Best Country To Play as, Let's Hear It (WW3)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 1)Too many port city is very hard to Defend.
      2)Focus on navy from the begin means expansion on land goes slow for 1st few days
      3) Naval war depends on Hit n Run/ Trick shot. you sleep and you are dead.
      4)Distance from other nation makes Japan more slow to reinforce the battlefield means again slow Expansion.

Moral of the story: It's not easy to balance the Expansion and Economy when aiming for a standing big navy.

But now there are 2 more new island near japan ( this might help a bit)
      Have fun, nothing personal.
    • I'm agreeing with Im On Smoko here, India is a pretty good country to start. 8 cities, not too many port cities, good terrain, and many ways to expand. You don't really run out of cities to conquer, as you got China, Southeast Asia, Middle East, and Central Asia. The only real problem I would see is if Pakistan and Myanmar are competent and join a coalition together. Can't really go naval as only 2 naval cities
      All Shall Eventually Fall
    • Im On Smoko wrote:

I heard Kazakhstan is a popular country to play as in WWIII if you do not play navy. There are a handful of AI countries to take over and it is isolated to a degree.
      more concerned about sandwiched between 2 equal countries. It makes more sense for Norway and Finland to double team Sweden vs either joining with.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

TheShinwacker wrote:

Sweden 7 cities and easy and quite take over of Norway and Finland.
      Ehhhhh, I hate coastal capitals
      You can always move the capitol, takes a lot of manpower but you can. And no one is really focused on you, Finland usually is worrying about russia, everyone in Europe is worrying about there neighbors and Norway is worried about the UK and you are taking them over before they know it. Then you can move your capitol. I have played as sweden, and won. I never moved the capitol, because I didn't need to worry, I had it well defended, and me and my coalition quickly took Europe who was busy with Africa.
      "The greatest battles are never won by men but with words"-Me

"Free flies and no work"-ME

"Duty is heavier than a mountain death as light as a feather" Lan from the Wheel of Time

• Teburu wrote:

Mr_Mp5 wrote:

The only good answer is the country with the most starting cities, which is, Germany.
      Germany is the best starting country because it has the most starting cities...
      Any country is good mid-late game, but at the first moment of the map, Germany having the most cities puts it at #1.
      It's sad how Germany is taken by quitters so often. It really is a strong country, that is lost to bad players too often.
      You are in fact wrong, Germany doesn’t have the most cities. That would be Russia/China/USA.
      The amount of Homeland Cities is actually fairly irrelevant early on an matters more mid-late game. It matters significantly more what you make of the initial resources given (Im not sure but i think starting res are the same for everyone?) than resource income.
      Frankly for public matches which country you chose is almost irrelevant anyway because individual skill matters infinitely more.
      Not quite, depends on the starting population level of the cities - and in most maps resource-producing rurals are randomized.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Im On Smoko wrote:

TheShinwacker wrote:

Is Sweden a European doctrine country?
      Also, what are the starting resources you get with the 7 cities?
      Yes EU Doct. and 2 Sup city, 2 Compo city. 1 orange juice city, 1 tronics city and 1 fuel city. 6 city out of 7 are port city. only 1 is land lock. Capital is on tronics city which is also a port city. (Stockholm)
      Have fun, nothing personal.
    • booombooom wrote:

Im On Smoko wrote:

TheShinwacker wrote:

Is Sweden a European doctrine country?Also, what are the starting resources you get with the 7 cities?
      Yes EU Doct. and 2 Sup city, 2 Compo city. 1 orange juice city, 1 tronics city and 1 fuel city. 6 city out of 7 are port city. only 1 is land lock. Capital is on tronics city which is also a port city. (Stockholm)
      Hmmm,

I want to play a FP game with an EU doctrine and a decent amount of cities to start where I am not right in the European main area land mass so to speak.

I was thinking the UK. But I only counted 6 cities, where two are components.

Now I am thinking Sweden. @boomboom Thanks for the information.

Edit: Also Thanks to @TheShinwacker, although wacking shins is almost as bad as a blast to the balls.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Im On Smoko ().

• Im On Smoko wrote:

I heard Kazakhstan is a popular country to play as in WWIII if you do not play navy. There are a handful of AI countries to take over and it is isolated to a degree.
      I am currently in a WW3 game as Kazakhstan - have some extra resources because I didn't research navy, now I can get in an extra level on support units :D
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Tifo_14 wrote:

Im On Smoko wrote:

I am currently in a WW3 game as Kazakhstan - have some extra resources because I didn't research navy, now I can get in an extra level on support units :D
      When R&B first came out; game I joined would only allow auto select and I got Kaz, which if a tanker a good country. But as a Navy guy I was like "Nooooooo" as felt like fighting a boxing match with 1 arm missing ;-(. especially in RvB Asia is 95 pct red so no one to fight.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

Im On Smoko wrote:

When R&B first came out; game I joined would only allow auto select and I got Kaz, which if a tanker a good country. But as a Navy guy I was like "Nooooooo" as felt like fighting a boxing match with 1 arm missing ;-(. especially in RvB Asia is 95 pct red so no one to fight.

bobqz wrote:

Buck, I like navy too. I feel like a duck out of water once I land my units . I really feel lost on land.
      Yeah playing with just ground and air units is so one dimensional to me. Just not as fun.

Besides, I get a rise out of finding the blue or green dot in the ocean. Ooo ooo a blue dot, lets see what it is. Can I blow it up?

I also like researching the naval officer.

Captain Harpoon must make his presence known.