Playing a different game style than normal.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Playing a different game style than normal.

OK, so I'm playing a Flashpoint map game with my young Padawan, with me as Germany, and my protégé as Italy, and we are the New Axis coalition. Now normally, I'd just expand on out at maximum speed (that is still defensible) and in just a few days, all the noobs would get intimidated and quit.

THIS GAME, I'm slowly conquering while devoting most of my efforts into making my Homeland secure while concentrating heavily on resource production.

So far, this seems more fun. I get to watch my protégé go, not as many quit as usual, and I'm on day 8 with at least 11 active players BESIDES me and my Padawan.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Anna Jija wrote:

can i have the game id this sounds like fun

also to see how good you really are dod
      well, this style especially doesn't demonstrate my skills, but ok 5008328
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Im playing Japan for first time and going well... but going into China takes forever and those big / slow prov do not fit my style; plus he was at war with Russia and ran north. Damn some of those prov. you would have to build an airfield every prov.

Have front pushed to edge of europe but now trying to get Anti tanks there takes 2 days ;( well down to one day with a logistics highway.

Have second set of units taking phil and indoneasia, which fits my navy / air style.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Im playing Japan for first time and going well... but going into China takes forever and those big / slow prov do not fit my style; plus he was at war with Russia and ran north. Damn some of those prov. you would have to build an airfield every prov.

Have front pushed to edge of europe but now trying to get Anti tanks there takes 2 days ;( well down to one day with a logistics highway.

Have second set of units taking phil and indoneasia, which fits my navy / air style.
      i usually do europe or africa cuz of big provs like those
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • Anna Jija wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Im playing Japan for first time and going well... but going into China takes forever and those big / slow prov do not fit my style; plus he was at war with Russia and ran north. Damn some of those prov. you would have to build an airfield every prov.

hate them... damn 1 day to get across one mtn prov. heck I could sail half way around the worked in a day ;) I really hate The congo region in africa too; one game I felt like I would never reach the coast;same with brazil rain forest.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

Anna Jija wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

hate them... damn 1 day to get across one mtn prov. heck I could sail half way around the worked in a day ;) I really hate The congo region in africa too; one game I felt like I would never reach the coast;same with brazil rain forest.
      Oh yeah, stay away from the Congo. But other African countries (Chad, Mozambique, Mali) should be fine.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Anna Jija wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

I love a good challenge.
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

OK, so I'm playing a Flashpoint map game with my young Padawan, with me as Germany, and my protégé as Italy, and we are the New Axis coalition. Now normally, I'd just expand on out at maximum speed (that is still defensible) and in just a few days, all the noobs would get intimidated and quit.

THIS GAME, I'm slowly conquering while devoting most of my efforts into making my Homeland secure while concentrating heavily on resource production.

So far, this seems more fun. I get to watch my protégé go, not as many quit as usual, and I'm on day 8 with at least 11 active players BESIDES me and my Padawan.
      I wish more games were like this. Focus on defensive playing with heavy resource investment. Imagine if every country did this. I just want one game like that. The fights would be intense and fun instead of speedrunning every time.
      CDR Crimson
      Founder of The Militia Collective

Training and Screening Hub, New Players or Existing: Come Find your perfect Alliance here!

Join Our Discord !
    • screw that.. in boxing match how exciting would it be if both fighters sat back in corner resting and building strength for a few weeks.

you take the fight to them and knock them out. Strike first .. strike.. hard.. no mercy

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

screw that.. in boxing match how exciting would it be if both fighters sat back in corner resting and building strength for a few weeks.

you take the fight to them and knock them out. Strike first .. strike.. hard.. no mercy
      Oi Buckeye, I appreciate that you are a good speedrunner, but this isn't COD. I wish they had separate lobbies for our different playstyles.
      CDR Crimson

Training and Screening Hub, New Players or Existing: Come Find your perfect Alliance here!

Join Our Discord !
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

naw.. good as is when you are building for day 60 ill take you out day 25 ;) I take out potential
      threats before they can actually pose a threat.
      You’re the exact kind of player I drop to gold to wipe. The last thought you have before archiving that game as a loss will be, “damn I shouldn’t have been such a speedrunning spazz” :D

Maybe one day you’ll learn to enjoy the game as it was intended.
      CDR Crimson

Join Our Discord !
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

screw that.. in boxing match how exciting would it be if both fighters sat back in corner resting and building strength for a few weeks.

Well, like I said, I'm playing differently, this game really isn't about me, I've slipped from 1st to 3rd in the last few days, but I'm confident I could wipe anyone and everyone on the map by myself, but I'm training a Padawan

For example, I'm the only one that even HAS a navy
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Well, like I said, I'm playing differently, this game really isn't about me, I've slipped from 1st to 3rd in the last few days, but I'm confident I could wipe anyone and everyone on the map by myself, but I'm training a Padawan
      For example, I'm the only one that even HAS a navy
      watch out RUSSIA, dod come bombard your shit
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija