Beginner's mistakes and how to avoid them

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Andilek7319 wrote:

so you measn diference between work on economy or army but that is strategy for medium for beginers it is about make basioc infratsruture and produce first unit mmostly if you not spend for main expansion infrastructure you show that you be weak in future if you not spend for army you be weak on start but that isnt about give advice what not make to not make mistake

sure if you not spend for lvl 1 you are mostly wrong becose it become money strugle , that many player dont know that in hand is go market like directly in 10 or 30 minutes after game start i have mostly money on zero becose invest for market but that isnt be way how advice beginer he need survivve and from look is good if he start simply oin basic infrastruture in whole point and produce unit taht is problem if you like just make armory base .. that is in mostly case not be goood way for beginers .. that playerr not be on start probably atacker .. so he not need big army for invade he need compact army for defend and work on point to not strugle in next some day that come .. but it about gameplay not do for beginers
      Arms industry level 1 is fine. I'm talking about being idle till level 5.
      ''Miseris succurrere disco''
    • if you kepp it together with produce army it not bad way for beginers you may be suprised how may wokr just keep work on industry for small nation (5 cities ) work on this without fuel city and many map give you still posibility keep recruit unit some another is like rising tides or other slow income map where yous trugle with icome and must know what and when do .. or if you be in position be sea nation is work on this good way becose mostly you need just keep defence per city ship so your ground force may go in left city where isnt be ship but all this over lvl 1 isnt be advice still for beginers how say .. they need survive not teach how win ... you dont feel where is oint this advice ... you keep put advice how be good by your way .. some anotjer is how be in game like speed map and have twice per day 5 minute to play .. and trust me without premium is still there way to be on map ( yes on slow much more chance .. but that is point to undewrstant diference mostly i thi nk that beginer many time strugle that dont know his own time management or keep some wrong experince like produce evrywhere army base is mistake wrom other similar game where this build some give ( and not be diferent in past when this army base provide some morale bonsu .. )

and all this is still advice for medium player not for beginer s .. and first he need short info like one minute read and understant what not do muchg more that read whan need do ..
    • The suggestion of CRV was my advice to new players for a variety of reasons. A new player will be impatient before they get used to the pace of the game unless they come from something very similar, so mobilizing something at 100% of their cities will give them the advantage of numbers earlier compared to most other strats and effective against what they're most likely to encounter, which is mostly infantry. Even against a couple of ASF or other units, a stack of CRV will beat them if a 5 city nation builds 10 in 2 days with larger nations obviously having more or you already taking their cities before they manage to get chance to mobilise them, as the nation they're at war with might start working on much better units, they will have 48hrs till they're mobilised. This gives the impatient newcomer the advantage. You also have larger sight range to choose which engagements to take in those 48hrs. I also mentioned earlier this wasn't applicable to island nations.

My main point, forgetting about the CRV suggestion, is expansion is more important than industries. This isn't ''my way'' or ''my opinion''.. It's a fact, you can gain more resources from initial expansion and the earlier you get ahead on that then you gain the advantage of creating more units with more resources from cities you've conquered which multiplies your advantage at a faster rate compared to others earlier on.

The objective of this guide (i assume) is for new players to not do stupid, compete and potentially win, which building units earlier will, be it more advanced ones or the CRV example. As already mentioned, it's personal preference on strat used but giving new players advice to solely work on industries will ultimately lead to them losing the match, which is giving them bad advice.
      ''Miseris succurrere disco''

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gen Vader ().

• vynical wrote:

1. Play exclusively on mobile:
        Multiple features of CoN are not accurate on mobile such as radar range, attack range, eyesight. Some of these can mean life-or-death in naval and sky battles. Stacking and moving troops is also a pain. When you try getting your troops to the center of a city/province, about 40% of the time you'd miss and have the troops just slightly off. Basically if you want to go hard, you go PC.
        Note: mobile does have one advantage over PC: looking up players' other stats (K/D, percentage of play on mobile & PC). I use mobile to scout out my neighbors, if I see a neighbor who plays 100% on mobile, well, that's my first target.
      2. Use "Attack" instead of "Patrol" for airplane (with the exception being using ASF to attack ground unit or using planes to attack cities directly to destroy buildings)
        Without diving too deep into the mechanics of Anti Air, piercing bubble and all that, the advantages of using patrol are many:
        1 - You can attack multiple target that you can see instead of just one. If the patrol range cover multiple radar signatures/targets, the plane will attack all of them, provided that their patrol feature cover that type of enemy. Air Superiority Fighters (ASF) only fight flying enemies and doesn't attack walking and swimming ones, for example. If you stack ASF and SF together, they will engage all type of targets.
        2 - You can save time, reach further targets and minimize the duration you stay within an AA bubble. If there's only one target on your radar, pun intended, instead of having to wait for the plane to go all the way to the target, just have the target touch tip with your patrol circle. This also mean a longer reach than your normal flight range.
        3 - You won't trigger the AA bubble of nearby anti-air, only AA point-defense of your target. This is a little advanced, you can find a more detailed explanation of how AA works in CoN discord or just ask Teburu for it.
        What advantage does "Attack" have over "Patrol"? just one: Once the identified target is dead, the plane will go home and rest, which helps when you send them out for the kill and go to sleep IRL because you deserve that beauty sleep sweet prince. Otherwise, Patrol would means the plane will go back to that patrolling area again, and having a patrolling plane while you're AFK and having the opponent bring their Anti-Air solutions closer is never a good idea. And I do mean identified target, if you target a city knowing that it has a target but haven't seen the radar signature or the target itself, the plane will continue to attack the city over and over even if the target is dead.
      3. Spam one type of troops (most likely inf or tanks)
        If you only have army bases in your country, it's a huge red flag that you're either taken over by a bot or just spamming infantry, which is an easy picking for flying troops and pew pew troops. Observe your neighbor and from what they're building, you can guess what troops they're deploying with near certainty. A player need to balance their troop type, having lose air superiority or naval superiority might not mean your complete defeat but it'd mean that you can never be the victor in that game. For your first few game, try using different troops, get your feet wet and you can gradually learn which type counters which.
      4. Annex too early:
        There's a reason annexing costs a lot. It's when you have more resources than you can produce units. Annexed cities mainly help you to mobilize more troops. The increase resource production is similar to occupying another city, at the cost of, well, a lot. So normally people only start annexing when they are mobilizing in all their cities but still have extra resource to spare.
      5. Build Armored Units as the main force:
        Armored unit is for busy people who logs into CoN once or twice a day so they build some tanks, have them roll around taking up lands from bots, hoping that they won't get steamrolled by another more active player. For further explanation on why they sucks, this thread seems to have a decent amount of good answers
      6. Heal Armored Units in cities / build several low level Hospital in your cities:
        What's a better signal of a newbie than several lvl 2 army bases? Several lvl 2 army bases + low level hospitals all around. Although I'm strongly against using tanks, if you're already using them, there's one better way to heal up your tanks: put them out to transport ships and park them in coastal area. Your 50 HP main battle tank will become a 12 HP transport ship and it'll heal up 2HP per day in coastal area. When convert back to a tank we're talking 8HP regeneration per day, way better than a city with max hospital. The risk is having your enemies send a corvette or some SF to shoot down your healing transport ships but most of the time it's worth it. Early on the 2HP healing is also a good trick to heal up newly-mobilized National Guards as well when your cities have no hospitals around.

The ASF mechanic seems completely broken. I just had 3 ground contacts and my ASF all take seperate damage from their 1 ASF after my ASF went into its radar range. Whats even more f*cked is they didn't do all of their combined defensive damage to it either...what in the actual f is up with that?
    • Burzerke wrote:

The ASF mechanic seems completely broken. I just had 3 ground contacts and my ASF all take seperate damage from their 1 ASF after my ASF went into its radar range. Whats even more f*cked is they didn't do all of their combined defensive damage to it either...what in the actual f is up with that?
      It's broken because, yeah, it's a known bug but Doritos just haven't gotten around to fix it yet, they'd prefer pushing for merging the PC client to the mobile app.

For those unaware, if your ASF is patrolling over several ground unit of your own and one of the ground unit gets attacked by an enemy ASF, for some reason the game calculate it as all the ground troops under the coverage of your defending ASF get attacked at once and they'll counter-attack separately. It's a kinda niche bug and only happen in early game when players still use ASF to attack each other.
    • japan samurai wrote:

Ground radar contact? ASF patrolling over them? Hold up…wait a minute.
      if you attack something within an ASF patrol range, you would attack ASF and the ground unit, however don’t expect your units to “defend” against them as you are attacking and they are “defending”.
      If you end up in attack range of a patrolling ASF w any of your aircraft, then your ground units shouldn't have to be "defending" anything if it is an air battle. Regardless, if they end up attacked by the ASF due to being in its range, then they should do full defensive damage against it too rather than get smacked and do no defensive damage.