What's your favorite stealth unit?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tom_Cruise wrote:

Special Forces.

Stealth fighters/bombers take a lot of resources which isn't worth it.
      Not to bad actually. I am building stealth sf this game just because of this thread. I already had Airbase 3 for naval patrol so 2 extra builds and id probably add sec lab eventually. The stats of Stealth SF was bigger selling pt than stealth itself.

automatically 900 mile range; CM capable and 11 soft/hard versus level 7 SF and better in air combat. Plus as works out one of main competitors looks to have heavy air supp.. so can get in and out. agree stealth bombers a lot as dont do heavy bombers so would be waisting 4 or 5 researches
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • I have had people hand me my a$$ with stealth planes . I was amazed at first when I could not find them but it was a learning experience. Thankfully I have not had many people use them against me. So far 8o
      "Retreat hell! We're not retreating ..we're just advancing in a different direction." General Oliver Smith USMC
    • bobqz wrote:

I am curious about special forces too. I have never used them but I don't think they can take territory so I was wondering about people using them. How do you use them with other units ?
      Umm, yeah, ... me too. You see, I've built them before, but I can't say I've ever found a real purpose for them. I've heard the argument they are cheap stealth, but really are they? They cost more components than an elite chopper, almost twice the manpower, almost half the electronics, and OK well less in cash, but who doesn't have piles of cash?

So, they can't take land, ... so, ... kill? Well, they aren't real good at that for the bang for the buck there either. I mean the mech and naval inf are better that it at killin'. So, ... scouting? Well, I'm thinking I'd get more useful info and have the ability to change it's position a lot more, not to mention greater coverage with a radar or AWACS. And is the exact unit composition even necessary? Oh nice, sure, but necessary?

So what? Attack Airfields? My CRV's will light them up for anything I got.

I just don't know what to do with them, so I don't use 'em.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • simply is not bad used when your enmy is near you and you jump there by helicopter ( that special force is stealth in taht heli ..)

or simply move near enemy spot to see streng ( that is almost whole point used any scout unit .. )

diference is just UAV is stealth on max ( and before it easy shoot down and isnt be posible scout soem place where fly any aiplane that you have war .. so special force is tool on that ) and taht situation is realy so little chance that hapens .. becose some work may do reecon car just isnt stealth so if im havent war with taht target simply used uav .. if have war it posible used reecon ..

so that is
    • nope, don't use them with other regular unit. let them do specific job like scouting the path. watch over specific air base at enemy territory. Engage SAM/ TDS / Air unit when they are not defended with other unit and move out to mist for another opportunity. That's how they works. They are special force. Use them for special purpose. Or else it's gonna be a heart break. ;(
      Have fun, nothing personal.
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

bobqz wrote:

I am curious about special forces too. I have never used them but I don't think they can take territory so I was wondering about people using them. How do you use them with other units ?
      Umm, yeah, ... me too. You see, I've built them before, but I can't say I've ever found a real purpose for them. I've heard the argument they are cheap stealth, but really are they? They cost more components than an elite chopper, almost twice the manpower, almost half the electronics, and OK well less in cash, but who doesn't have piles of cash?
      So, they can't take land, ... so, ... kill? Well, they aren't real good at that for the bang for the buck there either. I mean the mech and naval inf are better that it at killin'. So, ... scouting? Well, I'm thinking I'd get more useful info and have the ability to change it's position a lot more, not to mention greater coverage with a radar or AWACS. And is the exact unit composition even necessary? Oh nice, sure, but necessary?

So what? Attack Airfields? My CRV's will light them up for anything I got.

I just don't know what to do with them, so I don't use 'em.
      I usually use them for 2 things. Either to support my tank destroyers and help kill infantry, or send them into enemy territory. Usually later in game, my enemy will have TDS and SAMs in their capital + homeland cities to defend against missiles and aerial attacks. I use Spec Ops to kill em, then bomb the city back to the stone age.
      All Shall Eventually Fall
    • I noticed my team mate uses them to go way deep into enemy territory to destroy units. But they don't take the territory so then he has to use other units to capture the land/cities. I am impressed with their strength but am at a loss how to capitalize on that combat strength. Somehow he pulls it off , but then again all his units are maxed out . He even somehow destroys naval and air units with them but he has officers in the stack too.
      "Retreat hell! We're not retreating ..we're just advancing in a different direction." General Oliver Smith USMC
    • The few times I used them it was to either scout or assassinate parking aircraft; do keep in mind that they come with stealth and air assault right from the very beginning (and I think air assaulting has the same speed as drones?) compared to drones who get it only pretty late. Them not being able to capture land is IMO not that big of a deal because that's basically any combat unit in a nutshell.
      Tho I have to admit that their use in public matches is pretty limited because similar to helis its usefulness comes from the other guy actually doing a bit more then just Inf, Tanks and Strikefighters.
      IIRC you can make a pretty high dmg stack with it which basically amounts to a moving nuke (300 soft dmg I think?) but frankly that still means they will take a lot of damage from bigger stacks so eh not really that convinced of it myself.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Andilek7319 wrote:

simply is not bad used when your enmy is near you and you jump there by helicopter ( that special force is stealth in taht heli ..)

or simply move near enemy spot to see streng ( that is almost whole point used any scout unit .. )

diference is just UAV is stealth on max ( and before it easy shoot down and isnt be posible scout soem place where fly any aiplane that you have war .. so special force is tool on that ) and taht situation is realy so little chance that hapens .. becose some work may do reecon car just isnt stealth so if im havent war with taht target simply used uav .. if have war it posible used reecon ..

so that is
      No, both of them are h-lv stealth and can scout, but ssf just has more hp/atk power, especially at higher levels; uav can be easy shot down by 1 aa

I mean ssf can also be shot down, but would take some high lvl aa to do so, depending on lvl
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

Well you know me...I am a heli guy...so its Elite helis for.me...i tried to.get a lvl 7 fixed wing general.for.my workshop thread.but sadly my games never reach endgame...always end with total conquest around day 25...
      You know Kurt, you don't HAVE to win as fast as you can. Get a lead, and screw around a bit.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • CDRCrimson42 wrote:

Gotta go with Stealth UAV or classic Spec Ops. Underrated.
      I had a guy use Spec ops to defeat me in a game last week. It interrupted my 5-game win streak, but the player was Level 152, so no biggie. Guess you can't win em all ;)
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Anna Jija wrote:

No, both of them are h-lv stealth and can scout, but ssf just has more hp/atk power, especially at higher levels; uav can be easy shot down by 1 aa
      I mean ssf can also be shot down, but would take some high lvl aa to do so, depending on lvl
      I like to have a few SAMs around in case this happens... don't like focusing on one front and have someone surprise attack with SSFs. It happened to me once, but I learned my lesson.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Anna Jija wrote:

Andilek7319 wrote:

simply is not bad used when your enmy is near you and you jump there by helicopter ( that special force is stealth in taht heli ..)

so that is
      missed point big point ..

i dont want stealth uav or special force to atack but too see directly streng enemy without he know it that i know it

for spy look or atack how i say i used stealth striker .. but stealth bomber is much more funny tool range on atack 5000 .. so almsot it posible set fly on target from homeland ( to return in city with hospital 5..) and travel time it posible help with manage atack ( becose fly so long that i may sleep or work adn see it how it work if i have loose on hp or unit and simply swap target or cancel ..

secondary uav may fire cruised misisle . on max tier be posible used wipe insurgent or kill zombie

and most striker fighter have range 900 .. uva 3000 so realy stalth striker or fighter is bad spy by just simply not fly where is need and for simply know it what is that unit or where is it i may simply dispacthc any airplane just it enemy see it so simply lost it may be

so why lvl up striker on lvl 4 to posibility reseach it build airport lvl 5 if i want spy unit that need just airport 1.on lvl 1 is cheap recruit and simply just invest in reseach .. and yep on apocalypse map is posible tool fire nuclear cruised missile .. early in game .. that is realy more than dispacth some special force to try kill some airplane on airport i may shoot misile and destroy that aiport ( and used basic army to kill it)

so it depence on why you want from that unit that you want stealth it some like i almost never used fighter planre becose for me is defence tool not offence andf isnt help with destabilized enemy ... by destroy him infrastructure it just may give me posibility conqer sky .. till somebody strike my airport and im lostr that sky ..

so many way many strategy .. and yes some is basic way that used many player and is many way that isnt basic and not mnay player used

and it is some posibility that some unit may do it briliant work .. ( like how ma ytime im win sped map just by reseach airborne ..) and jump in enemy capital city adn seriously almost win that map by have that unit ..

so realy isnt be way with is best it only your way how you play ..