1x Starts Out With Greater Base Resource Production than 4x?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 1x Starts Out With Greater Base Resource Production than 4x?

So, I just started playing 1x again for the first time since I was brand new to the game (years ago), and I thought I noticed something that I kind of barely remembered wondering about before:

1x countries seem to start out with better resource production.

I started that 1x game as Saudi Arabia like I said I was going to, and when I looked at the reseach production, I was like, "This isn't as bad as I seem to remember it being (in 4x)."

So I decided to do a little experiment. Below you'll see screen shots of a 1x game and a 4x game: both started as Ethiopia (by me); both started at approximately the same real time (one after another); both viewed at apprximately the same game time; no buildings built or units moved yet (this is what I see at first login); both versions had the same morale and populations in the cities:

Screenshot 2022-02-19 7.jpgScreenshot 2022-02-19 7 (1).jpg

The post was edited 1 time, last by PerigeeNil ().

• Is it same map/game besides speed?

Isnt that Ethiopia? Which btw Ethiopia a good country on mideast map; never have played on WW3 map. Playing same country on two maps at same time may be interesting /confusing keeping things straight.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Is it same map/game besides speed?

Isnt that Ethiopia? Which btw Ethiopia a good country on mideast map; never have played on WW3 map. Playing same country on two maps at same time may be interesting /confusing keeping things straight.
      Yes, it is WWIII 1x and WWIII 4x. And yes, it is Ethiopia. I was already playing the Saudi game when I started thinking about this, so I joined two new games to compare those two game (not the Saudi game, which I had already altered).

Yes, playing as the same nation in two different games at the same time is very confusing. I'm not playing those two Ethiopia game above. I just joined to see what they started with. Also, personally, I get confused if I'm in two games using any two countries and I am either: fighting the same enemy in both games; using very similar units in both games; or near the same timeframe/game day on both games.
    • pretty sure the output is lower on 4X indeed to accomodate the lower activity of players. Remember they need to make some gold.

You don't log in in a X1 for on day, boom, you have 2400 supplies. If it was on a X4 with this output, that would be 9 600.
      However, with lower output, that's 7 400.

"They won't see the difference" :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.

Joke apart, i'm vastly busy with things ^^
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.

elrond musk.jpg

Joke apart, i'm vastly busy with things ^^
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Is it same map/game besides speed?

Yes, it is WWIII 1x and WWIII 4x. And yes, it is Ethiopia. I was already playing the Saudi game when I started thinking about this, so I joined two new games to compare those two game (not the Saudi game, which I had already altered).
      Yes, playing as the same nation in two different games at the same time is very confusing. I'm not playing those two Ethiopia game above. I just joined to see what they started with. Also, personally, I get confused if I'm in two games using any two countries and I am either: fighting the same enemy in both games; using very similar units in both games; or near the same timeframe/game day on both games.
      no sorry the 1x is a apocalypse map

sorry i was incorect. theyre both regular ww3 maps
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija

The post was edited 1 time, last by Anna Jija ().

• Opulon wrote:

pretty sure the output is lower on 4X indeed to accomodate the lower activity of players. Remember they need to make some gold.

You don't log in in a X1 for on day, boom, you have 2400 supplies. If it was on a X4 with this output, that would be 9 600.
      However, with lower output, that's 7 400.

"They won't see the difference" :D
      1x has more activity than 4x?
      CDR Crimson
      Founder of The Militia Collective

Training and Screening Hub, New Players or Existing: Come Find your perfect Alliance here!

Join Our Discord !
    • Generally speaking yes, but don't be fooled :

X1 and X4 both have awful average activities because the public player in average logs 2 times a day max :D

However, in a X1, logging twice a day is like logging 8 times a day in a X4... and most X4 players log only once a day.

"Man i play X4 because X1 are so boring and so slow" - Kevin, who plays 20 minutes every day after school.

"I avoid to play X4 because i lack the activity necessary to play them properly" - Jean, who is logged in 18 hours on 24.
    • simply we made way to push player spedn gold in evry map wicth we make it ... becose comfort make it that player not need spend it

that is correct and fair

some ios fair have more or less people in city ( that depence produce all resorce diferent ( dont think taht you have population 5 it may 5,000001 .. and imput may be diferent .. sure you make control about some provience with income resource ( taht is little randomize on all map ( on evry game .. )
    • Opulon wrote:

Generally speaking yes, but don't be fooled :

X1 and X4 both have awful average activities because the public player in average logs 2 times a day max :D

However, in a X1, logging twice a day is like logging 8 times a day in a X4... and most X4 players log only once a day.

"Man i play X4 because X1 are so boring and so slow" - Kevin, who plays 20 minutes every day after school.

"I avoid to play X4 because i lack the activity necessary to play them properly" - Jean, who is logged in 18 hours on 24.
      I keep trying not to be Picard, but Iam such a micromanager of games at heart.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Opulon wrote:

Generally speaking yes, but don't be fooled :

the environment is like a WHOLE different story:

1x newspaper - 1 mf posts to advertise coalition

4x newspaper - AT LEAST 5 people arguing about racism, communism, or other shit
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija