A Quick Intro to Quick Warfare

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A Quick Intro to Quick Warfare

So, about a month ago one of my coalition members introduced me to what he calls 'quick warfare'. The name gives a good description of this method - it involves overwhelming enemies with speedy conquering and effective weapons. I've tried it a few times and it's working very well for me. I thought I would share a little about it here.

Units Used:
      Motorized Infantry (maxed) - used for rushing the mostly-undefended enemy territory once the initial units are defeated.
      Marines (level 5 or so) - can come in handy for extra attack power, especially during a naval invasion.
      Airborne (sometimes) - can be used for air assaults if necessary.
      Tank Destroyers (level 3 or so) - will come in handy if the enemy is using armored units.
      Towed/Mobile Arty (level 2-5) - used to shell units on the front lines, situated behind units engaging in close combat.
      MRLs (maxed) - same purpose as arty, try to have these situated in stacks near major enemy stacks.
      SAMs (3-max) - to provide anti-air support to your stacks.
      Mobile Radar (high levels) - to detect enemy's stacks so you can bombard them with the appropriate units.
      Theater Defense (any levels) - keep in your important production centers, just in case your enemy has missiles.
      Attack Subs (for naval invasions only) - can bombard port cities and wipe out your enemy's navy. (BONUS: can launch missiles as well!)
      ASFs (3-max) - necessary to eliminate your enemy's air force.
      Strikers or SSFs (high levels) - used to attack enemy units beyond the frontlines.
      Missiles - launch these on your enemy's key production cities - try to determine beforehand which cities to be nuked.

Strategy:
      Setup is probably the most important part - if your units aren't in position, the attack could fail! Make sure your enemy's large stacks are covered with plenty of artillery, infantry and air support.
      After you've started the invasion and made sure you are attacking the right units, fire some missiles at your enemy's key production cities (if within range ofc). If they land, great! You've just stalled some resource/unit production. If not, you know your enemy has some good AA/missile defense. Be prepared!
      After your enemy's main stacks have been defeated, here comes the part that puts 'quick' in quick warfare! Use your mot. infantry (and any other kinds of infantry you are using) and rush in his territory, targeting cities, airbases, and field hospitals. IMPORTANT: use RADAR!! You never know if your enemy has a big stack left over that could pick off your infantry with ease.
      Yes, some insurgents might spawn! But it is important that they be defeated before given the chance to act as a parasite on your newly conquered territory.
      Last but not least, whenever you use quick warfare, know that it is highly unlikely for the plan to work 100% perfectly. There will almost always be something (an undetected stack, ICBMs, whatever) that can throw your attack off track. Don't get discouraged! Just figure out the best way to counter this obstacle, and try again!

-Tifo_14 8)
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • I’ve seen a much more abbreviated version of this blitzkrieg style of warfare, and it’s actually very effective. Basically just upgrade basic infantry, asf and destroyers. Just stack troops and hit somebody constantly, using ASF as you would strike fighters. As funny as it sounds, you endeavor to destroy all active players while everyone is still in the stone age in terms of technology and unit count. You don’t waste time holding cities from rouge, units that are currently being built will take those cities back if rouge spawns.

Absolute early game chaos but I’ve seen enough to know that this style can be deadly, especially if all 5 guys in coalition of the same mindset.
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • Aeneas of Troy wrote:

I’ve seen a much more abbreviated version of this blitzkrieg style of warfare, and it’s actually very effective. Basically just upgrade basic infantry, asf and destroyers. Just stack troops and hit somebody constantly, using ASF as you would strike fighters. As funny as it sounds, you endeavor to destroy all active players while everyone is still in the stone age in terms of technology and unit count. You don’t waste time holding cities from rouge, units that are currently being built will take those cities back if rouge spawns.

Absolute early game chaos but I’ve seen enough to know that this style can be deadly, especially if all 5 guys in coalition of the same mindset.
      I usually play like this, except I sometimes build cruisers instead of Destroyers and NG instead of Mot. Inf. I also use strikers sometimes, if I play France
    • To be honest, wouldn’t really call this especially quick because to me focussing on actually killing enemies and taking land with infantry is pretty standard how you should try to fight your wars.
      Frankly for something called „quick“ warfare I expected more along the lines of idk; extreme focus on enemy homeland cities? Not something that essentially boils down to „use artillery to kill the big stacks and radar to avoid your inf running into random enemies“.
      Ngl im kinda disappointed.

Im curious tho; how exactly would „slow warfare“ look like?
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • I do blitz strategy with far less.... if you clear the front line dont need half of that stuff. this looks like slow war fare. If blitzing why worry about theatre defense ; mobile radar; MRLs. etc. this seems would take 40 days to build all this.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Teburu wrote:

To be honest, wouldn’t really call this especially quick because to me focussing on actually killing enemies and taking land with infantry is pretty standard how you should try to fight your wars.
      Frankly for something called „quick“ warfare I expected more along the lines of idk; extreme focus on enemy homeland cities? Not something that essentially boils down to „use artillery to kill the big stacks and radar to avoid your inf running into random enemies“.
      Ngl im kinda disappointed.

Im curious tho; how exactly would „slow warfare“ look like?
      That's what happens when you do it against an AI/noob country. But if the enemy knows what's up, he could easily defeat approaching infantry units.

And as for 'slow warfare'? Just join a game as Chile, make a few stacks of MBTs, and you're all set.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup: