Morale and Bunkers Mechanics

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Morale and Bunkers Mechanics

So let's say you have a city with 75% morale and you decided to build a bunker T1 to increase by 5%
      Then you do something that causes the morale of the city to drop to 60%
      If I upgrade to T2 bunker and it increases by 10%, is this off the base rate, or the new lowered rate of 60%
      If it's off the 60% then wouldn't it be counterproductive to build bunkers before a war or being attacked?
      If you have a T5 bunker it increases by like 50% but what if I upgraded to that level during a higher morale period and now it is lower? Doesn't that mean my city will never rise to 100 again just because I built the bunkers too early? (Before the morale was lowered)
      CDR Crimson
      Founder of The Militia Collective

Training and Screening Hub, New Players or Existing: Come Find your perfect Alliance here!

Join Our Discord !
    • CDRCrimson42 wrote:

LastLiving wrote:

so now the morale is 65%.
      Wouldn't it be 70% by this logic?
      So basically don't build them until after you need them? (If we are strictly talking about morale, not risk of attack.)
      Imagine you build the two bunkers at the end of the story.
      • Start = 75%
      • Morale Drop of 20 percentage points (not 20% of 75%) down to 55%
      • First bunker adds 5 percentage points (not 5% of 55%) takes you up to 60%
      • Second bunker adds another 5 percentage points and takes you up 65%.

When the game or people say(s) the second bunker's result is a +10, they mean that it's an additional +5, on top of the earlier +5 from the first bunker that you had to build before you could build the second bunker.

For Morale changes you also have to keep in mind the differences (at individual locations and across all locations) between modifying your morale's target value (that it will move toward over time), and your morale's current value.

The descriptions are confusing for many people (me, for one) because the descriptions don't explicitly distinguish between cumulative values (+10 for second bunker) and incremental values (second bunker is +5 on top of an earlier +5), and they don't explicitly identify what the percentages are "of" (% of the original value, or % of the current value), but once you break the code(s), you can deal with them.

In my copious spare time I may create a cheat sheet for myself some day.
    • KFGauss wrote:

CDRCrimson42 wrote:

LastLiving wrote:

so now the morale is 65%.
      Wouldn't it be 70% by this logic?So basically don't build them until after you need them? (If we are strictly talking about morale, not risk of attack.)
      Imagine you build the two bunkers at the end of the story.
      • Start = 75%
      • Morale Drop of 20 percentage points (not 20% of 75%) down to 55%
      • First bunker adds 5 percentage points (not 5% of 55%) takes you up to 60%
      • Second bunker adds another 5 percentage points and takes you up 65%.

When the game or people say(s) the second bunker's result is a +10, they mean that it's an additional +5, on top of the earlier +5 from the first bunker that you had to build before you could build the second bunker.

For Morale changes you also have to keep in mind the differences (at individual locations and across all locations) between modifying your morale's target value (that it will move toward over time), and your morale's current value.

The descriptions are confusing for many people (me, for one) because the descriptions don't explicitly distinguish between cumulative values (+10 for second bunker) and incremental values (second bunker is +5 on top of an earlier +5), and they don't explicitly identify what the percentages are "of" (% of the original value, or % of the current value), but once you break the code(s), you can deal with them.

In my copious spare time I may create a cheat sheet for myself some day.
      I think that pretty much sums it up
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Bunkers do not care about your current morale, they increase the maximum morale a city can reach, countering all negative morale effects and the fact that cities do not have 100% as target morale from the start, if I recall correctly

How ever no bunker can push the morale beyond 100% anyhow
      correct
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija