Random

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• actually this time
      A finite reality is contained in a finite space, but the finite can be considered infinite. For is life not the infinity in the finite realm? So is the finite truly synonymous with the infinite?
      Is there an ultimate reason? Or are there no reasons, only naturally bounded anarchy?
      Anything Allowed Here
      :rolleyes: :love: 8| :cursing: :thumbdown: :D :thumbsup: ;( :thumbup: X( :sleeping: :* :whistling: :| :evil: 8o :saint: =O <3 <X :!: || :?: :) :/ :( :S ;) X/ :P 8) ^^ ?( :huh:
    • Clock wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

Do we program clocks? Or do clocks program us?
      Clocks program humans to believe in a sense of time, that sense being in reality relative.
      Albeit we live our lives due to the time, interpreted by the clocks. We invented the clocks, but did we invent time?
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Clock wrote:

actually this time
      A finite reality is contained in a finite space, but the finite can be considered infinite. For is life not the infinity in the finite realm? So is the finite truly synonymous with the infinite?
      Is there an ultimate reason? Or are there no reasons, only naturally bounded anarchy?
      Anything Allowed Here
      :rolleyes: :love: 8| :cursing: :thumbdown: :D :thumbsup: ;( :thumbup: X( :sleeping: :* :whistling: :| :evil: 8o :saint: =O <3 <X :!: || :?: :) :/ :( :S ;) X/ :P 8) ^^ ?( :huh:
      1. A finite reality is contained in a finite space.

2. The finite is sometimes considered infinite.

3. Life is infinity in a finite realm.

Therefore, the finite is the infinite.

Issue (1). The second proposition is contradictory; something finite is something that is measurable, something infinite is something unmeasurable. The Law of Non-Contradiction states that two contradictory propositions cannot both be true in the same sense and at the same time. Therefore, this proposition and thus the whole argument is null and void.

Issue (2). The third proposition needs some clarification. In what sense can life be considered infinite and yet our realm not be?

Q- Is there an ultimate reason?
      A- Due to the fact that mathematics and logic do exist, there is in fact order in the universe. If logic did not exist, we could not know anything (if you are unsure on whether you can know anything, bang your head against a wall and see if your head makes its presence known :D ). This proves that there are a set of laws governing our realm, which must originate from somewhere.

Additionally, since everything we know is in some way contingent on another pre-existing being for existence, the origin of such order would have to come through some being that is not contingent on another being for existence, sometimes known as the Prime Mover or First Source.

Cheers!
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • Aeneas of Troy wrote:

Clock wrote:

actually this time
      Anything Allowed Here

Issue (1). The second proposition is contradictory; something finite is something that is measurable, something infinite is something unmeasurable. The Law of Non-Contradiction states that two contradictory propositions cannot both be true in the same sense and at the same time. Therefore, this proposition and thus the whole argument is null and void.

Issue (2). The third proposition needs some clarification. In what sense can life be considered infinite and yet our realm not be?

A- Due to the fact that mathematics and logic do exist, there is in fact order in the universe. If logic did not exist, we could not know anything (if you are unsure on whether you can know anything, bang your head against a wall and see if your head makes its presence known :D ). This proves that there are a set of laws governing our realm, which must originate from somewhere.

Additionally, since everything we know is in some way contingent on another pre-existing being for existence, the origin of such order would have to come through some being that is not contingent on another being for existence, sometimes known as the Prime Mover or First Source.

Cheers!
      OK :/
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • Aeneas of Troy wrote:

Clock wrote:

actually this time
      Anything Allowed Here

Cheers!
      Let me get to this later
    • Clock wrote:

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

Clock wrote:

actually this time
      Anything Allowed Here
      1. A finite reality is contained in a finite space.2. The finite is sometimes considered infinite.

Cheers!
      Let me get to this later
      1. The Law of Non-Contradiction limits your mind, my friend.
      2. What have you but life? There for e, it is infinite to you. The realm is not, however, infinite - but the plane of existence never ends. But then, the realm is infinite, no? They co-exist. When you understand this, you will understand all of philosophy, but not how to do it. That comes with thought and experience.
      ... you might also understand quantum physics slightly more.
      3. What if it's all a cycle? Everything is contingent on everything else... what do you even know? Nothing. You know nothing. You know everything you know, and that, is nothing. But it is truth, is it not? Or is it a lie? Is reality a lie? What is anything?
      4. I got to it
      5. There doesn't have to be a Prime. There can be 5 without there first being 4, in a way.
      The 4 is necessary for the 5 to exist, but the 5 does not manifest the 4.

Why the hell is "for.e" without the dot censored?
    • Clock wrote:

Clock wrote:

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

Clock wrote:

actually this time
      Anything Allowed Here
      1. A finite reality is contained in a finite space.2. The finite is sometimes considered infinite.

Cheers!
      Let me get to this later
      1. The Law of Non-Contradiction limits your mind, my friend.2. What have you but life? There for e, it is infinite to you. The realm is not, however, infinite - but the plane of existence never ends. But then, the realm is infinite, no? They co-exist. When you understand this, you will understand all of philosophy, but not how to do it. That comes with thought and experience.
      ... you might also understand quantum physics slightly more.
      3. What if it's all a cycle? Everything is contingent on everything else... what do you even know? Nothing. You know nothing. You know everything you know, and that, is nothing. But it is truth, is it not? Or is it a lie? Is reality a lie? What is anything?
      4. I got to it
      5. There doesn't have to be a Prime. There can be 5 without there first being 4, in a way.
      The 4 is necessary for the 5 to exist, but the 5 does not manifest the 4.

Why the hell is "for.e" without the dot censored?
      1. The Law of Non-Contradiction (LNC) is necessary for all logic…your whole argument is predicated on it. Otherwise, you cannot understand anything since the opposite might also be true.

You made many positive statements (which I am not inclined to quote as there are too many) but by making those statements, you are necessarily also saying that the opposite of what you just said is NOT true. Therefore, by making use of LNC as proof of your syllogisms, it is apparent that LNC is in fact necessary to make any statement.

2. You are comparing our physical realm to the potential of my life…not compatible. My life might have infinite potential to me. But might not our realm also have infinite potential to me, especially since there is so much that is yet to be understood? Additionally, our physical realm is not considered infinite but neither is my physical body.

3. Do you doubt that certain actions necessarily bring certain consequences?

Something cannot come from nothing. Anything, no matter how small, is still something. Therefore, if I know something, it cannot be considered nothing.

5. How so?

P.S. I realize that you might be playing devils advocate but if that is an inaccurate assessment…. I am curious to know why anyone would want to hold such a dismal viewpoint of life. Do you really wish to believe that you are in fact nothing? That nothing matters, that existence has no purpose?

Please enlighten me, my friend.
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.