Building Upgrades and Base Rate’s

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Building Upgrades and Base Rate’s

So your Capital let’s say generates 2000 of a market good. When you do an upgrade like arms industry (and level one increases production 10%) so now we are at 2200 daily generated.

So the question comes here:
      When I go to upgrade to arms level two, and it says increases production 20%. Is it 20% of the base rate which was 2,000- or is it the cumulative number (which makes a huge difference) of 2200?

So basically do the building upgrades stack onto the newly obtained production rate daily or is everything based off the original production rate you start with?

also does the same apply for other building perks besides production rate like say morale increase?

Let me know thanks.
      CDR Crimson
      Founder of The Militia Collective

Training and Screening Hub, New Players or Existing: Come Find your perfect Alliance here!

Join Our Discord !
    • To me anything over Arms Industry 1 juice not worth the squeeze. You need arms industry to produce real units but that extra 10 pct takes like 10 days to recoup costs and many buildings such as Airbase 2 actually boost 10 pct; Navy 2 - 5 pct too and has function to use/build planes.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Pale Rider ().

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

To me anything over Arms Industry 1 juice not worth the squeeze. You need arms industry to produce real units but that extra 10 pct takes like 10 days to recoup costs and many buildings such as Airbase 2 actually boost 10 pct too and has function to use/build planes.
      Okay but then the game is fundamentally flawed if the one building meant to increase your production is too expensive to do so. How many days do you think it takes to recover the costs? How could you ever support anything by not having level 5 arms? I already run out of supplies with max arms every city on day 40 when I have had plenty of time to recoup...

The only way I see it not being worth it is if you're finishing games in 21 days -30 days and I prefer a minimum of 30 days.

I'd love to hear more opinions on this.

Also what's pct?
      CDR Crimson

Training and Screening Hub, New Players or Existing: Come Find your perfect Alliance here!

Join Our Discord !
    • CDRCrimson42 wrote:

Okay but then the game is fundamentally flawed if the one building meant to increase your production is too expensive to do so.
      Arms Industries do pay for themselves eventually, but they also have a large up-front resources-cost and a large opportunity-cost.

It could be that the game is flawed

Or it could be that players' expectations are flawed (for a variety of reasons)

Or it could be that the game has features that are useful for both long-game and short-game strategies, and other styles.

The universe doesn't have a rule that players should just sit down and immediately understand all the nuances of games like CoN.

Dorado profits might rise or fall depending on how simple CoN's rules are, or how much CoN resembles other games, but declaring CoN fundamentally flawed seems a bit much
    • KFGauss wrote:

but declaring CoN fundamentally flawed seems a bit much
      Let me clarify-

I'm not saying the game is fundamentally flawed. But why would the Arms Industry Building exist at all if using it doesn't elicit the very result it claims to bring about?

IF that is true, then yes the game is fundamentally flawed because the entire game RUNS on economy. So if the one building intended to power your war machine isn't effective, then how can you trust any stat the game gives you? That's like building AA units and they actually fire only at naval units. Would you not as well agree that if a primary function of a building or unit doesn't work as advertised, that it is ANYTHING but flawed?

I totally agree with the variety of reasons you listed. I agree there is no one strategy or playstyle. However every playstyle to exist in this game and every single game mode runs off economy. Again IF Arms Industry isn't worth the price, then the game is fundamentally flawed because of it, and my point stands.

I actually believe that Max Arms is enough, but Buckeyechamp brought up a valid point.
      CDR Crimson

Join Our Discord !
    • I just don't see how you could sustain any game without a strong economy to start it. Unless you're going for the fastest wins possible using very little unit types. But that seems rushed and way less fun, but to each their own.

Honestly in any public game I judge a players skill on their ability to be smart enough to build arms industries, NB T2 at least.

That being said if I saw a bunch of airports and upgraded airbases I would be expecting a rushed attack.
      CDR Crimson

Join Our Discord !
    • how much resources and time spent on getting 5 cities to arms #5. I generally start with bottom third of economies and by day 10 at latest in top 3 via conquest. if could build planes and ships without Arms ind I wouldn't build any.

And yes goal is to win as fast as possible. How is sitting building 5 levels of a building and waiting > 30 days fun?

Flashpoint should take 14 - 20 days
      USA map 20 - 25 days (small map but a ton of "countries" in concentrated area.
      Just won Rising Tides map solo w 4200 vps in 27 days (if get the right victory sites) but milage may vary greater with domes / victory sites.
      World maps anywhere from 35 - 45 days. Tough games may go 60.
      Not sure what happenned to Mideast or Oil and gas maps but those are 21 - 25 days typically.

So instead of waiting 10 days to wait for economy I go out and earn it / take it. How many more Researches; Builds; mobilizations are you not doing. in current USA map started 31st / 32nd economies with 5 cities; 6 days later Im on par with 7 city economies and only have arms 1 in 3 cities.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

How is sitting building 5 levels of a building and waiting > 30 days fun?
      Because the games are empty. I join a game and que infantry and level 5 arms is queued.

Why do you assume I sit around and just wait? I play games that already have the economy and units I need and want. I don't touch the new game until day 4-5. Now my production rate would smash a player who is just rushing, and because the games are dead I've lost nothing, not even time.

How is it fun rushing when you can't even enjoy the units you've spent researching and developing. Just to start over and do the same thing again... (is how I see it)

Again I'm not knocking your method but yours is for quick wins only, I prefer a long drawn out game where victory is hard fought for, not just yet another victory, same as the last 100.

This goes into what KF said about there's different play types and honestly I love the diversity.

All the research isn't even available by the time you're finishing games.

What units and tier are you using to win games quickly?
      CDR Crimson

Join Our Discord !