Best Country To Play as, Let's Hear It (WW3)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• KFGauss wrote:

Zozo001 wrote:

booombooom wrote:

What? ppl still posting on this? :O
      The Mother of All Zombie Threads
      Better to have one zombie thread that keeps the bouncing rubble in one place, than to have one each month or week.
      If what's written in one isn't useful, what would be written in 50 wouldn't be any more useful.
      Well good thing you don’t run this forum KF. God forbid this place would turn into the most boring forum ever where nobody ever adds new ideas about the same topic without undusting some 100 year old thread, and certainly nobody would ever actually answer the questions. Everybody would just talk about how we need to read old threads. It would be truly terrible.
    • Tifo_14 wrote:

The thing about island nations is that you have to defend your island(s) at all costs. That means you need to keep some sort of defense, whether it be ships, subs, NPA, or whatever else, in your core area. And if they are in your core area, they can’t be on the frontlines.
      I personally like Saudi Arabia the best, it’s centrally located where you never have to travel too far around the map, everyone around you is smaller in the beginning. You can easily take over the suaz canal cutting off supply routes and preventing planes from Africa if you have frigates in there. Saudi Arabia is also western doctrine which I love because you get bonus stats on ASF.
    • MattBooth25 wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Zozo001 wrote:

booombooom wrote:

What? ppl still posting on this? :O
      The Mother of All Zombie Threads
      Better to have one zombie thread that keeps the bouncing rubble in one place, than to have one each month or week.If what's written in one isn't useful, what would be written in 50 wouldn't be any more useful.
      Well good thing you don’t run this forum KF. God forbid this place would turn into the most boring forum ever where nobody ever adds new ideas about the same topic without undusting some 100 year old thread, and certainly nobody would ever actually answer the questions. Everybody would just talk about how we need to read old threads. It would be truly terrible.
      Do I really need to explain to you the obvious holes in your logic?

Otherwise, I'll get by.
    • KFGauss may be old fashioned in his approach of how forums operate ( "Search before you post, dummy" ), but this doctrine is how forum went to exist and thrive throughout more a decade before the appearance of massive social tools like Discord/Whatsapp, etc.

I have a medium approach : You can post about an already existing topic if your new topic takes into account your reading of the old ones. Without this very simple methodology, most of the forum topics would simply be endlessly iterative of the exact same questions.

This led to the demise of many old forums in the past : The first 10 times someone asks how to build missile warheads, people answer. The 10 following times, the veterans don't bother anymore, and only people with approximate knowledge (or even wrong answers) participate in the talk. The 20+ following times, nobody bothers anymore and the guy shouts in the desert, before leaving. The amusing part is that at all points in this process, the individual would have had his answer, had he... searched.

I prefer one denecroed thread than 50 with partial informations
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Instead of accepting the invitation to a flame war, and instead of participating in a flame war by walking through a point-by-point rebuttal of the three posts above, . . .

I'll acknowledge @Opulon's accurate advice to us all, including his gentle description of the difference between these two items
      • New posts/threads that are new only because they are more recent than previous posts/threads, and
      • New posts that are new because they contain something different from what's in previous posts/threads.

The post was edited 5 times, last by KFGauss ().

• Opulon wrote:

You can post about an already existing topic if your new topic takes into account your reading of the old ones. Without this very simple methodology, most of the forum topics would simply be endlessly iterative of the exact same questions.

This led to the demise of many old forums in the past
      Speaking with experience from both the old Internet (pre-social media, and even before Web1) and the new one, this seems like a general phenomenon for most non-CON forums as well. When non-quality answers, and repeated trivial questions overtake the bulk of discussion, they usually fall into unrecoverable decline.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player
    • MattBooth25 wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

The thing about island nations is that you have to defend your island(s) at all costs. That means you need to keep some sort of defense, whether it be ships, subs, NPA, or whatever else, in your core area. And if they are in your core area, they can’t be on the frontlines.
      I personally like Saudi Arabia the best, it’s centrally located where you never have to travel too far around the map, everyone around you is smaller in the beginning. You can easily take over the suaz canal cutting off supply routes and preventing planes from Africa if you have frigates in there. Saudi Arabia is also western doctrine which I love because you get bonus stats on ASF.
      Suadi Arabia has awful resource production. It also gets hit hard by Iraq, Syria, and Isreal early in the game.
      This We'll Defend” - U.S. Army :thumbsup:
    • MattBooth25 wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

I like that country as well!
    • im best country AUSTRALIJA becose biggest country around ... both two supply and compoment citys for high output economy ... REALISTIC OUTPUT NOT GRANTED (RARe material productin is big in austraila but only one productin place... ) new zealand has lot of close provinces and 5 city so dont have to spend on efinite arm industrjy (other contry require siphon all ingamemoneis so make cash cow for dorado ... without provide enough ingameresource for player... ) bad thing is have to worry abot naval bullshit from four side ... and all unis have to e/d for reach other island ... INDONESIJA has so many island so must have naval bullshit (subs, naval fighter, cruser, other hygopsy bullshit... ) and haevy fighter also, sizzle waste down electroince (which went from 3 to 1 site last year so make for lots of industry... )
    • JaromirJagr wrote:

im best country AUSTRALIJA becose biggest country around ... both two supply and compoment citys for high output economy ... REALISTIC OUTPUT NOT GRANTED (RARe material productin is big in austraila but only one productin place... ) new zealand has lot of close provinces and 5 city so dont have to spend on efinite arm industrjy (other contry require siphon all ingamemoneis so make cash cow for dorado ... without provide enough ingameresource for player... ) bad thing is have to worry abot naval bullshit from four side ... and all unis have to e/d for reach other island ... INDONESIJA has so many island so must have naval bullshit (subs, naval fighter, cruser, other hygopsy bullshit... ) and haevy fighter also, sizzle waste down electroince (which went from 3 to 1 site last year so make for lots of industry... )
      Are you having a seizure?

Are those supposed to be sentences?

WTF are you trying to tell me/us?
    • Mother Hen wrote:

JaromirJagr wrote:

im best country AUSTRALIJA becose biggest country around ... both two supply and compoment citys for high output economy ... REALISTIC OUTPUT NOT GRANTED (RARe material productin is big in austraila but only one productin place... ) new zealand has lot of close provinces and 5 city so dont have to spend on efinite arm industrjy (other contry require siphon all ingamemoneis so make cash cow for dorado ... without provide enough ingameresource for player... ) bad thing is have to worry abot naval bullshit from four side ... and all unis have to e/d for reach other island ... INDONESIJA has so many island so must have naval bullshit (subs, naval fighter, cruser, other hygopsy bullshit... ) and haevy fighter also, sizzle waste down electroince (which went from 3 to 1 site last year so make for lots of industry... )
      Are you having a seizure?
      Are those supposed to be sentences?

IDK man, Island nations are insanely hard to protect, for the reason that once they attack, they are essentially right on your cities. For this reason you need to have a navy on all your coastal cities which prevents you from having a larger attacking force.
    • MattBooth25 wrote:

Mother Hen wrote:

JaromirJagr wrote:

Are you having a seizure?Are those supposed to be sentences?

IDK man, Island nations are insanely hard to protect, for the reason that once they attack, they are essentially right on your cities. For this reason you need to have a navy on all your coastal cities which prevents you from having a larger attacking force.
      Thanks for translating from Jibberish to English.
    • You know every place has its advantages and disadvantages depending on what you are trying to do.
      But one of my top places is Romania for a number of reasons:

First it is very easy to defend as your cities are close which mean more troops for expanding.

Second only a few naval ports that are close together makes it easy to defend with ships

Third you are not one of the “Major” countries so you are not set as a target so you can have plenty of time to develop and avoid the main fights in Europe. Which leaves plenty of time to get a nice navy and mrl force.

I tend to like western doctrine best but with it being eastern you can get a few gunship early and they can cover you entire country plus attack easily. And as you may know expanding equals greater economy which is fairly easy.

And your economy balances out well like most places with mrl, sams, asf radar and cruisers and possibly frigates if needed.