Battleground USA - Nicaragua Journal / Guide to Victory with one of the smallest countries in 20 days

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I appreciate you sharing the strategy and the tactics here. I've been playing the US map as well and it's certainly easier than the global game - fewer players, many dropouts, limited boundaries on the east and west, and navy usage is minimized. I'm intrigued by your use of NG troops here - I'm playing a map now and my coalition partner has mainly NG and RCV, while I've researched up Infantry and Armored Vehicles. He took down some very large stacks of a common enemy (L5 Inf and tanks) with just NG and RCV, and some helicopters.

Second note: I don't know how anyone does this game without a spreadsheet. I built one very shortly after starting play, and added a second sheet to organize platoons and maneuvers. I'm gonna learn some stuff from yours as my biggest peeve is that I don't see the progressions in the economy and the size of the army. I'd like that stuff to port over from the game but I don't think that's possible.

Last note: I'm happy to see that you didn't use much gold in playing the game. It's a crutch to use it - I don't want to say "cheat," since I use it pretty regularly, but it is a crutch. I'd prefer not to use (much) gold, and after reading your story here, I'm intrigued. The biggest challenge, though, is the immediacy of it - you're watching the game, you see that you need a plane, or a research thing, or troops somewhere, and it's just damn easy to hit that button. It would be better to stay off watching the thing for six to eight hours, to let stuff settle, so you don't keep pushing that button. So that's what I plan to do.

Then again, I've also come upon players who have built aircraft carriers on the US map in five days. That's a ton of gold and you're never gonna win against that guy.
    • affagato wrote:

Last note: I'm happy to see that you didn't use much gold in playing the game. It's a crutch to use it - I don't want to say "cheat," since I use it pretty regularly, but it is a crutch. I'd prefer not to use (much) gold, and after reading your story here, I'm intrigued. The biggest challenge, though, is the immediacy of it - you're watching the game, you see that you need a plane, or a research thing, or troops somewhere, and it's just damn easy to hit that button. It would be better to stay off watching the thing for six to eight hours, to let stuff settle, so you don't keep pushing that button. So that's what I plan to do.

Then again, I've also come upon players who have built aircraft carriers on the US map in five days. That's a ton of gold and you're never gonna win against that guy.
      Thanks for feedback.

Funny thing current game on WW3 followed similiar plan; but have evolved air game a bit. Anyways cooking with gas with like 850 vp day 12 - 13 as Spain and Moz gets but hurt don't accept him in my alliance (I had so many bad partners was just going solo). So at time he had done nothing like 120 VPs and Im in Northern africa a continent away and guy hits my cities 28 times with Intel Morale (1000 gold per pop) and we weren't even at war; first 14 I ignored but after 2nd 14 I sent my Bombers to hit his homeland. Dude spins up army 5 ; TDS; ICBMs; new SF fleets; CMs; Chem; BMs; etc. Nukes me so many times I lost track ( at least 12). Guy was spending several 100 per day but I still managed to keep him at bay and he had no navy so last hoorah got my frigs to his coast and took his capitol. He was also instant boosting his occuppied cities now via gold.

But his gold spending; nukes; etc wrecked my morale so bad I was just stuck and his morale was down to 19...lol. So we finally made peace as Im not dropping large money on this game. The last hurrah push I did spend $10 to restock /speed up warheads while he was off as without he was nuking my cities before could build.

Overall I won the casualty battle like 26k - 10k;but we both lost the war and i couldn't keep defeating his gold replenished arsenal. He claims was getting free gold on account and not spending own money??

I really dont get what people get out of spending that much $$ to "win".
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp