Elite Unit: Electronic Warfare Vehicle (EWV)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Elite Unit: Electronic Warfare Vehicle (EWV)

New Elite Unit: Electronic Warfare Vehicle
      “Electronic Warfare Vehicles use advanced jamming equipment to compromise the enemy radar. These units are instrumental in undermining enemy radar and anti-air to keep other units safe”

This is a land-based unit
      Unit Class: Elite
      Unit Armor: Hard

Attributes:
      -Cannot Conquer
      -Radar Signature (Ground HIGH)
      -Airlift (Range 5000)
      <Jammer>
      This unit hides friendly radar contacts by creating an aura of interference around it
      Radius: 50 at T1, 75 at T2, 100 at T3

How it works:
      When the EWV is not moving, it forms a radius represented by a wiggly purple line. All friendly units inside this radius will have their radar signatures hidden from enemy radars. However, there is a catch: AWACS are completely immune to this effect

How this will improve the game:
      -In the face of the last 2 Seasons, I am sure that many players like myself are disappointed by the lack of interesting and viable units introduced to the game. The UGV and SUAV have been a disappointment that has had no effect on the meta of the game. I think a true elite unit like the ones we have received in the past will refresh the playing field and add variety to the gameplay
      -This unit will help to close the gap between Mobile Radar and AWACS. This is a very controversial subject: Mobile Radar and AWACS are two sides of the same coin. They each have their pros and cons that make you consider one over the other. However, I cannot help but feel that Mobile Radar has an edge that AWACS cannot match. I find myself using AWACS less and less, and a mobile Radar vulnerability such as this one will help make these units equally useful in their own way
      -Indirect buff to scout units such as UAV, UGV, CRV and Spec Ops. These units will become an option for artillery scouting in the face of radar jamming
      -Adds a strategic layer. It may be the case that a nearby enemy EWV covers your own Anti-Air. This makes players think more carefully about SAMs and further emphasizes the AWACS’ importance as a helicopter detecting unit
      Yee Haw