Takeover of Hostile Cities and Building Mechanics

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Takeover of Hostile Cities and Building Mechanics

Hey guys I am new here to the forum and I will make this question concise.

So I have noticed that when I conqueror a hostile city from an enemy, sometimes some of their buildings will remain (including airports, arms industry, army bases) at various degrees of level and condition. Sometimes I will bomb a city before takeover, or send in ground forces without bombing and I have not been able to identify a pattern to when certain buildings will remain. Can somebody shed some light on this, or your experience in being able to recover enemy buildings and having the option to repair them instead of having to build them yourself... Let me know!
      CDR Crimson
      Founder of The Militia Collective

Training and Screening Hub, New Players or Existing: Come Find your perfect Alliance here!

Join Our Discord !
    • booombooom wrote:

Recruitment Office, Arms Industries and Secret weapon labs will be gone, no matter what lvl they are, rest of the buildings get damage but can stay when you take over a city.
      I suppose that is true although one or twice I have kept a level one arms industry from takeover but not often.
      CDR Crimson

Training and Screening Hub, New Players or Existing: Come Find your perfect Alliance here!

Join Our Discord !
    • CDRCrimson42 wrote:

Hey guys I am new here to the forum and I will make this question concise.

So I have noticed that when I conqueror a hostile city from an enemy, sometimes some of their buildings will remain (including airports, arms industry, army bases) at various degrees of level and condition. Sometimes I will bomb a city before takeover, or send in ground forces without bombing and I have not been able to identify a pattern to when certain buildings will remain. Can somebody shed some light on this, or your experience in being able to recover enemy buildings and having the option to repair them instead of having to build them yourself... Let me know!
      1. When you bomb an UNFORTRESSED city - look in your aircraft's information window. In the Combat Properties section, you should see the 'structural damage' the damage that this unit will deal on each attack. Add up the damage properties for each aircraft in your stack (if you have multiple of the same unit, they will still give the same attack value). The total you get is how many hit points will be taken from the buildings in that city. Keep in mind that how these hit points are dispersed is totally random - there is no way to foresee which buildings will take the most damage. On each attack, however, the hit points will be dispersed differently, meaning that a building that took lots of damage in the first attack will not necessarily take the same amount of damage in the second attack, and so on.

struc-dam.JPG

2. When you capture an UNFORTRESSED city - The same principles in point 1 apply, however now you're dealing with land units, you'll only be inflicting damage on the city once, so whatever state the buildings are in when you take possession of the city is the state that they will remain in (unless either insurgents spawn or the city is attacked in any other way). Also note that the 20% random factor comes into play, meaning your attack will not be exactly the amount of the added damage values. For example, if my stack's added damage value is 100, the total damage I inflict on the city can range anywhere from 80 to 120.

3. When you bomb/capture a FORTRESSED city - The same applies from points 1 and 2, except that you need to take the total defense percentage values and take them away from your total damage value. For example, if my stack that deals 100 structure damage is conquering a city with a 40% defense modifier, then my damage value goes down to 60. Also, don't forget about the 20% random modifier!
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Its so inconsistent too. Like i just took a city that had 7/10 Airbase 1...came in with 1 inf unit that think deals .1 Building damage and somehow went down to 1/10?? Airbases all I care about and Demo any other remaining buildings.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Its so inconsistent too. Like i just took a city that had 7/10 Airbase 1...came in with 1 inf unit that think deals .1 Building damage and somehow went down to 1/10?? Airbases all I care about and Demo any other remaining buildings.
      So I guess there's a little bit of random chance with it then? I've noticed some inconsistencies myself.
      CDR Crimson

Join Our Discord !