Am I Morally Right or Wrong

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Am I Morally Right or Wrong

One time a racist noob player (UK) had joined in World War (4x speed) match with me (India), he was continuosly writing racist articles targeting me (India) and my friend (China) in the first day itself (which made me mad)

UK's coalition was strong, so we didn't attack him.

However, UK and me decided to fight out another strong coalition in Africa, as they were too strong for both of us to fight alone.

And we successfully defeated that African coalition. So we became friendly coalitions now.

After day 30, I decided to start making offers to UK's 2 other strong coalition members (Finland and Sweden), who had nearly same VPs as me and they agreed to ally with our coalition incase a war breaks out between UK's and India's (which is me) coalition.

During day 50 or so, my coalition (4 players) was at the top of the board. But UK wasn't going to a war with us, as his coalition is now far behind us.

But anyway me and my ally (Colombia) decided to nuke UK for his racist attitude in the first day.

So, now I am in a confusion whether I did the right thing morally or not.

Now there are 2 arguments:

1) UK was a racist in the first day, so he deserves to be nuked.
      2) UK was a racist in the first day, and he allied with us, so he doesn't deserved to be nuked.
      "Kill one and terrify hundreds"
    • If you are still playing day 50 on a 4 x game. I would go and play something else.

I have got solo wins day 30 on 4 x, I won a normal speed game on day 38 solo against five and then four players.

You get the noobies thinking that because this is a war game, then they can trash talk, which is why thankfully their is now a mute button for the ricks.

Ethiopia (mouthy newbie) was saying that you cannot beat four of us, we will attack you from all directions. He was saying that in English.

However, Italy moved his navy too close to land that I had taken, so I destroyed his navy and then I started getting Ethiopia speaking in Spanish.

I had to beg for mercy and I had to type that in Spanish and I could not say mercy in English.

However, day 38 came and most of these newbies are not very good at maths, I needed 121 points for the win. So at 7 points on average for cities, then I needed 18 cities plus any land was a bonus, as I was in Europe then that is very easy to get 18 cities as they are so close together.

Oh and I was Australia in the game, so I took over the whole of the Eastern region, came down to Europe via Russia, I had given Romania a peace deal at the early start of the game, as I destroyed his coalition and I warned him he did not want to mess with me, so once I see him retreating then I will go to peace with him.

However, he became a nuclear Country and stupidly used a nuke on a bot Country, so I gave him some advice not to use nukes (he was middle ranked so not a newbie but high enough to know better) so when he joined the last coalition and as I was already in Europe, he was the first one that I took out, due to him having nukes.

He managed to destroy Perth and sadly one of my frigates as I had it parked right on the door step, but he only produced one launcher which was destroyed as soon as I saw where he was launching from.

However, day 50 and you are still playing.

Shame on you lol

Regards

Mark
    • HMRoyalAirForce wrote:

If you are still playing day 50 on a 4 x game. I would go and play something else.

I have got solo wins day 30 on 4 x, I won a normal speed game on day 38 solo against five and then four players.

You get the noobies thinking that because this is a war game, then they can trash talk, which is why thankfully their is now a mute button for the ricks.

Ethiopia (mouthy newbie) was saying that you cannot beat four of us, we will attack you from all directions. He was saying that in English.

However, Italy moved his navy too close to land that I had taken, so I destroyed his navy and then I started getting Ethiopia speaking in Spanish.

I had to beg for mercy and I had to type that in Spanish and I could not say mercy in English.

However, day 38 came and most of these newbies are not very good at maths, I needed 121 points for the win. So at 7 points on average for cities, then I needed 18 cities plus any land was a bonus, as I was in Europe then that is very easy to get 18 cities as they are so close together.

Oh and I was Australia in the game, so I took over the whole of the Eastern region, came down to Europe via Russia, I had given Romania a peace deal at the early start of the game, as I destroyed his coalition and I warned him he did not want to mess with me, so once I see him retreating then I will go to peace with him.

However, he became a nuclear Country and stupidly used a nuke on a bot Country, so I gave him some advice not to use nukes (he was middle ranked so not a newbie but high enough to know better) so when he joined the last coalition and as I was already in Europe, he was the first one that I took out, due to him having nukes.

He managed to destroy Perth and sadly one of my frigates as I had it parked right on the door step, but he only produced one launcher which was destroyed as soon as I saw where he was launching from.

Shame on you lol

Regards

Mark
      I like to keep it slow, so that I can project my powers on others.

I mean why the rush, dude. I always try to extend the number of days, so that I can research more and annex cities to get higher in my rank
      "Kill one and terrify hundreds"

The post was edited 2 times, last by Dude.Perfect ().

