PSA: UPGRADING THE SERVICES

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• PSA: UPGRADING THE SERVICES

Dear Players,

As of late, we've seen an unprecedented number of players take up Conflict of Nations, and other games belonging to our sister company, Bytro.

While this is indeed a very welcome addition, we very quickly needed to shift our day-to-day operations to cater to the sheer volume of demand. From early on in March we have had the Developers monitor the situation day and night, and will continue to do so even after we have the developments outlined below. Particularly, what is affecting the game so much is the concurrent requests and demands taking place at peak hours of activity. We have been scaling the backend services as much as possible, but there are roadblocks that we could not have planned for.
      All this being said we are taking this in strides and using it as an opportunity to do right by the players and community. We are overhauling much of the underlying functionality which will provide better service all-round.

As it stands, we have a number of high-priority changes which will make their way into the game in the coming weeks:
      • Game creation: This system is responsible for spawning games and handling the funneling process of new players into their tutorial games. We are seeing this system cause a heavy strain with the scale of players. This task is marked as critical in terms of priority and planned for a complete overhaul.
      • Game updates: Ingame commands and game status need to be polled and updated on a regular basis. We are seeing high processing costs here which can be cut without player interference. This is a high-priority task that is planned for a rework for better efficiency.- Multithreading: In layman's terms - currently our server infrastructure and game are not optimized to utilize concurrent player requests/commands in a particularly efficient manner. We are revisiting the approach taken and marking this as a high-priority task for rework to better cater to parallel user requests.
      • Call prioritizations: In cases where concurrent player requests come through as noted above, we are working further to make sure that these player requests are prioritized in order of importance. This is a high-priority task.
      • Push Notifications, Research: With the amount of strain on our servers and web calls, a traffic jam occurs. A single-action such as Push Notifications to your phone will create an incredible traffic jam on the services. For the time being, we have disabled or tweaked some of the functionality like Push Notifications, but other game functionalities such as the Research tree criteria and other linked items cannot be disabled. We have a number of tweaks and changes planned for this High priority task to cater for ever-growing game and activity.

Dorado is working closely with Bytro to get these updates out to you as soon as possible. Right now we have an estimated date of 3 - 4 weeks until all the above can be injected into the game, but we will be adding the above changes to the game as soon as they are individually available - so improvements will take place gradually over these weeks, starting from tomorrow. In any case, we will keep the community informed on any intel as soon as we receive it.

We wholeheartedly apologize for the subpar performance of the game in recent days. Believe us when we take no joy in seeing players encounter roadblocks to playing the game they've come to know and love. Our promise is to improve it as soon as possible and is our absolute, utmost priority right now above all.
    • The not fixed Blackscreen issue is still a punch in the pan. This issue exists about two years now. It renders the whole playability on Mobile to zero. Almost every feedback in the Google Play Store covers this blackscreen issue. There is no reaction at all from the developer team of Dorado to why this blackscreen issue exists, whether there is a workaround, how the progress on a fix is going and when it it scheduled to be realesed. It is a miracle how this Mobile App can have slighty above 4 stars on average rating; probably Dorade wrote benefical ratings for themselves or they requested deletion of non benefical feedbacks.

If you want to apologies for something then for beeing the most anti-player company in the entire universe. Zero communication about fixing the issue, no roadmap for fixing the issue. Your communication is simply not present. It is really outrageous taunt that YOU wnat to apologies for the subpar perfomance of the game. That is bare mockery.

@Aquela: Yes, you can delete my posts. But you cannot erase the truth is contains.
    • Given that many players can barely login, if at all, for days on end, the sensible thing would be just suspend all games until they can be played without these severe disruptions.
      With a random fraction of warring parties prevented from controlling their forces, it makes no sense to let continue.

For example: I got an especially unfortunate case of an alliance challenge that started about 5 days ago. The last time I was able to do anything meaningful was back on Day2. Meanwhile some of my teammates could get some playing time periods, some could not - and we do not know how our opponents are affected. So the whole thing deteriorated to a senseless mess.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player

The post was edited 2 times, last by Zozo001 ().

• Nice to know.... but can you fix THIS issue with the maps not loading up for hours on end? It's not my PC or internet service, as both are running awesome for anything and everything else I could possibly want to do, even restarted my system just to see if that helps. Been like this every day for about a month, luckily I am not in an Alliance Challenge right now, that would be extremely devastating.

**EDIT: I can see the notification popups on the screen of my lands being taken, however obviously I can't do anything about it**
      Files

The post was edited 1 time, last by MCRK ().

• MCRK wrote:

Anna Jija wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Great; but how about hold off on upgrading new games if cant support current. maybe coincidence but odd new games listed first.
      thats probs why they postponed the new map
      It still shows "New" maps popping up filling up with players like normal. Not that I can actually JOIN one, but apparently some people are lol
      depends on what country you are in
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • Hi all,

All of the changes noted in my original post are with the intention of completely fixing the issues you have all been experiencing.

@FeedbackAccount I can assure you that we prefer to spend our time doing much more valuable tasks, such as improving the game, engaging with the CoNmunity, and collecting feedback. We don't post reviews on our own App ourselves, but we reply to them ;)

I can see most of you are mentioning the fact that you are not able to connect to your games - which is exactly what we are addressing with our planned improvements noted above. All of those tasks are with the sole intention of making the game available for everyone at all times.

At the moment, we are aware that some US players are not able to access the game at certain times of the day, however, the good side is that a good portion of players is experiencing fewer and fewer issues according to our data. We will obviously continue monitoring the effect of our fixes.

Terribly sorry for the issues guys - the team is actively working on it.
    • I for one am just happy to hear an update and the issues being addressed. Let's cut them a little slack, it's easy to get upset when the game doesn't work, but how often do we thank them for when it does?

Big picture...
      CDR Crimson
      Founder of The Militia Collective

Training and Screening Hub, New Players or Existing: Come Find your perfect Alliance here!

Join Our Discord !
    • FeedbackAccount wrote:

The not fixed Blackscreen issue is still a punch in the pan. This issue exists about two years now. It renders the whole playability on Mobile to zero. Almost every feedback in the Google Play Store covers this blackscreen issue. There is no reaction at all from the developer team of Dorado to why this blackscreen issue exists, whether there is a workaround, how the progress on a fix is going and when it it scheduled to be realesed. It is a miracle how this Mobile App can have slighty above 4 stars on average rating; probably Dorade wrote benefical ratings for themselves or they requested deletion of non benefical feedbacks.

If you want to apologies for something then for beeing the most anti-player company in the entire universe. Zero communication about fixing the issue, no roadmap for fixing the issue. Your communication is simply not present. It is really outrageous taunt that YOU wnat to apologies for the subpar perfomance of the game. That is bare mockery.

@Aquela: Yes, you can delete my posts. But you cannot erase the truth is contains.

MCRK wrote:

Nice to know.... but can you fix THIS issue with the maps not loading up for hours on end? It's not my PC or internet service, as both are running awesome for anything and everything else I could possibly want to do, even restarted my system just to see if that helps. Been like this every day for about a month, luckily I am not in an Alliance Challenge right now, that would be extremely devastating.

**EDIT: I can see the notification popups on the screen of my lands being taken, however obviously I can't do anything about it**

guys it simply how do it that not be this

1) you invest more in your device
      2)dorato or bytes invest in server and conectivity

3)change whole code from DNA game to to not be so huge impack on memory and procesor ..

just probably

1)you havent some milion for buy new pc or mobile

2)did you see any game company taht do it before game almost realy be on point like when you go buy it in shop some sale ... that probably you die in shop by run on sale so many people .. or in front before shop becose becoem frozen in winter or in sumer from dehydration becose to be in front on number between 1000 till 5000 you need be before door of this shop 2 week early ..

3) that is almost imposible .. becose that change .. be some like make new game .. may be cheaper ..