Battleground USA - Nicaragua Journal / Guide to Victory with one of the smallest countries in 20 days

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Battleground USA - Nicaragua Journal / Guide to Victory with one of the smallest countries in 20 days

Day 0 18:00 - Plan is to stay Solo

Pros: Nicaragua is situated very well with Auto nation territory to North and South. No immediate threats .

Cons: Small at 5 starting cities - 3. Exposed shore on both sides but will function like island nation (bonus have landbridge to move north).

Cities: 5 / 62 VPs (started 31st out of 32 playable countries)

Economy:
      S - 36 / hr
      C - 67 /hr
      F - 69 / hr
      E - 57 / hr
      R - 41 / Hr
      $ - 405 / hr

Gold: 4200 from last Rising Tides win

Used all extra cash to but cheap 1600 Elec (always need later and hard to find) / 600 Rare (bought additional 4000 with 2300 gold). Using gold to bulk buy Resource most efficient use and now out of gold.

Units:
      10 Inf
      2 RCV
      1 ASF

Research / Builds:

- Start research NG and ASF (both 30 min)
      - Build Rec Center in 4 Cities
      - Build Arms Industry in Capitol (sped up with gold build to finish)
      - Build Arms industry in port city (sped up with gold)
      - Build Navy 2 in port City

30 min into game start Mobilizations of 4 NG and 1 ASF

Currently out of cash. Put 500 Fuel on market.

Combat:

- Sent both rcv and 6 Inf north to take Honderos (1 Elect City) - will end up being main force. 1 RCV and 2 inf attack will attack Tegucgalpa at 22:30 (should conquer by end of day 1)
      - Sent 3 Inf South to take Costa Rica ( 1 Supply city ). Sent 1 ASF to soften occupied troops at San Jose. 22:00 2 inf engage weakened NG (First volly down to .4; will take city at 23:00) want to take before end of day 1 to get the 5 pct morale bump at 24:00.

Sit Rep:

- Fla ; NC; Cuba in Coalition (all low rank so no concern)
      - Yucatan heading South to Guatamala (first potential live opponent)

Plan:

- Build 3 NGs per city in 3 cities; port city after 1 NG start Corvette when Navy done (still need to research). Like to get decent number of units then dont build after start cranking ships / planes. plus letting NGs "cook" at home till get to full strength.
      - Day 2 start research / build Airbase 2 for Srike Fighters. Complete taking Honderos and Costa Rica ... then head to panama (no cities but 11 Prov)Nic Day 1.jpg
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp

The post was edited 7 times, last by The Pale Rider ().

• End of Day 1:

Cities: 7 ( + 2 )
      Prov: 54

VPS: 78 VPs ( +16 ) ( Moved up to 6th / 32 playable)

Economy:
      S - 44 / hr ( +8/hr ) - 1 occupied city gained
      C - 69 / hr ( +2/hr ) - Arms Industry built)
      F - 70 / hr ( +1/hr)
      E - 65 / hr ( +8/hr ) - 1 occupied city gained; Arms Industry Built)
      R - 41 / hr
      $ - 444 / hr ( +19/hr )

** - Someone bought 500 Fuel @ 8 net $4000 used to start Corvette Research.

Gold: 203 left

Overall Morale: 64.76%

Units:[/u] 13 (+0)
      10 Inf
      2 RCV
      1 ASF

* - 4 NGs about 2.5 hrs left on initial build
      * - 1 ASF 19.5 left on initial build

Units Defeated: 2
      Units Lost: 0

At War with: 2 Honduras ( 0 cities and 2 prov left) ; Costa Rico ( 0 cities and 3 prov left)

- Heading to two Prov El Salvador w/ Comp in 1 Prov.

SitRep: Cuba and Haiti at war; which is ideal as will take out winner after they hopefully punch each other out. Haiti rank 25 with 5 wins and will most likely win unless Cuba Coalition helps. Wont be able too far north with Haiti on flank.

Cuba losing 4 units and 1 city to Haiti as looks like he left closest city empty to take Jamaica (rookie mistake #1) and Haiti walked in; then appears cuba tried to retake with single units (rookie mistake #2). Two outcomes will be Haiti crushes cuba or fla/cuba/NC coalition 3 on 1 Haiti. Haiti potential threat will shift priorities to building Navy over Airforce. If Fla Coalition beats Haiti now I have 3 country coalition on my flank. Ideally a drawn out battle.

Virginia a level 95 with 38 wins (1 solo) already building Navy 3; only 1 port but long term threat.

Days Plan: Mid Day Updates 14:30

- Complete Navy 2 Build (7 hrs left) (Complete)
      - Research Corvette (30 min) (Complete)

- Finish 4 NGs (build 3 - 6 more pending cash flow -- move to shore cities) ; Start 1 Corvette; Finish 1 ASF (19 hrs left) (Will have 10 NG; 1 ASF built; 1 Corvette 90 pct)
      - Research Strike Fighters (Pending cash) Delayed in leu of research Frig 1.
      - Start Airbase 2 (pending cash) Delayed as no need yet if don't have SF research
      - Sell Additional excess 500 Fuel / 500 Supplies to fund builds / Mobilizations. No one buying Fuel and decided not to sell supplies. Day 1 i overspent on resources which will pay off in long run; but low cash now.

- Finish off Honduras; Costa Rico and El Salvador (Complete)
      - Head south to Panama (11 Prov and no cities) Underway and attacking NG unit at Rare Mat Prov now.
      - Probably bored and will take city in Guatamala after done with El Salvador if Yucatan doesnt get there. Yucatan stopped before getting to city so taking it
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

The post was edited 15 times, last by The Pale Rider ().

• End of Day 2:

Cities: 8 ( + 1 )
      Prov: 74 (+20)

VPS: 102 VPs ( +30 ) ( Moved up to 2nd / 32 playable. 1 behind lead...pedal to the metal)

Economy:
      S - 39 / hr ( -5/hr ) - not sure how went down; probably overall reduced morale
      C - 76 / hr ( +7/hr ) - Prov w comp gained
      F - 71 / hr ( +1/hr) - 1 occupied city gained
      E - 66 / hr ( +1/hr ) -
      R - 44 / hr (+3/hr) - 1 prov with RM gained
      $ - 491 / hr ( +36/hr )

Economy: 13th but imagine started below 30th based on size of cities / VPS day 1

Overall Morale: 59.94

Units: 24 (+11)
      10 Inf
      2 RCV
      2 ASF (+1)
      10 NG (+10)

* - 3rd Air Supp underway; 1st corvette done in 4 hrs (will switch to Frig after)

Units Defeated: 5 (+3)
      Units Lost: 0

At War with: 2 Panama - half prov left...slow down past canal. Guatamala - 1 prov left

SitRep: Fla declared war on Haiti; Haiti moving up Cuba. Will have 3 units in all port cities to defendNic Day 3.jpg

Days Plan: UPDATES Day 3 16:20
      - Finish off Guatemala and Panama Complete

- Move north and attack Yucatan Began attack on Yucatan as he looks going AI. Day 1 he moved two stacks south and left in Mtn / Jungle pass. Confirmed with RCV and leaving for now and went around. Took the two cities he left wide open. 1 stack 1 rcv and 2 inf was going to attack with 1 RCV and 6 Inf but in mtns with my attack disadvantage and his entrenchment basically cuts force in half. will wait till breaks apart but have stack guarding. 2nd stack 2 inf and began attack with 2 ASF (which almost equal 1 lvl 1 SF ). Plan early on is to work smart not hard. Hard part after finishing last game with massive army is to re-adjust speed based on current minimal force. When was taking multiple whole countries in 1 day need to dial back expectations and take my time.

- start Strike Fighter Research and Build Airbase 2 started AB2 first (get 10 pct resource prod bump) w/ 18 hrs to compete. started SF research with 23 hrs left. Tomorrow will be able to produce Frigs and SFs.
      - Continue build of 1 ship / 1 plane completed 1 Corvette and choke pt off coast towards cuba / haiti blocks off both ports (bonus). Able to start Frig in 2 hrs after research done.

SO FAR STICKING TO PLAN AND ON TARGET 90 PCT ON STUFF.

Early on its a balance act of aggression to build territory; troop mgmt; resource mgmt; build buildings that support what you can build now and correspond with research. Doesnt do a lot of good to over build or over research if they do not support each other. Goal is not to lose ground troops and can focus Comp / Elec on Airforce and Navy while Supp and RM for research. Sell excess fuel not needed for additional builds.

The post was edited 4 times, last by The Pale Rider ().

• Bored on Pres Day created a Dashboard ;) (Days off 1 day on charts as Office onedrive watered down)nic stat day 4.pngnic resource day 4.pngnic Miltary day 4.pngnic day 4.jpg

The post was edited 2 times, last by The Pale Rider ().

• KFGauss wrote:

Buckeye - I'm really enjoying these because they so closely mirror some of the things I want to do/create. Keep up the good work - You have an audience.
      I agree, the detail here is phenomenal.

I need to take the time to figure out my Microsoft subscription and make fancy charts like Buckeye here.

CDR Crimson
      Founder of The Militia Collective

Training and Screening Hub, New Players or Existing: Come Find your perfect Alliance here!

Join Our Discord !
    • End of Day 5.

- Yucatan finished off.

- New Rank 53 took over 7 city Mexico and building Navy 2 in two cities and 5 Airbases. So decision to wipe out before gets rolling or Align with but what fun would that be ;)

- Cuba / Haiti a mess as both have cities in each others homeland.

- Middle of Night Nuevo Leon for some reason declared war; but till see whats up with Mexico not jumping ahead. started to attack by sea but figured let mexico waste his troops ;)

- Slowed down abit today to recoup some morale and re assess things.

Options:
      1. attack Mexico before he gets rolling
      2. attack cuba (in coal with fla) or Haiti (in coal with N Carolina who is getting whooped by Va.)

Probably see what shakes out with Mexico; he seems like going air supp which can neutralize with frigs. And I have 5 planes he probably has 1 now and just started being able to build ships (have 3 working on 4th)
      Cuba closest in air range so heading that way to take 3 cities as no tthreat and can move troops to defend potential mexico attack. nic day 6.jpgnic day 6 stats.jpgnic 6 rss.jpgnic 6 mil.pngnic 6 win.png

• Had a Date so late ;)
      o
      --Chatted with Mexico.. hes cool (checked stats and barely a 1 to 1 via live opponent's.. not to brag but im like 10 to against live so no concern. but big battle now will slow overall growth.

-- Va coalition racist went off on me last night. think that's his thing. get him in 5 days.

-- plan will clea up cuba... haiti ... then fla... keep eye on Mexico.
      Files
      • nic 7 STATS.jpg

(278.89 kB, downloaded 8 times, last: )
      • nic day 7.jpg

(815.77 kB, downloaded 15 times, last: )
      • nic 7 RSS.jpg

(302.94 kB, downloaded 8 times, last: )
      • nic 7 MIL.jpg

(262.95 kB, downloaded 6 times, last: )

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Pale Rider ().

• he will gets his...... last night schooled him ait about good fun vs n as ass fuckery .. he seemed a young buck who thought trump made racists cool. heck he challenged me to attack him... but he he did change raicst name / desc.

its business not personal.

• End of Day 8 - Took out cuba; working on Hait and Fla.

Mexico doing OK and has msged a few times; think hes afraid ill take him out. But after Fla will take out Racist Va.

- From 31st out of 32 in size and economy day 1 to #1 Economy despite 5 homeland cities and minimal Arms industry. Components holding me back abit but extra cash buying all avilable resources on mkt.
      nic day 7 stats.jpgnic day 8 vp.jpg

• To set a pace will need goals. may take a little longer. But based on winning like 18 out of 22 games. probably closer to 25 days, but your growth ends up being logarithmic as you build / expand.

Right now NAP with Mexico but that could throw wrench in works if he tries something.

• CDRCrimson42 wrote:

20 days or 30 the analytics are interesting to watch and helpful for future planning.
      yeah first time captured this and had this plan in my head and generally follow; but will help in future. One thing noted resource production goes up and down through out day based on morale; so trying better to manage this. you also see you "bottlenecks" to builds.

• End of Day 9:

- British Columbia (rank 1) figured good idea to sail down unannounced. Gave opportunity to turn around but he deciding debate club about his rights was smart. so sank 6 units ;) Cant help it unescoted convoys .. dont sink it...dont sink it... Fire!! But I actually gave this Newb 4 chances to head back home. His story was fastest way to New England instead of fighting in NW??

- Fla done; Haiti done except 1 prov in PR. city is insurgent and just wish it would take that last prov.

- Mexico and I getting along and no issues so far.

- texas / va together (kansas looks ROW with Texas)

- could skip Ga and hit Va but dont like gaps.

- ahead of Goal rate to 1700!! Now we are cooking with gas. but today will be more move into position day.

- Resources interesting as Supply; Rare; Elec; Fuel good but Components lagging (of course what you need is always furthest cities away). Should have bought more components sooner. Mkt dry so pulled my gas as dont need money.
      nic 9 map.jpg
      Files