Strategy Tips

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Strategy Tips

Hey everyone, I'm a relatively new player. I was just wondering what the meta strategy of the game is as of this season. Right now, I tend to go for basic infantry (I always upgrade to max because the ranged attack is great) and TD/AFV for land, ASF and strike fighter/helicopters (depending on doctrine) for air, nothing for navy because I use my planes and helicopterss to fight the ships, and probably some missiles during the late game. I heard that MRLs and SAMs are really good as well, so I started using them. How bad is my current strategy? Thanks for the help in advance!
    • My opinion is probably wrong, but I suggest you should have a navy. If you encounter a good player, most probably they will have some frigates in their fleet. They would destroy your planes and helis, allowing the opponent to bomb your cities, easily move in, and end your game. I would suggest a combo of destroyers, frigates, and cruisers to fight off other players navy.

Also if you play later in the game, some TDS will help against missiles.

I don't find anything else I don't agree with, and it looks like a solid strategy, but again, I'm bad at CON.
      All Shall Eventually Fall

The post was edited 1 time, last by LastLiving ().

• meta; at least for land based warfare basically comes down to Mrls, Sams, Asf and ofc radar.

Your current strategy is, to be blunt, extremely terrible at least in terms of unit composition

They all, with the exception of maybe asf, fill more or less the same role; killing ground units.
      For example: Why do you need afvs and tds, if you have helis and strikefighters that do about the same thing but trade dmg far more favorable.
      Especially when playing solo you dont want to specialize that heavily; you have to realize that you don’t necessarily have to max out a unit for it to do its job well.
      eg: one of my more recent games on day 36 i had 13 different types of units and a total of 144 units
      Barely, if any at all, of the units share the same role in combat
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • It depends on your country selection and doctrine. For example, as an island nation you would focus on your navy and if you are in the desert you would be able to foucus on armored forces. I tend to focus on a strong air force and a strong armored force combined with mech inf or mot inf. I know some people have a preference for Mrls, but it is only a unit you can unlock in late game because of the high army base requirement. Plus my ground stacks can just plough through most units because it is a 10 unit stack with high hp and high mobility. I use Strike fighters to destroy any units without anti air enevelope cover and use my tank stacks to destroy them. If my enemy has strike fighters, helis, or an abundance of SAM launchers I will just target their cities and their air fields instead to force them to divert troops to defend.
    • Teburu wrote:

meta; at least for land based warfare basically comes down to Mrls, Sams, Asf and ofc radar.

Your current strategy is, to be blunt, extremely terrible at least in terms of unit composition

They all, with the exception of maybe asf, fill more or less the same role; killing ground units.
      For example: Why do you need afvs and tds, if you have helis and strikefighters that do about the same thing but trade dmg far more favorable.
      Especially when playing solo you dont want to specialize that heavily; you have to realize that you don’t necessarily have to max out a unit for it to do its job well.
      eg: one of my more recent games on day 36 i had 13 different types of units and a total of 144 units
      Barely, if any at all, of the units share the same role in combat
      Thanks for the advice! Yeah I guess those units are quite redundant. Do I build any armored then, or do I just build some normal infantry to take the territory?