• Had some asshat on current game start a K-K-K Slave Nation Coalition with tagline "Be active and be racist" wtf is wrong with people. After wasting time via msgs .. ignored him and his time came as hes no longer on the map.

And more to game than just smashing units together. IRL...Many a Country "aligned" with people they didnt like then ended up in war with them.

You did the right thing!!
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • HMRoyalAirForce wrote:

If you are still playing day 50 on a 4 x game. I would go and play something else.

Shame on you lol

Regards

Mark
      This isn't Call of Duty. Some of us don't want to research everything over and over and over just to lose it again. I am on day 99 of 4x and couldn't be happier. I actually still don't have everything researched because that's how this game was meant to be played... over long periods of time. If you're too impatient for that then I suggest Halo Wars.
      CDR Crimson
      Founder of The Militia Collective

Training and Screening Hub, New Players or Existing: Come Find your perfect Alliance here!

Join Our Discord !
    • CDRCrimson42 wrote:

This isn't Call of Duty. Some of us don't want to research everything over and over and over just to lose it again. I am on day 99 of 4x and couldn't be happier. I actually still don't have everything researched because that's how this game was meant to be played... over long periods of time. If you're too impatient for that then I suggest Halo Wars.
      Do you have any information from the game developers that tells us they agree with you?

And regardless of what the game developers intended, I think the universe disagrees with you. How the game can be or should be played is defined by the game as it is, not how any of us imagine it might be or should be.
    • agree with KFG ... object of any game is to win and war in general to win as fast as possible.

This isnt Minecraft ... Im building as little as possible to support my war efforts and research / build narrow and deep. If a potential strong opponent has something I cant counter with what I have may consider new types.

Maps:

USA - goal 20 days
      Flashpoint - Ive won in 14 days
      WW3 or acolypse - 40 - 55 days
      Rising tides - can vary greatly but just won in think 30 days

Id kill myself if a game lasted 99 days ...wtf that has to be 1 guy sitting there and rest world AI.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• CDRCrimson42

If you look at my name, I am ex now, but I done this in real life, not a game.

It is a war game, not a research game, you do research in peace time, so if sadly things go wrong, then you have toys to play with.

However, I have to laugh at your Commander Crimson-42nd Division tag line. I guess that makes you feel important huh?

Funny as I cannot even find that on the alliance section, I cannot even find your name on the user list.

However, as I am an adult, I have bills to pay, I play this game for fun and have had offers to join coalitions with jumped up idiots calling themselves commanders, barking orders like they are in the forces.

COD and Halo are totally different games, this is a war strategy game, the others are first person shooters.

The objective of war is to win as quickly as possible, I know there is a person that has in his/her location box Odessa, Ukraine.

As much as I hate Putin's actions, but I also hate NATO's actions as well. NATO has a lot of blood on it's hands not just in Ukraine, but also Iraq, Bosnia to name but a few.

I cannot blame the Ukrainian people for wanting to protect their homeland, but if NATO had not armed the military, then potentially they might have been invaded by now, which would have stopped civilians being killed.

The longer that Ukraine fights for, Putin will potentially run the risk of starting a nuclear war. I would say WW3 but we went past WW3 ages ago on the so called war on terror.

The corrupt european union and NATO have caused all of this, pushing ever eastwards invading land, stripping Countries of their identity, placing weapons as close to the Russian border as possible.

Invasion is invasion, whether it be from peace or war.

However, I have the blood of human life on my hands, the same with most ex forces. The Governments of the world have even bloodier hands, spending money on weaponry rather than on their citizens, billions lol try trillions on weapons instead of it's people.

Instead of making people millionaires, which they could easily do, they leave people in poverty and in fear.

However, even Tom Clancy could not have made this up. First China with a biological weapon called covid or whatever it is called next week, and now Russia invading Ukraine. Two Countries that the yanks tell you are the enemy, what next a nuclear war but before everyone gets killed. Aliens suddenly come down and save everyone?

So before you sprout rubbish about play call of duty or halo, are you ex forces or serving forces?

Or are you just a jumped up gamer thinking that he has importance, calling himself a commander.

Regards

Mark

First gulf war, Bosnia veteran.
    • KFGauss wrote:

CDRCrimson42 wrote:

Do you have any information from the game developers that tells us they agree with you?
      And regardless of what the game developers intended, I think the universe disagrees with you. How the game can be or should be played is defined by the game as it is, not how any of us imagine it might be or should be.
      Let me be clear - I didn't say that there is anything incorrect or wrong with the way @CDRCrimson42 uses/plays CoN.

