Best Country To Play as, Let's Hear It (WW3)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Im On Smoko wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

Im On Smoko wrote:

I heard Kazakhstan is a popular country to play as in WWIII if you do not play navy. There are a handful of AI countries to take over and it is isolated to a degree.
      I am currently in a WW3 game as Kazakhstan - have some extra resources because I didn't research navy, now I can get in an extra level on support units :D
      When R&B first came out; game I joined would only allow auto select and I got Kaz, which if a tanker a good country. But as a Navy guy I was like "Nooooooo" as felt like fighting a boxing match with 1 arm missing ;-(. especially in RvB Asia is 95 pct red so no one to fight.

bobqz wrote:

Buck, I like navy too. I feel like a duck out of water once I land my units . I really feel lost on land.
      Yeah playing with just ground and air units is so one dimensional to me. Just not as fun.
      Besides, I get a rise out of finding the blue or green dot in the ocean. Ooo ooo a blue dot, lets see what it is. Can I blow it up?

I also like researching the naval officer.

Captain Harpoon must make his presence known.
      Don't be silly, his name is ... THE KRAKEN
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Im On Smoko wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

Im On Smoko wrote:

I heard Kazakhstan is a popular country to play as in WWIII if you do not play navy. There are a handful of AI countries to take over and it is isolated to a degree.
      I am currently in a WW3 game as Kazakhstan - have some extra resources because I didn't research navy, now I can get in an extra level on support units :D
      When R&B first came out; game I joined would only allow auto select and I got Kaz, which if a tanker a good country. But as a Navy guy I was like "Nooooooo" as felt like fighting a boxing match with 1 arm missing ;-(. especially in RvB Asia is 95 pct red so no one to fight.

bobqz wrote:

Buck, I like navy too. I feel like a duck out of water once I land my units . I really feel lost on land.
      Yeah playing with just ground and air units is so one dimensional to me. Just not as fun.Besides, I get a rise out of finding the blue or green dot in the ocean. Ooo ooo a blue dot, lets see what it is. Can I blow it up?

DoD, such insults.

Captain Harpoon is a national treasure of my country. Before he went into the navy, he had an illustrious adult film career, which he sacrificed to serve our mother land fighting far from home in the oceans abroad. And he could act, unlike Ronald Reagan.

Some of his most noted films include:
      Argh Thar She Blows,
      Slippery Eel & Slippery Eel Part II
      Who's Got Cr4bs?, &
      Free Willy

Edit: Censored word cr(a)bs
    • Im On Smoko wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Im On Smoko wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

Im On Smoko wrote:

bobqz wrote:

Yeah playing with just ground and air units is so one dimensional to me. Just not as fun.Besides, I get a rise out of finding the blue or green dot in the ocean. Ooo ooo a blue dot, lets see what it is. Can I blow it up?

DoD, such insults.
      Captain Harpoon is a national treasure of my country. Before he went into the navy, he had an illustrious adult film career, which he sacrificed to serve our mother land fighting far from home in the oceans abroad. And he could act, unlike Ronald Reagan.

Some of his most noted films include:
      Argh Thar She Blows,
      Slippery Eel & Slippery Eel Part II
      Who's Got Cr4bs?, &
      Free Willy

Edit: Censored word cr(a)bs
      There are literally NO insults in my reply.

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• I am going to say Spain. You are in Europe, but out of the significant "brawl". It fits my naval needs and is an excellent country to start with. Either Portigal or Morroco are great places to start. Has long as you make an early alliance with France, Spain's only border (Becides U.K. Gibilartar) you will be fine.
      This We'll Defend” - U.S. Army :thumbsup:
    • Best country imho is probably either Japan or UK depending on your preferred doctrine;
      Relativly compact nations that can dominate their continents and the oceans with large navies.
      My favourite one to play is Kazachstan though; nothing melts people's brains more then getting their stuff sunk by Kazach subs xd
      I've also had a few opponents roll over and give up when they realised the sheer distance they would have to cross to get to my core...
      Also, and I don't know if this is still the case, but I always seem to get one supply and one components resource spawn somewhere in Kazach, and I'm ussually top five eco starting early on.
      It's been a while since I played KZ though, so I don't know if this is still the case (I quickly checked my maps, and tho I didn't see a double spawn, I saw components in KZ every time)
    • Halv0r wrote:

My favourite one to play is Kazachstan though
      Yeah, that is an interesting case - smack in the Russia-India-China triangle. 3 big countries that are really hard to play well, despite their popularity among clue-deficient players.
      Regarding its resource provinces, in my current WW3 game (which is in "beginner mode", whatever that means) it too got
      one supplies and one components, plus one fuel too.

Note that Mongolia is in somewhat similar situation, sandwiched between Russia and China. I do not know the resource provinces probability, but in the particular game I mentioned above it got the same 3 ones as Kazakhstan!

On the other hand, I have yet to see UK dominate Europe when there are competent players on the continent.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zozo001 ().

• Honestly, that is true. The U.K. has never dominated on the global stage, because it usually gets squashed by Spain or France. I have been enjoying South Africa lately. It has good resource production and it is in a safe spot at the bottom of Africa. I have also seen experienced players win with Chad a lot though.
      This We'll Defend” - U.S. Army :thumbsup:
    • FarmerJG wrote:

Honestly, that is true. The U.K. has never dominated on the global stage, because it usually gets squashed by Spain or France. I have been enjoying South Africa lately. It has good resource production and it is in a safe spot at the bottom of Africa. I have also seen experienced players win with Chad a lot though.
      I "liked" your post due to the SA comments, to hell with that "Chad" shit tho.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Zozo001 wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

to hell with that "Chad" shit tho
      Chad is an excellent country to play
      As a naval-oriented player, I don't choose landlocked countries like Chad.

If they gave South Africa a 6th (supplies) city, I would pick it more often.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Zozo001 wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

to hell with that "Chad" shit tho
      Chad is an excellent country to play
      Not in my world. It's among the worst, no ports.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• I played as Canada recently.

It has Six cities, two of witch are supplies.
      Canada uses the European doctrine, relatively isolated and many mountain territories on the western side of the country.
      The port cities on the east coast are easy to defend versus a naval attack by picketing The Bay of St. Lawrence with naval units and patrolling with air force.

However I do patrol the ocean north of Canada to make sure nothing is sneaking around up there, especially boomer subs later on in the games or naval infantry, which is a pain in the ass.

Edit: If you play Canada, I suggest definitely building a navy and also NPAs
    • Zozo001 wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Not in my world. It's among the worst, no ports.
      Makes it the best, in my world ;-(.
      Navalophobe!
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• I just like the challenge of naval conquest from annexed ports.
      :)
      Picture the head scratching of vanquished commanders who have once proudly developed homeland shipyards.
      I find that priceless.

Note that from a ground based African empire you can win the game by conquering Europe and some of Asia, usually. As a bonus, Americans with diminished sense of danger often fell for it, too.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zozo001 ().

• Zozo001 wrote:

I just like the challenge of naval conquest from annexed ports.:-)
      Picture the head scratching of vanquished commanders who have once proudly developed homeland shipyards.
      I find that priceless.

Note that from a ground based African empire you can win the game by conquering Europe and some of Asia, usually. As a bonus, Americans with diminished sense of danger often fell for it, too.
      The KING of CoN News!!!