On average, when do you launch your first missile?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Day 25-30, they’re more of a late game toy for me. Besides the fact that I usually launch them from Cruisers and Strike Fighters, they take up a lot of research time that I would rather use to research other units.
      The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. - George S. Patton
    • 9/10 never only bad players use missiles and even worse players use nuclear missiles.

I am not going to give out my secrets on how to play the game, especially on an open forum.

I sometimes help a player that I like during game, but talking strategy and tactics on an open forum is madness, as it increases the chance of someone beating you, using your own tactics.

The last game I was in, he dropped a nuclear weapon on a bot city, which made him a threat. I gave him a peace deal early on in the game, as I had wiped out his other coalition players.

He went solo, and I kept my word, but once I saw the nuke, then I knew that he was a danger, he joined the last remaining coalition and because I was in Russia and surrounding area it was easy enough to take him out first. The player was Romania.

He managed to nuke one of my cities, but once I saw the launch my air force was over the launch site, destroyed his launcher and took over his land and cities.

However, he done me a favour by joining the last coalition standing as he had done nothing all game, in fact funny enough he was busy invading Ukraine so I liberated Ukraine, I needed 120 points for the solo, so I divide that by 7 and came up with 18 cites needed plus land, I think I took about 14 cities plus the land and then went to bed, woke up the next morning and game over.

I have had other games where India was launching nukes like candy, it made the game last a lot longer because it was destroying morale.

I also had a game, where I done a lot of civilian damage either via navy or by missile which meant that none of my cities was going over 25%. One player that was in his coalition left, and joined me, thankfully he was able to sit on cities but I was taking cities and because they were not being sat on due to not going past 25% a lot were going rogue.

So I killed the rogue and retook them.

However, keep researching missiles and other stuff, because I love people like you, so easy to win games against lol

Regards

Mark
    • HMRoyalAirForce wrote:

9/10 never only bad players use missiles and even worse players use nuclear missiles.

I am not going to give out my secrets on how to play the game, especially on an open forum.

I sometimes help a player that I like during game, but talking strategy and tactics on an open forum is madness, as it increases the chance of someone beating you, using your own tactics.

The last game I was in, he dropped a nuclear weapon on a bot city, which made him a threat. I gave him a peace deal early on in the game, as I had wiped out his other coalition players.

He went solo, and I kept my word, but once I saw the nuke, then I knew that he was a danger, he joined the last remaining coalition and because I was in Russia and surrounding area it was easy enough to take him out first. The player was Romania.

He managed to nuke one of my cities, but once I saw the launch my air force was over the launch site, destroyed his launcher and took over his land and cities.

However, he done me a favour by joining the last coalition standing as he had done nothing all game, in fact funny enough he was busy invading Ukraine so I liberated Ukraine, I needed 120 points for the solo, so I divide that by 7 and came up with 18 cites needed plus land, I think I took about 14 cities plus the land and then went to bed, woke up the next morning and game over.

I have had other games where India was launching nukes like candy, it made the game last a lot longer because it was destroying morale.

I also had a game, where I done a lot of civilian damage either via navy or by missile which meant that none of my cities was going over 25%. One player that was in his coalition left, and joined me, thankfully he was able to sit on cities but I was taking cities and because they were not being sat on due to not going past 25% a lot were going rogue.

However, keep researching missiles and other stuff, because I love people like you, so easy to win games against lol

Regards

Mark
      Please stop saying everything you don't use is only for "bad players". Missiles can be used well in many games, especially if the opponent does not have anti air. They do a decent amount of damage, and multiple can be produced at a time. You even said it yourself, the guy that had missiles was a threat to your game! I don't have anything against you, but I ask again to please stop claiming such things.
      All Shall Eventually Fall
    • HMRoyalAirForce wrote:

9/10 never only bad players use missiles and even worse players use nuclear missiles.

Regards

Mark
      they can be helpful sometimes, but you shouldn't be blasting them willy-nilly.

and never nuke bots. thats just a waste of resource
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • Cant launch CMs till like day 12 from SF so ideally as close to that barring resources but usually day 15- 20. To get to CMs is 3 researches pls at least 1 sec lab; 1 day to build warheads (can start producing warheads sooner).

But Missiles are kind of expensive throw always and if dependent early on than will suffer on other units.

On Apocalypse when already have nuke warheads im trying to have fire capability ASAP before someone else does (SF; Naval Patrol which can reach a long way by then; Navy officer). Used to spin up 1 or 2 ball subs but high cost and if get cruise level 4 they are almost like lvl1 BM and can deliver much more flexibly.

Outside Apocalypse only use conventional warheads.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • HMRoyalAirForce wrote:

LastLiving wrote:

Please stop saying everything you don't use is only for "bad players". Missiles can be used well in many games, especially if the opponent does not have anti air. They do a decent amount of damage, and multiple can be produced at a time. You even said it yourself, the guy that had missiles was a threat to your game! I don't have anything against you, but I ask again to please stop claiming such things.
      I can say WHATEVER I like pal, that is called FREEDOM OF SPEECH, if you don't like what I say then TOUGH. We are in an open forum, where people want a variety of points of view. If you want to use missiles and nukes like a newbie then go ahead, destroy your morale so much so that you cannot sit on cities any more.
      However, NEVER tell me what I can say again, now F**K OFF pal.
      What in the world did I do to you to make you swear?? Just asking to see other peoples points, instead of claiming everything is a noob move. You don't even provide arguments for why missiles are bad. Not all missies damage morale, if I shoot a cruise missile at a air superiority, I won't lose any morale because no civilian causalities.

Also, since you are claiming "freedom of speech", then don't I also have the freedom of speech to type that? You say to "NEVER tell me what I can say again", but putting that up contradicts yourself.
      All Shall Eventually Fall
    • LastLiving wrote:

HMRoyalAirForce wrote:

LastLiving wrote:

I can say WHATEVER I like pal, that is called FREEDOM OF SPEECH, if you don't like what I say then TOUGH. We are in an open forum, where people want a variety of points of view. If you want to use missiles and nukes like a newbie then go ahead, destroy your morale so much so that you cannot sit on cities any more.However, NEVER tell me what I can say again, now F**K OFF pal.
      What in the world did I do to you to make you swear?? Just asking to see other peoples points, instead of claiming everything is a noob move. You don't even provide arguments for why missiles are bad. Not all missies damage morale, if I shoot a cruise missile at a air superiority, I won't lose any morale because no civilian causalities.
      Also, since you are claiming "freedom of speech", then don't I also have the freedom of speech to type that? You say to "NEVER tell me what I can say again", but putting that up contradicts yourself.
      I would ignore the dude. Someone that throws around “freedom of speech” as an excuse for being just a miserable nasty human being does not deserve much attention.
    • I suggest that you read your post again you f**king idiot.

I will quote if you are too stupid "Please stop saying everything"

I play differently, I have a different style. I already gave you examples of how missiles, especially nukes can ruin a game.

The last game that I finished one had nukes, I destroyed his nuclear capabilities. One of his coalition members had missiles firing from four odd aircraft which were level 7.

I destroyed them all and I never fired one missile, mainly because I had none.

So it does not matter if you have missiles or not, if you come across a better player, such as myself. I know how to kill you, and I will kill you in game.

Also if you have good anti air, then missiles are reasonably useless anyway, so they are a wasted resource.

One game I played in, he was high ranked, a warrant officer I think, he was Saudi. Arms industry level 5 but he had no troops to fight with, if you don't have troops then you cannot fight, so research and levelling up your cities are a waste of time, unless it is later on during the game.

The bloke got slaughtered.

I used to try researching everything, I tried following other people's ways of playing this person produced X, Y and Z so I will try the same, and I would get beat by someone doing A, B & C so then I would try that and I would still lose.

I found my own play style, my own speed, my own tactics, which is what newbies should really find out the hard way which works best for them.

However, as I have said if I told everyone my tactics on an open forum like this, then if people use my tactics against me, then I am a fool to give out that info.

Another game that I played in was a normal speed game, this person just produced tanks, two tanks, two armoured vehicles, I watched him for days producing these units, and those units came all the way from Russia, and then he zig zagged them around Europe.

I was taking ground left, right and centre with my airborne, I think that it was day 36 when my other team mate said that it would take till day 50 or longer before we get the win. I was bored as hell by that point, so I quit the coalition and archived the game.

I am a bit more patient now, but I finish games quickly I have won 4 x games day 30 and normal speed day 36 or 38.

If you meet me in a game, by the time you have researched missiles, if I am close to you, then you are already dead.

The post was edited 1 time, last by HMRoyalAirForce ().

• HMRoyalAirForce wrote:

I suggest that you read your post again you f**king idiot.

I play differently, I have a different style. I already gave you examples of how missiles, especially nukes can ruin a game.

The last game that I finished one had nukes, I destroyed his nuclear capabilities. One of his coalition members had missiles firing from an aircraft which were level 7.

So it does not matter if you have missiles or not, if you come across a better player, such as myself. I know how to kill you, and I will kill you in game.

Also if you have good anti air, then missiles are reasonably useless anyway, so they are a wasted resource.

One game I played in, he was high ranked, a warrant officer I think, he was Saudi. Arms industry level 5 but he had no troops to fight with, if you don't have troops then you cannot fight, so research and levelling up your cities are a waste of time, unless it is later on during the game.

I used to try researching everything, I tried following other people's ways of playing this person produced X, Y and Z so I will try the same, and I would get beat by someone doing A, B & C so then I would try that and I would still lose.

I found my own play style, my own speed, my own tactics, which is what newbies should really find out the hard way which works best for them.

However, as I have said if I told everyone my tactics on an open forum like this, then if people use my tactics against me, then I am a fool to give out that info.

Another game that I played in was a normal speed game, this person just produced tanks, two tanks, two armoured vehicles, I watched him for days producing these units, and those units came all the way from Russia, and then he zig zagged them around Europe.

I was taking ground left, right and centre with my airborne, I think that it was day 36 when my other team mate said that it would take till day 50 or longer before we get the win. I was bored as hell by that point, so I quit the coalition and archived the game.

I am a bit more patient now, but I finish games quickly I have won 4 x games day 30 and normal speed day 36 or 38.

If you meet me in a game, by the time you have researched missiles, if I am close to you, then you are already dead.
      Cool dude - I see you continue to use your “freedom of speech” for constructive purposes.
    • Nrb1000 wrote:

HMRoyalAirForce wrote:

The last game that I finished one had nukes, I destroyed his nuclear capabilities. One of his coalition members had missiles firing from an aircraft which were level 7.

Cool dude - I see you continue to use your “freedom of speech” for constructive purposes.
      just ignore him; he seems to be hellbent on provoking people while going on about how superior he is.

On the topic of missiles: I very rarely use them, however; I would attribute that more to my reluctance to use consumables.

Missiles tend to be pretty expensive; at least from the point of initial investment to actually firing the first one, a lot of infrastructure and research is required.

One „Issue“ missiles have is that they’re pretty specialized; tho its also an advantage.
      Yes you need to research chemical warheads if you want to yeet big stacks of soft targets, but on the other hand conventional allows you to target cities without immediately maxing out the penalty for killing civilians.
      Cruise Missiles alone are stupidly versatile and even conventional ballistic missiles are great for targeting buildings (and yeeting enemy airfields is fun).

Issue is that they’re incredibly easily rendered useless by units with high pointdefense.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Anna Jija wrote:

So everyone i wanna know, ABOUT when do you launch your first missile ingame? i know it usually starts around day 10 for most, i usually wait till day 12... what are your thoughts?
      small advivce for all game .. try never used missile if not realy need

reason ... morale in all your city and result less income be good prepared but much more cheap that prepare missile is simply make you some anti misile umrellla and invest in convential army that not make so many civilian death .. some is used artilery or ship to strike is wery painfull for moralle too

tru

HMRoyalAirForce wrote:

The last game that I finished one had nukes, I destroyed his nuclear capabilities. One of his coalition members had missiles firing from four odd aircraft which were level 7.

you think that you be only one that used your "OWN" STRATEGY TRUST PLAYER LIKE YOU IS MANY you havent your own nobody else used tactic just you never meet at small number map oonent like you ...

finaly you find that tactis trategy isn be your but be by who is again you ..

like im remeber how i teach my allies understant what may do enemy .. one time on small flash map

rule is be simply not have it any else air force than just started not have any ship than corvet (and only if be game in phase go for america so like without ship without helicopter without any aiplane ... tgo know it what is capable that enemy do it in game

secondary yes some like you many player try find own way .. that is briliant that you do .. all other is little that yous us your big TOOL between legs .. but we dont care how big is or if you be sweat or not ..

and some i do it myself on big map try win by have it ground force like main tool and it is posible ( again active enemy .. ) and that stretegy is most see it BECOSE suprise ... not need many time to manage simply yiu sednd army and just per day soem time some movement swap or manage recruit or build have BIG DMG unit like szriker or artilery and realy have it twice 10 minute per day play investz in air force is waste .and in artilery too if you havent premium... so dont hate that some player havent so many time in game and that thier strategy is worst by YOU .. it many time BEST STRATEGY for time that they invest in game ..
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Yeah I think he and Andi can just talk angry jibberish to each other.
      They are already at it… I’m getting some popcorn
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • HMRoyalAirForce wrote:

My guess is that you love aircraft- asf, strikes, gunships, attack choppers, bombers, and airborne infantry…

Display Spoiler
      guess you did kinda let that secret info slip, username… oops :D
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Aeneas of Troy ().

• Andilek7319 wrote:

Anna Jija wrote:

So everyone i wanna know, ABOUT when do you launch your first missile ingame? i know it usually starts around day 10 for most, i usually wait till day 12... what are your thoughts?
      small advivce for all game .. try never used missile if not realy need
      reason ... morale in all your city and result less income be good prepared but much more cheap that prepare missile is simply make you some anti misile umrellla and invest in convential army that not make so many civilian death .. some is used artilery or ship to strike is wery painfull for moralle too

tru
      that's OK, everyone has their own playing style...

Andilek7319 wrote:

HMRoyalAirForce wrote:

you think that you be only one that used your "OWN" STRATEGY TRUST PLAYER LIKE YOU IS MANY you havent your own nobody else used tactic just you never meet at small number map oonent like you ...
      finaly you find that tactis trategy isn be your but be by who is again you ..

like im remeber how i teach my allies understant what may do enemy .. one time on small flash map

rule is be simply not have it any else air force than just started not have any ship than corvet (and only if be game in phase go for america so like without ship without helicopter without any aiplane ... tgo know it what is capable that enemy do it in game

secondary yes some like you many player try find own way .. that is briliant that you do .. all other is little that yous us your big TOOL between legs .. but we dont care how big is or if you be sweat or not ..

and some i do it myself on big map try win by have it ground force like main tool and it is posible ( again active enemy .. ) and that stretegy is most see it BECOSE suprise ... not need many time to manage simply yiu sednd army and just per day soem time some movement swap or manage recruit or build have BIG DMG unit like szriker or artilery and realy have it twice 10 minute per day play investz in air force is waste .and in artilery too if you havent premium... so dont hate that some player havent so many time in game and that thier strategy is worst by YOU .. it many time BEST STRATEGY for time that they invest in game ..
      he can use gold/speedups if he wants, but it just makes it twice as fun.

also, low level arty has fake plane def, dont use

would have some aa handy
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija