I just saw a guy destroy my 2 sam launchers without losing a single aircraft

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• shrek6satan wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

oh they know? Then how didn't I know this info only after I went on this forum searching for some obscure thread about this topic? I can almost bet the developers weren't expecting that you could attack a stack with SAMs maybe evem maxxed up and get out with only a single scratch.I'm sorry but to me it seems bullshit.
      It's not some obscure Thread.It's a recent and notoriously public thread I sent you to read.

The Dorado folks and their volunteers are 110% aware of thread and everything it contains; and they encourage all players to read it and every other thread in this forum.

Sheesh!
      it's still an obscure topic. In every beginner guide you have of the game no one will metion that, if you go to the wiki there's nothing there also, if you go to con youtubers most of them will not even referenced that exploit. I've created a previous thread about this and I'm thankful you sent me the link about piercing the AA bubble. But after seeing what people had to say about it it's obvious it's an exploit
      the question isn’t if it’s an exploit though, more like is this acceptable in the sphere of war. It doesn’t seem unrealistic to potential real life scenarios. Why doesn’t anybody care about the realism of it to judge if it should be allowed ?
      CDR Crimson
      Founder of The Militia Collective

Training and Screening Hub, New Players or Existing: Come Find your perfect Alliance here!

Join Our Discord !
    • CDRCrimson42 wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

oh they know? Then how didn't I know this info only after I went on this forum searching for some obscure thread about this topic? I can almost bet the developers weren't expecting that you could attack a stack with SAMs maybe evem maxxed up and get out with only a single scratch.I'm sorry but to me it seems bullshit.
      It's not some obscure Thread.It's a recent and notoriously public thread I sent you to read.
      The Dorado folks and their volunteers are 110% aware of thread and everything it contains; and they encourage all players to read it and every other thread in this forum.

Sheesh!
      it's still an obscure topic. In every beginner guide you have of the game no one will metion that, if you go to the wiki there's nothing there also, if you go to con youtubers most of them will not even referenced that exploit. I've created a previous thread about this and I'm thankful you sent me the link about piercing the AA bubble. But after seeing what people had to say about it it's obvious it's an exploit
      the question isn’t if it’s an exploit though, more like is this acceptable in the sphere of war. It doesn’t seem unrealistic to potential real life scenarios. Why doesn’t anybody care about the realism of it to judge if it should be allowed ?
      If they're so keen on realism then surely they wouldn't mind putting more info about how the attack bubble works on AA. But they don't strange isn't it? For me this type of exploits that players do don't seem to be a deliberate tactic that the devs thought off more something that was discorvered discarding that possibility. Still realistic or not it's an exploit in my view. if you have a way to not suffer 7 hp that's a lot to count
    • shrek6satan wrote:

CDRCrimson42 wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

It's not some obscure Thread.It's a recent and notoriously public thread I sent you to read.The Dorado folks and their volunteers are 110% aware of thread and everything it contains; and they encourage all players to read it and every other thread in this forum.

Sheesh!
      If they're so keen on realism then surely they wouldn't mind putting more info about how the attack bubble works on AA. But they don't strange isn't it? For me this type of exploits that players do don't seem to be a deliberate tactic that the devs thought off more something that was discorvered discarding that possibility. Still realistic or not it's an exploit in my view. if you have a way to not suffer 7 hp that's a lot to count
      I admit I’m new here so what is the abbreviation AA used for? It’s eluding me.
      CDR Crimson
      Founder of The Militia Collective

Training and Screening Hub, New Players or Existing: Come Find your perfect Alliance here!

Join Our Discord !
    • shrek6satan wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

Sheesh!
      If you care to complain about the Beginner's Guide, the official Wiki, and other documentation I'm right there beside you. I'm already publicly on record about those subjects, and I've implicitly complained that AA behavior is too much of a spaghetti mess; but what you wrote here isn't either of those discussions/situations. That is what put me on the other side in this thread.

YMMV
    • At current state there are several issues/flaws with the combat system, that sometimes existed for years

Most players hardly care about them, because they do never get that deep into mechanics, so I suppose, solving those issues has just no priority for the devs

They mostly effect the 'elite players', so those who likely spend the least amount of money on gold and other stuff

The most recent elite unit and its unusability and bugginess shows this neglence quite obvious in my eyes.
    • Wow. Look at you folks go!

Honestly, I agree that there's no great or comprehensive guide to every aspect and mechanic of the game. In fact, a lot of information about the game can be downright tough to find, if you can find it at all.

I'm not sure that it's the end of the world, though, @shrek6satan. There's nothing wrong with finding some things out on your own. Have you ever played a brand new game for which YouTube tutorials and written beginner's guides and even Forums usch as this either don't exist or lack very much information? This situation is a little like that. There are LOTS of things you can learn from the Forums, guides, and tutorials, but you might not get to know every single thing ahead of time. Just chock it up to a learning experience and stop insisting that everything is cheating and need to be changed all the time. IIRC, this isn't the first time you've had a passionate complaint.
    • this is hilarious lol.

not sure how hard it is to understand that every unit in the game is designed very carefully to have specific positives and negatives. To see ppl thinking that they could just create a wall of impenetrable SAMs and win every game they enter is laughable.

It's not an exploit, it's a deliberate mechanic. It creates depth to strategy and gameplay. For every offense, there is a defensive counter that can be learned, and vice versa. It's part of what makes this game so enjoyable.
    • jaudiola wrote:

this is hilarious lol.

not sure how hard it is to understand that every unit in the game is designed very carefully to have specific positives and negatives. To see ppl thinking that they could just create a wall of impenetrable SAMs and win every game they enter is laughable.

It's not an exploit, it's a deliberate mechanic. It creates depth to strategy and gameplay. For every offense, there is a defensive counter that can be learned, and vice versa. It's part of what makes this game so enjoyable.
      My aircraft gets killed by anti-air? AA must be OP!
      My aa gets killed? Aircraft must be OP!
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Probably using some purchased in the game to regenerate health on his units. He goes to battle, stops for a second and heals, then goes back....$ rule the day in CON. If you don't like it, I suggest leaving and finding something else because the game is rigged and every so many boards you will have one of the people doing this.
    • This is even worse with EAA ;) 5 EAA will smash multiple low HP Sams. Send in a Duck beat up ASF or CM throw away ...trigger AA. Patrol strike with 50+ EAA strike.

But in Real Life AA is not full proof either. Just ask Russia about the Moskava.

Or I just hit the SAM with a BM from my Elite Bomber ;)
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp