Why???

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• scott steiner wrote:

The official flag of Afghanistan changed 7 months ago when the Taliban took over. But the developers still have not changed the official flag of Afghanistan after 7 months. Why???
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Afghanistan
      Who gives a swut? Arguing for this is like cheerleading for Josef Mengele.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

scott steiner wrote:

The official flag of Afghanistan changed 7 months ago when the Taliban took over. But the developers still have not changed the official flag of Afghanistan after 7 months. Why???
      Because we want accurate information in the game.... Im sure we would piss a lot of people off if we made Ukraine part of Russia. It wouldnt be accurate to do it, but who the Hell cares? Lets go ahead and make all of Ukraine part of Russia if accuracy doesn't matter
    • The Taliban is not recognized as the official government of Afghanistan by other nations but instead as rebels as of now. It would be rather inappropriate for CoN to recognize the Taliban before there is official international recognition.
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • I'm pretty sure much of the world despises the Talibs that have taken over Afghanistan, including many Afghanis.

My two cents is that I'm perfectly happy to wait as long as it takes to replace the current Afghani government with something better, before changing the flag a GAME like CoN uses for that patch of earth.

Good grief. Is this important?????
    • scott steiner wrote:

True, but the current flag in CON is certainly not the correct one. That government is no more. There is no effort to form a government in exile and there is no serious opposition to Taliban rule whatsoever. Looks like the Taliban will be the legitimate government in Afghanistan for many years to come.
      The government of Afghanistan still exists today. The entirety of the Afghanistan government has fled to the UAE and has staged there since the beginning of the take of Kabul. I am sure at some point the government will take it back from the Taliban.
      "America without her soldiers is like God without his angels."
      "A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
      "In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons."

• scott steiner wrote:

Taiwan is not internationally recognized as a country and yet CON uses the Taiwanese government flag and not the Chinese flag.
      America as well as all of Europe doesnt recognize Taiwan.
      Dont you think its inappropriate for CON to recognize Taiwan before there is official recognition???
      It is still it's own government and has been independent since 1912. The thing is that it IS a government compared to the Taliban that has no governmental structure at all.
      "A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

• BlackStarMedia wrote:

scott steiner wrote:

Taiwan is not internationally recognized as a country and yet CON uses the Taiwanese government flag and not the Chinese flag.
      Dont you think its inappropriate for CON to recognize Taiwan before there is official recognition???
      It is still it's own government and has been independent since 1912. The thing is that it IS a government compared to the Taliban that has no governmental structure at all.
      That is correct, as a matter of fact, the government of Taiwan is officially known as “The Republic of China”; it is actually the legitimate government of China that rebased to Taiwan when Mao Zedong and his communists overthrew the Chinese democratic government after WWII. Taiwan actually has much of the Chinese treasury and until the 1970s it’s main goal was to retake mainland China back from the communists.

This is the major reason why China is currently seeking to take Taiwan, because in their view the war between them has never really been over.
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • Aeneas of Troy wrote:

BlackStarMedia wrote:

scott steiner wrote:

That is correct, as a matter of fact, the government of Taiwan is officially known as “The Republic of China”; it is actually the legitimate government of China that rebased to Taiwan when Mao Zedong and his communists overthrew the Chinese democratic government after WWII. Taiwan actually has much of the Chinese treasury and until the 1970s it’s main goal was to retake mainland China back from the communists.
      This is the major reason why China is currently seeking to take Taiwan, because in their view the war between them has never really been over.
      Exactly!

• scott steiner wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

scott steiner wrote:

Because we want accurate information in the game.... Im sure we would piss a lot of people off if we made Ukraine part of Russia. It wouldnt be accurate to do it, but who the Hell cares? Lets go ahead and make all of Ukraine part of Russia if accuracy doesn't matter
      Did you recently fall a significant distance onto your head on a concrete floor?

Because you are raging absurdity, all huff and puff with this "I'm so serious" and "Ukraine-Russia" nonsense.

Let me be clearer: This is a war game with some simulation aspects. It is not a simulator. There are so many inaccuracies vs Real Life, it boggles the mind. Teleporting planes, wrong unit graphics, planes that can patrol forever, etc. etc. and THIS is the hill you chose to die on for accuracy????

Nobody cares about those repressive taliban cavemen, nor whatever diaper they are using as a flag. It's not a government, it's the barbarians that came thru the gate and are occupying the country. They don't count.
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Dealer of Death wrote:

Did you recently fall a significant distance onto your head on a concrete floor?
      No need for the aggression

scott steiner wrote:

It isn't a top priority right now, and it's a grey area. We aim for realism, but as others have pointed out we're a game and we'd like to keep it that way.
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

The post was edited 1 time, last by Yak ().

• scott steiner wrote:

io be wery ironic and say it at wery nongently

it some like zou want that dorado change map on all map becose sure ukrajine havent s bordee like be on map yes .. or may be zou are in personal feel with taliban or afganistan .. trust me it sure there be soem player with personal feel on where is now border between russia and ukrajine so

before something write try read in memoar what is go in map staff shit on game mechanic and bug so or management so did zou thing that thez care about some flag .. be happz that not put skull like on nonexist state .. death land ..
    • Yak wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

No need for the aggression
      It wasn't aggression, it was incredulity searching desperately for a plausible explanation.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Andilek7319 wrote:

io be wery ironic and say it at wery nongently
      it some like zou want that dorado change map on all map becose sure ukrajine havent s bordee like be on map yes .. or may be zou are in personal feel with taliban or afganistan .. trust me it sure there be soem player with personal feel on where is now border between russia and ukrajine so

before something write try read in memoar what is go in map staff shit on game mechanic and bug so or management so did zou thing that thez care about some flag .. be happz that not put skull like on nonexist state .. death land ..
      ukrajine?

cant tell what this b is sayin
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • Anna Jija wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Nobody cares about those repressive taliban cavemen, nor whatever diaper they are using as a flag.
      can u post ti
      I have no desire to give it even that much legitimacy, even for you.
      The KING of CoN News!!!