My point was that neither he, nor I, should claim to describe how it was intended to be used without direct knowledge passed to us by the developer; so I asked if he had that information.

And my further point is that regardless of how the developers intended for it to be played, the universe doesn't care what was intended.

The game simply is what it is. People are allowed to play it for any reason and in any manner they can dream up.
    • KFGauss wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

CDRCrimson42 wrote:

Do you have any information from the game developers that tells us they agree with you?And regardless of what the game developers intended, I think the universe disagrees with you. How the game can be or should be played is defined by the game as it is, not how any of us imagine it might be or should be.
      Let me be clear - I didn't say that there is anything incorrect or wrong with the way @CDRCrimson42 uses/plays CoN.
      My point was that neither he, nor I, should claim to describe how it was intended to be used without direct knowledge passed to us by the developer; so I asked if he had that information.

And my further point is that regardless of how the developers intended for it to be played, the universe doesn't care what was intended.

The game simply is what it is. People are allowed to play it for any reason and in any manner they can dream up.
      True that... Ive ran into some interesting characters wanting to recreate some ancient battles and would only attack certain countries; another guy thought it was mean to attack anyone. Some people are farmers and some people are warriors.

• KFGauss wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

CDRCrimson42 wrote:

@KFGauss why dont you stfu and actually LISTEN to what he is sayin instead of making another annoying a** comment

@HMRoyalAirForce i am interested in this game you are talking about but, I don't think it really matters how long it takes you to win a map tbh. I have won mape in 30 days or 60 days, but a win is a win. It all matters on how the game goes. Every game is unique and I try to view it as a whole new experience win or lose I try to have as much fun as possible cuz that's why we play this game cuz we think its FUN :)
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • Anna Jija wrote:

@KFGauss why dont you stfu and actually LISTEN to what he is sayin instead of making another annoying a** comment
      @HMRoyalAirForce i am interested in this game you are talking about but, I don't think it really matters how long it takes you to win a map tbh. I have won mape in 30 days or 60 days, but a win is a win. It all matters on how the game goes. Every game is unique and I try to view it as a whole new experience win or lose I try to have as much fun as possible cuz that's why we play this game cuz we think its FUN :)
      No, but thanks for the suggestion, bless your heart.

Have a nice day.

The post was edited 1 time, last by KFGauss ().

• Anna Jija wrote:

Wow that is uncalled for. KFG was just saying no one can judge others way to play.

HM Royal was one calling someone out. And as a former IRL military man agree with his premise but 50 days isnt crazy long for a world map; but the way he addressed it was the one wrong not KFG.

• Preferably short to conquer and win asap for obvious reasons but circumstances (both ingame and irl) might prevent that. Long games with a well rounded force of advanced units against experienced players are much more fun than steamrolling effectively early on.

The morality doesn't matter as history is written by the winners, and fun should appreciated by all, no matter the time taken. :thumbsup:
      ''Miseris succurrere disco''
    • Dude.Perfect wrote:

One time a racist noob player (UK) had joined in World War (4x speed) match with me (India), he was continuosly writing racist articles targeting me (India) and my friend (China) in the first day itself (which made me mad)

UK's coalition was strong, so we didn't attack him.

However, UK and me decided to fight out another strong coalition in Africa, as they were too strong for both of us to fight alone.

And we successfully defeated that African coalition. So we became friendly coalitions now.

After day 30, I decided to start making offers to UK's 2 other strong coalition members (Finland and Sweden), who had nearly same VPs as me and they agreed to ally with our coalition incase a war breaks out between UK's and India's (which is me) coalition.

During day 50 or so, my coalition (4 players) was at the top of the board. But UK wasn't going to a war with us, as his coalition is now far behind us.

But anyway me and my ally (Colombia) decided to nuke UK for his racist attitude in the first day.

So, now I am in a confusion whether I did the right thing morally or not.

Now there are 2 arguments:

1) UK was a racist in the first day, so he deserves to be nuked.
      2) UK was a racist in the first day, and he allied with us, so he doesn't deserved to be nuked.
      Oh thanks for your unimaginative executive decision that there are only 2 arguments.

I reject both of yours.

3. That was a d**k move, but unimportant as itself because the parameters are within the context as a 'game', but it would take a certain moral flexibility to practice in a game context and prevent reprehensible behavior in real life. ...
      Nuke em or not, it's a game. Did you want to nuke him? yes? Then good, if no, see if it impacts you significantly negatively, and if it does, seek professional therapy.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

...and if it does, seek professional therapy.
      Yeah, where I live they have places where you can just walk in and get help... if you are feeling anxiety/depression, make sure to see the appropriate professionals. :rolleyes:
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup: