Troop selection at the start of the game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Troop selection at the start of the game

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

So currently everyone starts with motorised infantry and one air superiority, 2 recon tanks and one artillery.

Infantry is mandatory in the game to capture territories but why do we have to start with motorised infantry. It makes you have to use them for every game because of cost to investment. so it better to upgrade them.

If we could pick between, Marines, airborne and national gaurd aswell, just split the resources and then pick 2 of 3 between corvette, towered artillery and air superiority, then pick recon tank or uav then that would improve investment and stategy at the start would be better IMO.

currently you have to kill of your unused infantry by aggression or leave them home to do nothing as med to late game they don't fit in the upgrade you wanted.
    • Teburu wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Heck Chess would be a better game if we could pick our pieces.

If I could decide to trade in my pawns for 2 - 3 queens and a few bishops that would be swell.
      And then you lose to the guy executing the intercontinental ballistic missile gambit; classic rookie mistake
      The splash damage might snag a pawn if you time it just right
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • Teburu wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

If I could decide to trade in my pawns for 2 - 3 queens and a few bishops that would be swell.
      And then you lose to the guy executing the intercontinental ballistic missile gambit; classic rookie mistake

Comparing chess to this isn't bad, it
      would be worth nearly one queen for all the pawns as queen worth around 9 points. not sure you would trade most of the pawns in and something else for another queen. You would have no king protection.

In this though it would be something like instead of 10 motorised infantry you can have 5 marines or 6 airborne or 12 national gaurd instead. More choices the better stategy. It's not making you stronger by picking marines as you have less of them worth the same in resources.
    • gamingguru wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Comparing chess to this isn't bad, it
      would be worth nearly one queen for all the pawns as queen worth around 9 points. not sure you would trade most of the pawns in and something else for another queen. You would have no king protection.

In this though it would be something like instead of 10 motorised infantry you can have 5 marines or 6 airborne or 12 national gaurd instead. More choices the better stategy. It's not making you stronger by picking marines as you have less of them worth the same in resources.
      well reason why marines take like navy 2 / army 3 or 4 builds to produce and still not worth the cost. And Infantry really not designed to conqur on there own. I use my on front line and hardly ever lose them. starting units need to be limited to what you can build Day 1. Reason for fast research / builds of starting units.

Now i think USA on mideast map started with Marines and navy/army bases. But virtually no country but 3 military outposts spread around the map.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • ypu are so experince but q is about start force not what you produce on day 1...

so first is there a little more

is map where you start with bunker in capital ,is map where you start with 1 artilery and yes by number city you have infatry and some reecon car ( that isn tank .. )

i agree that be nice swap like for me to have 3 infatry and more reecon car becose im mostly ofensive wery in public game and on infatry u just look like on tool that conqered city and is cheap to hold insurgent so yes national guard si way ( becose tioll i have decide to have it some suport unit im not need builc any army base .. that cost resource .. )

so simpyl start unit in some way day in first day if survive yes is wery anoying becose eat resource and yes itz so low tier that is problem transport that unit ..

how i say i would be much more happy if dorado make city defensive point just for gameplay ( like taht isnt be posible capturče city just by one batalion .. ) just in reality try loéok how in any major city almost evry nation arrive any army batalion and that people in city not be scared and start fight with this one batalion im sure yes many people die .. but that batalion be fianly nothing capture just die )

like that city have much more defence on air not active but pasisve and ground unit ( sopmething like litle much more powerfull national guard but isnt movable from city .. ) for gameply be much more better

simpyl i have so many "wictory to enemy state that i just pass his force and rush in his empty city ,with know it that i have ship wall ,already recruit new unit home . or have fleet and why fight with my income if i may fight with enemy unit with income from that enemy city ..

but yep probably not so many player realy want play strategy game where prepare eat much more time than final battle ..