Which Doctrine Type is Superior?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• because terrain is everywhere and of course put arty in mtns vs jungle.. but thats a net 50 pct gain moving 1 or 2 prov. docterine marginal a day or 2.. heck the 20 pct srike bonus might make me look. but europe n general gets most boosts. boosts are every day. +/- a research is 1 day.

but unless a free arty .. not issue but do look at navy terrain but more speed or healing.

pro tip: If in not huge urgency to get a damaged ships from point a to b... plot through shallow water. say takes 24 hr vs 18 hrs ... but heals whole trip while getting you in right position. btw always check best routes on navy as engine is terrible on routes.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

Lol, I'm not sure why people are so reluctant to consider Doctrine
      I feel like it's because most people are lazy, and granted there are a lot of aspects to the game to understand, but the doctrine factorization seems to slip through the cracks because of this.
      CDR Crimson
      Founder of The Militia Collective

Training and Screening Hub, New Players or Existing: Come Find your perfect Alliance here!

Join Our Discord !
    • because like 1 pct diff tops. no one ever won a game because a docterine. so day 60 you might be up 1 day on research of 1 type of unit??
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Pale Rider ().

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

but heals whole trip while getting you in right position.
      I thought you only healed while in costal waters of your own territory?
      Or you just mean if you're traveling in your territory go costal instead of deep ocean?
      CDR Crimson

Training and Screening Hub, New Players or Existing: Come Find your perfect Alliance here!

Join Our Discord !
    • KFGauss wrote:

CDRCrimson42 wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

because like 1 pct diff tops. no one ever won a game because a docterine. so day 60 you might be up 1 day on research of 1 type of unit??
      What is pct? Point?
      "pct" = "percent"
      Thank you. Lightbulb moment
      CDR Crimson

Join Our Discord !
    • KFGauss wrote:

CDRCrimson42 wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

but heals whole trip while getting you in right position.
      I thought you only healed while in costal waters of your own territory?Or you just mean if you're traveling in your territory go costal instead of deep ocean?
      No one owns any water.All coastal water, and no coastal water, "belongs" to you.
      I could've swore I read somewhere it was only your water.
      I mean it kinda would make more sense seeing as anything along your coast, (even water), does in fact belong to a country IRL.

But hey, I won't complain about a neat trick to heal my Navy.
      CDR Crimson

Join Our Discord !
    • CDRCrimson42 wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

CDRCrimson42 wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

because like 1 pct diff tops. no one ever won a game because a docterine. so day 60 you might be up 1 day on research of 1 type of unit??
      What is pct? Point?
      "pct" = "percent"
      Thank you. Lightbulb moment
      was seeing how long it took you to google before asking same question 10 times ;) like context alone should tell you.. increases 10 pct or =/- x pct

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Pale Rider ().

• So you ignore my question for your own amusement. Smooth move.

Context? I just didn't think anybody would be silly enough to attempt to save time by abbreviating percent to pct when there's already a symbol for it.

There's your lightbulb moment.

And now we have both used more time discussing this than either of us ever would save by cutting a couple letters.
      CDR Crimson

Join Our Discord !
    • CDRCrimson42 wrote:

So you ignore my question for your own amusement. Smooth move.

Context? I just didn't think anybody would be silly enough to attempt to save time by abbreviating percent to pct when there's already a symbol for it.

And now we have both used more time discussing this than either of us ever would save by cutting a couple letters.
      well when typing words ... 3 letters faster than shift 5 (had to look). you even typed percent instead of %.

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

CDRCrimson42 wrote:

So you ignore my question for your own amusement. Smooth move.

well when typing words ... 3 letters faster than shift 5 (had to look). you even typed percent instead of %.
      Two keystrokes with percent vs. three with pct.
      Again all the time you're "saving" is negated by having to ever explain it.
      I type it out because I don't mind being formal... I'm not concerned with the mere milliseconds more that it takes to get my point across clearly.
      CDR Crimson

Join Our Discord !
    • (In response to people's disregard for Doctrine) :

[shrug] Play how you like. Do what works for you and what you enjoy. If you feel like it "doesn't make a difference" in your 60-Day game, then feel free to ignore it. Personally, I can't remember the last time I played a game that saw Day 40 and that wasn't essentially decided by Day 25. Western Doctrine Motor Infantry (most widely used unit) doesn't get the Level 6 upgrade until Day 24 and doesn't get the Level 7 upgrade until Day 28, both four days later than Eastern does.

Unit upgrade differences like that plus the various damage, speed, hp, etc. bonuses make it feel worth it to me to pay attention to Doctrine. If it doesn't feel worth it for you, then I guess we just have different ideas of "worth it". To me, 20% - 25% damage bonus/penalty is too much (for me) to just completely ignore.
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

(In response to people's disregard for Doctrine) :

[shrug] Play how you like. Do what works for you and what you enjoy. If you feel like it "doesn't make a difference" in your 60-Day game, then feel free to ignore it. Personally, I can't remember the last time I played a game that saw Day 40 and that wasn't essentially decided by Day 25. Western Doctrine Motor Infantry (most widely used unit) doesn't get the Level 6 upgrade until Day 24 and doesn't get the Level 7 upgrade until Day 28, both four days later than Eastern does.

Unit upgrade differences like that plus the various damage, speed, hp, etc. bonuses make it feel worth it to me to pay attention to Doctrine. If it doesn't feel worth it for you, then I guess we just have different ideas of "worth it". To me, 20% - 25% damage bonus/penalty is too much (for me) to just completely ignore.
      For me, the issue is that melee combat is generally to be avoided. With the general exception of Gunships, Mobile Artillery, ASF, Sam Launchers, Special Forces, etc, the majority of units that receive boosts and nerfs are just not utilized by me that often.

Other circumstances such as overall flexibility, geography, potential enemies, compatibility with allies, etc, are just far more imperative and outweigh any minor alterations to units that I would use regardless or units that are infrequently used. The doctrinal advantages are generally treated as pleasant/unpleasant circumstances but certainly are not the basis of my OOB.
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • Anna Jija wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

You guys are starting to encroach on my territory - This is my week to deliver lectures. :whistling:
      I think they like you :love:
      HAVNT BEEN IN MORE THAN 1 HR MELE IN 15 GAMES... LIKE You avoid.. sometimes worth before a day if can get city before midnight with not much loss.