Custom Alliance Roles

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Custom Alliance Roles

Greetings, folks! Here I am making my once-every-three-or-so-months foray into the CoN forums. As usual, I have been driven here to make a suggestion, one that, although not with any massive consequences to the game or such, I think would be fun for everyone and add a neat feature to alliances.

My idea is to allow alliance leaders, in the alliance settings panel, to create custom roles that they can give their members. Currently, alliances show players as "Leader," "Moderator," or "Member." Many alliances, I daresay most, have internal structures (Whitewolf, for example, has their well-known wolf-themed ranks like Echo, Alpha, Sigma, etc). My alliance, Rangers, has quite a large internal rank structure that is patterned after US Army ranks (Private, corporal, etc). It would be fun, and a bit useful, perhaps, if we could list members according to these on CoN itself. Much like roles on Discord, these would be set in a certain order by leaders and members would show up on the alliance's page according to their role and its designated height. You could also set which roles had moderator permissions.

If an alliance had no custom roles, the currently-used ones would be default.

I'm happy to discuss the idea with anyone interested! Feel free to DM me on Discord if you prefer that method (GreenBeret#1439).

GB
      Rangers alliance is recruiting players of all experience levels! DM GreenBeret#1439 on Discord to learn more.
    • Though I think most of the Top Ranking Alliance have their own Custom Ranking system, But you have bring something good to talk about and I like it GB. :thumbup:

Yes It will be more fun If the custom rank can be seen directly through Alliance member page.
      Have fun, nothing personal.

The post was edited 1 time, last by booombooom ().

• I think it’s a great idea, however, I think it won’t be implemented for the same reason that coalition flags can’t be uploaded anymore, with presets only available. It’s easier for them and their servers.

I suppose there are far fewer Alliances then there are coalitions, and an image is certainly different from text as far as servers are concerned. It’s worth a shot.
      The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. - George S. Patton
    • I support this idea, i know some coalitions with several different levels of hierachy (rainmen, fun train, etc)

however even for simpler coalitions you could have president, senator, diplomate, etc

tbh i'm not sure if the fun train exists anymore?
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • Fusion7857 wrote:

I think it’s a great idea, however, I think it won’t be implemented for the same reason that coalition flags can’t be uploaded anymore, with presets only available. It’s easier for them and their servers.

I suppose there are far fewer Alliances then there are coalitions, and an image is certainly different from text as far as servers are concerned. It’s worth a shot.
      There're tons of alliances, but only 40 max that are "serious" ones.

Thanks for the support!
      Rangers alliance is recruiting players of all experience levels! DM GreenBeret#1439 on Discord to learn more.
    • GreenBeret- wrote:

Fusion7857 wrote:

I think it’s a great idea, however, I think it won’t be implemented for the same reason that coalition flags can’t be uploaded anymore, with presets only available. It’s easier for them and their servers.

There're tons of alliances, but only 40 max that are "serious" ones.
      Thanks for the support!
      yeah, depends on how serious you want to take the game
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija