Alien Invasion Gamemode/Map

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Alien Invasion Gamemode/Map

So we have a WWZ game mode so I think we should have an alien invasion game mode,
      It would be a realistic game mode, where countries start with the units they have in real life, and they start off with a certain level of research.
      I think that only the 30 most important nations on the world stage should be playable.
      It could also be a possibility that nuclear-armed nations start off with nukes ready.

It would be an independence day scenario where the Aliens are trying to wipe off as many cities as possible, and when they reach that total they win.

Alien technology would be stronger than that of human tech, there would be alien versions of these units:
      All the Officers,
      All the missiles,
      Stealth Air Superiority and Strike Fighters,
      Stealth Bombers,
      Tanks,
      Anti Tanks,
      Infantry
      Aircraft carriers, corvettes, and Cruisers

Feel Free to criticize.
    • I really like the idea, specially the Aliens being playable. They will most likley be OP so you would need to be lvl 20 or something to be able to play as them. Also, where could it be the aliens homeland? Maybe the place where they landed or something like that.

Anyway, as for their naval units, I think it would look weird they having "boats". Maybe they would be able to research "mother ships" as a mean of a carrier that will work like the helicarrier from the avengers movie and fly over sea and land coz well aliens, and instead of cruisers or destroyers and that stuff they could have capital ships and other space ship-things to fill that naval requirement. It may sound op but again, aliens. I would also love to see them having a weapon like the one used in Independence Day, that would be sick.

Overall, I think it's a good idea and, well executed, it could give us a very interesting game mode
    • Killiam07 wrote:

I agree with you. Tanks could be big creature with cannons in their body. Like the Pokémon blastoise. Aircrafts could be some kind of saucer
      I will quit immediately if I see anything Pokémon like things in this game.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Killiam07 wrote:

I agree with you. Tanks could be big creature with cannons in their body. Like the Pokémon blastoise. Aircrafts could be some kind of saucer
      I will quit immediately if I see anything Pokémon like things in this game.
      me too

nobody likes pokemon (anymore)
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • Killiam07 wrote:

Well, I think that adding creatures and stuff like that its going far out of rails. I mean, a futuristic alien tank would be ok I guess, at the end its, in a way, something related to a modern battlefield set. But actual alien creatures and stuff it feels more like fantasy fest than grounded war. On the other hand, the flying saucers as alien aircrafts sound sick
    • So, kind of like the WWZ map (petition: Halloween year-round!)

I guess the aliens could spawn randomly, similar to insurgents, but would target cities with high population (assuming the aliens have brains and know more people = more resources). I like your idea about ramped-up versions of existing units, but why would aliens be building the same weapons as Earthlings? Maybe create 4-5 "alien units", but don't recruit me for that job. Maybe contact a Star Wars buff of someone.

Here are my summed-up suggestions:
      • Aliens spawn randomly. Any city has a chance of an alien spawn, but that chance would increase as the city's population level increases (for example, a level 3 city could have a 5% spawn chance while a level 8 city can have a 50% spawn chance).
      • A building that can be built in cities only (can't think of a name yet though) that can reduce the chance of alien spawns in that city. Maybe have this building have 3 levels, and each level further reduces the chance of spawns.
      • New Alien Units (see this list):
        • Basic Ground (50% of all alien spawns, stats about equivalent to a lvl 4 mot. inf)
        • Advanced Ground (10% of all alien spawns, stats a little better than the lvl 7 mot. inf)
        • Armor (20% of all alien spawns, stats about equivalent to a lvl 4 MBT)
        • Tactical Bomber (10% of all alien spawns, can only spawn in a city with an airbase, stats about equal to a lvl 4 SF)
        • AASF (Alien ASF) (10% of all alien spawns, can only spawn in a city with an airbase, stats about equal to a lvl 4 ASF)
        • Naval (50% chance of spawning in a port city where an alien ground unit just spawned, stats about equal to a lvl 4 frigate)
      Please let me know if you would like me to elaborate more on these ideas.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Tifo_14 wrote:

So, kind of like the WWZ map (petition: Halloween year-round!)

I guess the aliens could spawn randomly, similar to insurgents, but would target cities with high population (assuming the aliens have brains and know more people = more resources). I like your idea about ramped-up versions of existing units, but why would aliens be building the same weapons as Earthlings? Maybe create 4-5 "alien units", but don't recruit me for that job. Maybe contact a Star Wars buff of someone.

• Aliens spawn randomly. Any city has a chance of an alien spawn, but that chance would increase as the city's population level increases (for example, a level 3 city could have a 5% spawn chance while a level 8 city can have a 50% spawn chance).
      • A building that can be built in cities only (can't think of a name yet though) that can reduce the chance of alien spawns in that city. Maybe have this building have 3 levels, and each level further reduces the chance of spawns.
        • Basic Ground (50% of all alien spawns, stats about equivalent to a lvl 4 mot. inf)
        • Advanced Ground (10% of all alien spawns, stats a little better than the lvl 7 mot. inf)
        • Tactical Bomber (10% of all alien spawns, can only spawn in a city with an airbase, stats about equal to a lvl 4 SF)
        • AASF (Alien ASF) (10% of all alien spawns, can only spawn in a city with an airbase, stats about equal to a lvl 4 ASF)
        • Naval (50% chance of spawning in a port city where an alien ground unit just spawned, stats about equal to a lvl 4 frigate)
      like this idea, but

LEGACY CODE strikes again!
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • Anna Jija wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

like this idea, but
      LEGACY CODE strikes again!
      hey thats my quote
      I may or may not exist
    • Zaktty wrote:

No offence, but if you like the suggestion please like, that way it could get pinned
      Awwww, your optimism is so cute!
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Tifo_14 wrote:

Nah, I like the idea of the aliens being playable better. This sound kinda cool too, I guess, but it also is like a fancier rehash of the WWZ map only with more things throw at it.

Instead, with the aliens being playable you have a world of posibilites. You can make the aliens have their own "homeland", somethin like the place where they landed, aka and "island" in the middle of the pacific ocean or something like that

As for the units sake, its not that they have to be the same as the earth ones, but to be equivalent to each one. That will make it easier for the devs in case they choose some day go along with this idea. Think of it in this way, the "aliens" would be nothing more than a new faction/doctrine (along western, easter, european) only avalible for one player per game and with op stats. Actually, the alien thing its at the end just a trope. It could be really anithing from aliens to, lets says, futuristic nazis coming from their bases on the moon or the antartica, like that one movie Iron Skies, thing that sounds really cool too if you think about it.

As for the rest of the world/countries, they could all be allies against the threat of the aliens/Obernazis/whatever other world joinnign menace you can think about. So, the rest of the countries wouldnt be able to fight among themselves but to join forces against their common enemy, that of course have to be OP af for that to work as its on the movies with that kind of settings. It may seem like too far fetched but I think thats the only way making this idea work as intended. Making the aliens spawn like the zombies or the insurgents will just make the game as regular as the ones we know so far, or at least thats what I think it will happen, I could be wrong dont know, its just an idea at the end of the day
    • I still don't think this would be as fun as my previously suggested giant Kaiju mode with giant robots for players to combat ala Pacific Rim.
      The KING of CoN News!!!