Skill Based Matchmaking

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Skill Based Matchmaking

I am nearly finished with my first game and I haven’t joined any others because I wanted to get the hang of it before I joined another game. I assume the first game puts you with other new players which is probably why I am going to win, but when I go to join a new game is it a free for all or will I be matched against players with a similar level/stats as me. If I am joining a game where there could be very advanced players then my strategy would be different than a game with similar level players.
    • Teburu wrote:

There is no sort of matchmaking.
      The only thing coming close to that is that new players are placed on flashpoint or bg USA maps by default.
      Thanks I appreciate it. I’m definitely gonna be a lot more cautious and defensive the next game I join lol I’ve had it extremely easy in bg USA with the other beginners so I’m most likely going to be humbled and get smoked in the first real game I join hahaha.
    • Gue Drini wrote:

Teburu wrote:

The only thing coming close to that is that new players are placed on flashpoint or bg USA maps by default.
      Thanks I appreciate it. I’m definitely gonna be a lot more cautious and defensive the next game I join lol I’ve had it extremely easy in bg USA with the other beginners so I’m most likely going to be humbled and get smoked in the first real game I join hahaha.
      Most likely 80 pct quit and you have been playing against AI; which is almost hard to lose too. After 2 days inactive computer takes over for countries.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Gue Drini wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Most likely 80 pct quit and you have been playing against AI; which is almost hard to lose too. After 2 days inactive computer takes over for countries.
      on most maps its 3 days

plus extra day to leave coalition
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Gue Drini wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Definitely a lot of people quit. At the beginning I joined a coalition and us 3 and I think 2 other enemy states are left everyone else is AI. It kind of sucks cause going into an actual game is going to be extremely different from this so it’s not even really a practice run and it’s gonna take a couple games of getting annihilated to really get the hang of it
    • CDRCrimson42 wrote:

Skill based matchmaking is a great theory until you realize 80% of players quit after the first 3 days and this will never be possible until that changes. Find an alliance with similar skills and challenge them.
      Developers should in my opinion implement rank threshold for some games, say rank 30+ for example. So that you do not end up with 80% of bad/new players(mostly user####) who quit on day 1. The games nowadays are super boring and easy to win most of the time, unless you are lucky to get a decent matchup.
    • Rapt0ris wrote:

CDRCrimson42 wrote:

Skill based matchmaking is a great theory until you realize 80% of players quit after the first 3 days and this will never be possible until that changes. Find an alliance with similar skills and challenge them.
      Developers should in my opinion implement rank threshold for some games, say rank 30+ for example. So that you do not end up with 80% of bad/new players(mostly user####) who quit on day 1. The games nowadays are super boring and easy to win most of the time, unless you are lucky to get a decent matchup.
      And that would only create even more dead lobbies.

A better thing to implement would be turning off guest accounts. This is a popular game and people visit the website, jump in a game with ZERO email or login info and are able to join games all the same. It really is no wonder that lobbies are dead with guest accounts everywhere. Making people have an email and password to play the game would be a major step forward.
      CDR Crimson
      Founder of The Militia Collective

Training and Screening Hub, New Players or Existing: Come Find your perfect Alliance here!

Join Our Discord !
    • Killiam07 wrote:

CDRCrimson42 wrote:

still waiting for that in red dawn crimson
      Send me a DM
      CDR Crimson
      Founder of The Militia Collective

Training and Screening Hub, New Players or Existing: Come Find your perfect Alliance here!

Join Our Discord !