Fuel Shortage-

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Fuel Shortage-

So I've been having a new problem lately where I simply can't produce enough fuel, and I go negative by 1000 units a day even while producing like 5000-6000 daily.
      I fully max my arms industry, I haven't been in massive conflicts, yet still always short.
      I use max level INFANTRY, Strike Fighters, and only a couple AFV's.
      Would having 35 max INF make you negative?
      Why does the game punish you for growing a large army?
      CDR Crimson
      Founder of The Militia Collective

Training and Screening Hub, New Players or Existing: Come Find your perfect Alliance here!

Join Our Discord !
    • Dewey56 wrote:

Well I think that 35 max level infantry would only cost 1500 a day and if you are producing 6000 daily it might be some of your other units that are causing the negative
      does fuel get burned when you move troops?
      CDR Crimson

Training and Screening Hub, New Players or Existing: Come Find your perfect Alliance here!

Join Our Discord !
    • CDRCrimson42 wrote:

Dewey56 wrote:

Well I think that 35 max level infantry would only cost 1500 a day and if you are producing 6000 daily it might be some of your other units that are causing the negative
      No.

You should be able to easily compute your daily Fuel consumption by looking at the Maintenance costs for your units (top right of unit description window in PC browser) and doing the arithmetic. I forget if buildings have maintenance costs too.

At each fuel producing city you should be able to quickly see your outputs.

If they seem low look at their morale subtractions, then look at any building effects.

Remember that low population --> Low production, no matter what buildings are present.

If something seems amiss in your cities, Playbabe has a spreadsheet "calculator" for city resource production that's imperfect, but close. Ask for a link to that and use it.
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Did you build arms industries? Need them to up production
      Did you do any of the following 1.Bomb cities 2.Bombard cities from navy 3.Missile strike cities 4.Use gas 5.use nukes
      If you do any of the first 3, it reduces morale, even more if there are no units in the cities and you are just killing civilians (reducing population)
      and the last 2 are big morale drops. Drop your morale low enough and try to field a huge army at the same time and your fuel production will go negative.
      Lay off the bombing and nuking and killing civilians for a while (and it might be a long while) and it should go up
      I found this GEM so I’m gonna leave this here.
      CDR Crimson

Join Our Discord !
    • KFGauss wrote:

CDRCrimson42 wrote:

Dewey56 wrote:

No.
      You should be able to easily compute your daily Fuel consumption by looking at the Maintenance costs for your units (top right of unit description window in PC browser) and doing the arithmetic. I forget if buildings have maintenance costs too.

At each fuel producing city you should be able to quickly see your outputs.

If they seem low look at their morale subtractions, then look at any building effects.

Remember that low population --> Low production, no matter what buildings are present.

If something seems amiss in your cities, Playbabe has a spreadsheet "calculator" for city resource production that's imperfect, but close. Ask for a link to that and use it.
      solid advice KF I’m gonna add it all up and see. Thanks.
      CDR Crimson

Join Our Discord !
    • Troops do not use fuel while moving, they use fuel as upkeep.

Mass producing troops while not expanding further, might have negative impact on your economy therefore.

You can always check your production:
      fuel.jpg

units like infantry are easily spamed and therefore can easily wreck your economy

This can also affect manpower, supply, components and electronics

The game does not punish you for having a big army, but for disregarding your economy as it should
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Troops do not use fuel while moving, they use fuel as upkeep.

Mass producing troops while not expanding further, might have negative impact on your economy therefore.

You can always check your production:
      fuel.jpg

units like infantry are easily spamed and therefore can easily wreck your economy

This can also affect manpower, supply, components and electronics

The game does not punish you for having a big army, but for disregarding your economy as it should
      This is helpful thanks. :thumbsup:
      CDR Crimson

Join Our Discord !
    • Dewey56 wrote:

I think what happened was I dipped my morale way too low by bombing cities and causing high civilian casualties- unaware of that metric until now.

But you're right about that math, so it must be the morale factor.
      CDR Crimson

Join Our Discord !
    • CDRCrimson42 wrote:

Dewey56 wrote:

I think what happened was I dipped my morale way too low by bombing cities and causing high civilian casualties- unaware of that metric until now.
      But you're right about that math, so it must be the morale factor.
      Production already considers the reducing effect of low morale

Causing high civilian casualties is something that lowers morale over time

Are you sure you are producing 5-6k per day?

My 77 units only cost me about 2k per day and my daily production is also 6k per day as the SS shows

so I would really wonder how you would have troops that cost you 6-7k per day

Infantry are anyway more of the cheaper units in regards of fuel upkeep, air units about 50% more costly
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

I usually have so much fuel i feel like a gas station. sell it dirt cheap to buy other resources.
      In previous games this has been the case for me as well. Not this time, I am dependent on Russian and Chinese Fuel in my game currently just to make ends meet.

I figured out what sent me negative but man does it take a while to recover, even in 4x.
      CDR Crimson

Join Our Discord !