HOW CAN I SEE OR DETECT STEALTH CHOOPERS ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• guacanagarix wrote:

Like Elite choppers since awacs for example can only detect aircraft at max level and no stealth rotatory wing. SAM also cant see them or detect them so how can I see/detect them ?
      Best bet is have ASF squad patrol were think will come. Dont need to "see" them; all units visible when they attack; so you will see what airbase they attacked from and returning too. Due to slow speed and low rangeyou can beat them back from. Get jets inline to intercept and all units visible in site range. Or if Strike Fighters would follow back to their airbase wait till they land and bomb them on the ground.

Advanced Frigs will detect stealth aircraft also.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • playbabe wrote:

stealth unit are visible on attack, correct
      but you know that aircraft attack time is complete in "1 server tick" right ? aka it is instant and will never show up for you to see
      Not true.... look at your aircraft when attacking they will start appear to be attacking (looks like bombs beginning) about 15 sec before actual attack and their return path line will show up. Plus educated guess /attack patterns could tell what airbase coming from. Most will only have 1 maybe 2 airbases /airfields near by within 550 mi. He wont be stealth till day 22 and by that time have planes ranged to 900 miles and a 12 vs 10 speed diff shouldnt have hard time "finding" him.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• guacanagarix wrote:

I thank you for your answers but what I really want to know is if there is a unit that can reveal them ?
      AWACS level 5 ; Frig level 6 just look at the research trees. But key is to beat them not just see them. Bomb their damn airfields or hit while on the ground and useless.

• guacanagarix wrote:

I thank you for your answers but what I really want to know is if there is a unit that can reveal them ?
      Yeah, so, what you need are units that reveal stealth aircraft. As Buck said, high enough level Frigates and AWACS both reveal stealth aircraft and pick up Helo radar signatures. A high enough level Mobile Radar reveals steath aircraft but does not pick up helo radar signatures.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Patrol attacks kind of make it impossible to for ASF to defend allies, the same as they to it for AA units
      agree .. i always patrol attack; but many dont.

It not only saves against AA but cuts down about 5 min each way. if a 30 min attack can make 25 min patrol attack; saves 10 min flight time round trip (50 min vs 60 min) over course of day can save 240 min of flight time or approx 2.5 extra attacks.

Plus will stop an attack on city once the units destroyed. Same thing with Navy; never understand when people issue attack order on city then forget about it. Last game watched 2 players just shell a city to almost zero VP everytime and they wonder why widespread decent. All you have to do is move ship in fring range of enemy city; it will patrol attack if needed.

• Kalrakh wrote:

Ships can't detect infantry though, so if there is a 10 stack of infantry in that city, there will be still no shooting on its own :D
      You need to get in site range and it picks up. Which btw # of units should add to Radar signature.

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

playbabe wrote:

stealth unit are visible on attack, correct
      but you know that aircraft attack time is complete in "1 server tick" right ? aka it is instant and will never show up for you to see
      Not true.... look at your aircraft when attacking they will start appear to be attacking (looks like bombs beginning) about 15 sec before actual attack and their return path line will show up. Plus educated guess /attack patterns could tell what airbase coming from. Most will only have 1 maybe 2 airbases /airfields near by within 550 mi. He wont be stealth till day 22 and by that time have planes ranged to 900 miles and a 12 vs 10 speed diff shouldnt have hard time "finding" him.
      ok so i run a test and it doesn't be revealed
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Patrol attacks kind of make it impossible to for ASF to defend allies, the same as they to it for AA units
      agree .. i always patrol attack; but many dont.
      It not only saves against AA but cuts down about 5 min each way. if a 30 min attack can make 25 min patrol attack; saves 10 min flight time round trip (50 min vs 60 min) over course of day can save 240 min of flight time or approx 2.5 extra attacks.

Plus will stop an attack on city once the units destroyed. Same thing with Navy; never understand when people issue attack order on city then forget about it. Last game watched 2 players just shell a city to almost zero VP everytime and they wonder why widespread decent. All you have to do is move ship in fring range of enemy city; it will patrol attack if needed.
      This is some misleading info. While it is true patrol attack will no longer attack the units once they are dead it will leave your air units patrolling in a likely vulnerable position. If you are not going to be online to monitor the game the better bet would be to attack the unit directly. Once the unit is dead your aircraft will return to your city to heal.
    • Nubluk wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

agree .. i always patrol attack; but many dont.It not only saves against AA but cuts down about 5 min each way. if a 30 min attack can make 25 min patrol attack; saves 10 min flight time round trip (50 min vs 60 min) over course of day can save 240 min of flight time or approx 2.5 extra attacks.

This is some misleading info. While it is true patrol attack will no longer attack the units once they are dead it will leave your air units patrolling in a likely vulnerable position. If you are not going to be online to monitor the game the better bet would be to attack the unit directly. Once the unit is dead your aircraft will return to your city to heal.
      ig thats right
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija