA as a whole suffers from the same issues; fairly low amount of countries (10) spread out across two entire continents, so ofc allying with nearby countries would make the game "boring" ... create a fully american coalition and you already own half of NA/SA.

also: "only 6 cities" lmao, having 6 cities is totally fine

The issue of having to conquer far away countries is something all NA/SA nations share simply by virute of being so incredible isolated from the rest of the world
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Tifo_14 wrote:

Well I don't play Canada that much either, but from the ~2 times I played Canada and did NOT ally with US, it was really exciting.
      Tifo got it right, and Teburu implied the same thing: Don't ally with the US. That's how you make Canada more exciting/interesting. Fight the U.S. from Day 1. Then, when you're finished, you'll be a lot closer to Central America and the Caribbean. When you're done with those, you've got South America. By the time you take all of those, the rest of the world is feeling threatened by you, and more fun is on its way.

That's by far my #1 advice for making Canada less "boring" to play.

Lesser Option #2:

Start building yourself a bridge across the Atlantic right away (airfields on islands) and pick yourself an Atlantic European nation to fight. In most games, at least one of them didn't start a navy right away.. Or try Morocco. Or Mauritania.
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

Well I don't play Canada that much either, but from the ~2 times I played Canada and did NOT ally with US, it was really exciting.
      Tifo got it right, and Teburu implied the same thing: Don't ally with the US. That's how you make Canada more exciting/interesting. Fight the U.S. from Day 1. Then, when you're finished, you'll be a lot closer to Central America and the Caribbean. When you're done with those, you've got South America. By the time you take all of those, the rest of the world is feeling threatened by you, and more fun is on its way.
      That's by far my #1 advice for making Canada less "boring" to play.

Lesser Option #2:

Start building yourself a bridge across the Atlantic right away (airfields on islands) and pick yourself an Atlantic European nation to fight. In most games, at least one of them didn't start a navy right away.. Or try Morocco. Or Mauritania.
      See that's the thing: in almost all responses people say to not ally with the US. If a nation only has one option to make it fun, well, it isn't fun. If there was some islands closer to canada than the UK who were playable nations that would be more interesting. Needless to say geography wasn't keen to canada, at least in terms of gameplay aspects. The other thing is, attacking other nations an ocean apart earlier in the game not only it's difficult but also extremely slow
    • Teburu wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Hey Have some Tim Bits and a Molson while you ice fish to pass the time ya Ho-ser. But don't blame the country; blame how you chose to play it.

Does Canada have an actual military?
      They do, how'd you think they fought in both world wars
      well at that time more directly under Crown rule so not much choice as wasn't even an independent commonwealth till 1931; all the colonies pitched in. Canada didnt even have its own constitution and become independent nation till 1982. But since independence Military drastically reduced (yes end of ww2 Canada was like 5th largest military) now less than 70k active duty.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Pale Rider ().

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Hey Have some Tim Bits and a Molson while you ice fish to pass the time ya Ho-ser. But don't blame the country; blame how you chose to play it.

They do, how'd you think they fought in both world wars
      well at that time more directly under Crown rule so not much choice as wasn't even an independent commonwealth till 1931; all the colonies pitched in. Canada didnt even have its own constitution and become independent nation till 1982. But since independence Military drastically reduced (yes end of ww2 Canada was like 5th largest military) now less than 70k active duty.
      Huh interesting i guess. According to Google at least they have armed forces since 1968 and they’re being described as „small and lightly-funded“ tho i guess that makes sense if you’re a Nato member and next to the USA
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • shrek6satan wrote:

See that's the thing: in almost all responses people say to not ally with the US. If a nation only has one option to make it fun, well, it isn't fun. If there was some islands closer to canada than the UK who were playable nations that would be more interesting. Needless to say geography wasn't keen to canada, at least in terms of gameplay aspects. The other thing is, attacking other nations an ocean apart earlier in the game not only it's difficult but also extremely slow
      Right, so, I guess then it comes down to your personal opinions on "fun" and "boring". It is more appealing to me to fight the U.S. while playing as Canada rather than to ally with them, so I'll do that every time. That doesn't bore me personally. If being in that type of situation does bore you, I imagine there are some other countries that will/do bore you as well, like New Zealand or Mongolia, or maybe even South Africa or Morocco.
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Probably not. If they did, then wouldn't they be doing something about those antivax truckers flooding the streets of Ottawa?

Let's not go any farther. Sorry for bringing politics into this.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup: