Red v Blue - 5 Day Review

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Red v Blue - 5 Day Review

Concept is Interesting and setup basically NATO Friendly Countries versus Russia friendly Countries (Interesting they left Ukraine a Neutral country).

Cons:
      - 4 x way too fast for this Chaos.
      - Cant select country just team and auto assigned country.
      - Open to Noobs who quit. Pretty much 90 pct of my countries in Asia have went AWOL and worse left their troops in bad places.
      - If they loose territory and you conquer you dont get the territory it goes back to original country who quit. So spending whole time trying to defend others territory.
      - Bunch of kids acted like first sleep over on Coalition chat with random msgs every 5 sec till they quit.
      - Too many countries to try to coordinate anything.

Pros:
      - You see everyones countries on team so can see a lot of battles.
      - Something different but going to ruin my stats ;(

Needs to be higher level Rank min. Its going to be pretty boring when 80 pct AI and you have to watch them lose territory or end up in war with 10 countries
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • -4x speed was always bothering me
      -Inactivity and teammode is the worse thing that can happen: You can not build airfield or bunkers in the allied territory - but the enemie can when he conquered it...so he can easily build up next to you.

So if inactivity drops down to 80% in a 4x speed...whats the real differecne to 50% inactivtiy in a 1x speed game?

The game beeing to slow cant be a valid argument...Go play an ego shooter if you want action. Not a online strategy game.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

-4x speed was always bothering me
      -Inactivity and teammode is the worse thing that can happen: You can not build airfield or bunkers in the allied territory - but the enemie can when he conquered it...so he can easily build up next to you.

So if inactivity drops down to 80% in a 4x speed...whats the real differecne to 50% inactivtiy in a 1x speed game?

The game beeing to slow cant be a valid argument...Go play an ego shooter if you want action. Not a online strategy game.
      Think I may quit my first game in years. This is too frustrating.

Im Landlocked and no one in whole Continent is building any Navy. How do people play / win without Navy? Im Kazikstan and had to start war with Japan to protect them coming into china but without Navy no way to get to him. Now have 3 countries coming into SE Asia, so I have to fight 3 v 1 and even if win get no territory and its going to go back to a AI with no troops that Ill have to defend...not fun.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

Eh, they just decided to launch 4x first. 1x will probably come after they included the feedback they got

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Never encountered that one

Buckeyechamp wrote:

- Open to Noobs who quit. Pretty much 90 pct of my countries in Asia have went AWOL and worse left their troops in bad places.
      Just like any regular public match

Buckeyechamp wrote:

- If they loose territory and you conquer you dont get the territory it goes back to original country who quit. So spending whole time trying to defend others territory.
      That ... is nothing special. Giving back occupied homeland to coa members is a normal mechanic
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

That ... is nothing special. Giving back occupied homeland to coa members is a normal mechanic
      Not when its half the map. Red in Asia 90 pct of mainland asia so no territory to get really.

• let go lets go my team lets go or .. may be doesnt matter my team win becose im in this team ... may be or posible say sure ... ? ¨

prnt.sc/fSgAdDR2DqtB

ingame day 7 ....

yes
      Buckeyechamp you may be isnt be profi player finaly if you are suprised that kazachstan isnt have naval power ... or you are low level in geography or you isnt used head ... yes all is ironic ... NEXT TIME MAKE FOCUS ON PLAY before you choose team .nation ... and witch way you go ... to win.. next time not be suprised that you havent naval port (small advice you have nuclear warheads ... in warehouse ... ) :evil: ?(

and that 4x is too much for chaso no

order is for idiot intelegent manage CHAOS to make from that advantage .. but yes whole point witch probably be reason make thsi test is gone in hell by player inactivity that make realy nonsence make victory for 20 or 30 player by win map becose one safe world .. and decomate oposite team or two or three but never at least 30% of team .. ( like 12 people in one team ... that be realy active player that help his team .. ) max is posible that on map be active 12 player with try help his own team but still 50% mostly help to sacriface myself by nonsence movent of his army ( that is big disadvantage .. i simply conqer third nation by kill about 10 unit at enemy becose mostly i used left move taht enemy on his traget and take his homeladn ... without meat home anybody .. now in third nation it litlle start that i meet army in enemy homeland ( like fro m that 10 unit i kill probaly 6 in that last nations .. and ui state 6 unit ..
    • Sir, this is a Wendy’s.

Andilek7319 wrote:

let go lets go my team lets go or .. may be doesnt matter my team win becose im in this team ... may be or posible say sure ... ? ¨

prnt.sc/fSgAdDR2DqtB

ingame day 7 ....

yes
      Buckeyechamp you may be isnt be profi player finaly if you are suprised that kazachstan isnt have naval power ... or you are low level in geography or you isnt used head ... yes all is ironic ... NEXT TIME MAKE FOCUS ON PLAY before you choose team .nation ... and witch way you go ... to win.. next time not be suprised that you havent naval port (small advice you have nuclear warheads ... in warehouse ... ) :evil: ?(

and that 4x is too much for chaso no

order is for idiot intelegent manage CHAOS to make from that advantage .. but yes whole point witch probably be reason make thsi test is gone in hell by player inactivity that make realy nonsence make victory for 20 or 30 player by win map becose one safe world .. and decomate oposite team or two or three but never at least 30% of team .. ( like 12 people in one team ... that be realy active player that help his team .. ) max is posible that on map be active 12 player with try help his own team but still 50% mostly help to sacriface myself by nonsence movent of his army ( that is big disadvantage .. i simply conqer third nation by kill about 10 unit at enemy becose mostly i used left move taht enemy on his traget and take his homeladn ... without meat home anybody .. now in third nation it litlle start that i meet army in enemy homeland ( like fro m that 10 unit i kill probaly 6 in that last nations .. and ui state 6 unit ..

• Andilek, due to english not being your native language, and your obvious use of google translate, please be aware that it takes a significant brain power to "process" what you write.

It's not a problem, it's not a shame : i'm more than willing to invest the time to try to understand your reasoning and what you want to convey.

However, please, do not add on the difficulty i (we, i would speculate) endure with oversized typo.

Buckeychamp : Your feedback about players going AWOL is sadly a reality of all experiments of this kind, on all games i've played. There is no workaround. Even if those maps had a minimum rank, we both know that "archiving" is the average behaviour for the overwhelming majority of players, as the very first moment there is any kind of hardship.

"I want a wargame but i don't want a war that i could lose if i play badly, and god knows i'm bad"
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Capnhappy wrote:

I'm playing one of these maps too... Interesting idea but poor execution for all the reasons mentioned.
      We are looking forward to hearing all the feedback you have regarding this Map :) Don't hesitate to share details you believe will greatly improve the experience.

shrek6satan wrote:

the problem with this map is that it encourages being incative. At the end of the round, most probably, you're still going to receive some gold. Yeah if you're india most of the responsibilities are up to you but for example uk and countries like that can sit around all match doing nothing and still be there at the end
      I gotta correct you there @shrek6satan.
      Once the system marks you as 'inactive' no matter the position you took on the Leaderboard at the game end, you will not receive the Gold reward. Only players who are active until the end of the game will receive a reward, which is a feature throughout all our Maps, not only Red vs Blue.

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Cons:

Pros:

Needs to be higher level Rank min. Its going to be pretty boring when 80 pct AI and you have to watch them lose territory or end up in war with 10 countries
      You brought up some really good points there :D
      - 1X of Red vs Blue has been suggested by the community, and the team will definitely consider it after we implement the rest of the Feedback on this map.
      - RE: the auto-select feature you mentioned: Players will join in an A, B, A, B fashion. Meaning, the first player picks his team, the second player will be required to pick the other team to ensure there is a balance between the teams.
      - Inactivity is definitely something the team is working on improving long-term, on this map as well as on all available Maps we have. Cheers for mentioning it!
      - You have to be aware of the combat your teammates are engaged in - cooperation is key in this scenario ^^ While I agree it may be overwhelming, it gives an incredible overlook to the whole team and is a better indicator of a short-term.
    • Aquela wrote:

Capnhappy wrote:

I'm playing one of these maps too... Interesting idea but poor execution for all the reasons mentioned.
      We are looking forward to hearing all the feedback you have regarding this Map :) Don't hesitate to share details you believe will greatly improve the experience.

shrek6satan wrote:

the problem with this map is that it encourages being incative. At the end of the round, most probably, you're still going to receive some gold. Yeah if you're india most of the responsibilities are up to you but for example uk and countries like that can sit around all match doing nothing and still be there at the end
      I gotta correct you there @shrek6satan.Once the system marks you as 'inactive' no matter the position you took on the Leaderboard at the game end, you will not receive the Gold reward. Only players who are active until the end of the game will receive a reward, which is a feature throughout all our Maps, not only Red vs Blue.

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Cons:

Pros:

You brought up some really good points there :D - 1X of Red vs Blue has been suggested by the community, and the team will definitely consider it after we implement the rest of the Feedback on this map.
      - RE: the auto-select feature you mentioned: Players will join in an A, B, A, B fashion. Meaning, the first player picks his team, the second player will be required to pick the other team to ensure there is a balance between the teams.
      - Inactivity is definitely something the team is working on improving long-term, on this map as well as on all available Maps we have. Cheers for mentioning it!
      - You have to be aware of the combat your teammates are engaged in - cooperation is key in this scenario ^^ While I agree it may be overwhelming, it gives an incredible overlook to the whole team and is a better indicator of a short-term.
      oh ok I didn't know that thank you for informing me that good point. But still, while it's a good concept I feel like I'm playing against just two or three making the whole team thing meaningless. For example I'm like in day 10 and while playing as germany I feel like pakistan and russia (south sector) are the only actives ones in adversary team while in my team it's only argentina chile and USA (west). And unlike the other games it doesn't feel like a world war since we are mostly confined in our expansion. What would be great was if everyone was active
    • This is very useful, thanks for that Buckeye.

it seems to me that while there is a difference in the dynamic of the game in this mode, the real and key difference is that you cannot conquer territory of inactive people. As that accounts for the vast majority of the territory after day 5, you cannot conquer (or build airports, or...) on a large part of the map (i.e. 80% of your half of the map).

Personally, I'm not generally bothered by inactivity - it happens on both sides, and it just results in you and your enemies getting more territory faster. i.e. a free boost in your resources. I'm cool with that.

But if inactivity = territory you cannot do anything with and doesn't give you any resource, than a large portion of the map becomes just useless... and you are resource-constrained again. And nothing you can do about it.
    • simply conqer enemy teritory and left non cooperate alies slowly die by enemy that buy you time prepared on last battle mostly ok may be your striker not fly on spot that you need but it sure arrive there bomber or your infatry or artilery

key is pick right nations and prepared plan how say if anybody manage win solo on any map this map is much more easy for him

like :

prnt.sc/N0aWNGO3tgnv

ok germany with 25 city fall and who be next .... and seriously nobody from my team realy play is there may be two or three that do something and may be 5 more write in chat but they fall on start or by bullshit movement sacriface army and still doesnt matter my plan have if afrika and after step in europe work properly now im prepared posibility fire nuclear balistic misile if be need and start work on artilery and ship all other till now manage by infatry and 5 striker .. like all other maps just much more easy becose i m isnt need manage whole afrika conqer just some piece and inactive or noobs army protect me from other .. so potencial of this event map is realy zero

The post was edited 2 times, last by Andilek7319 ().

• It is pretty fun when there is an active enemy next to you. I joined as India on Day 6 and I expanded pretty quickly as Pakistan and Afghanistan were offline. Suddenly, 4 days later I get invaded by Myanmar. I have Dhaka annexed and it's a pretty big battle against their well-upgraded infantries and recon vehicles. I don't have a lot of armies left so to defend the river, I sent my entire western force over to try and defend. Luckily, my ally Kenya was there to send in a 5-stack of strike fighters and I won the first battle of Dhaka against all odds. Basically now I am trying to collect myself back up since I only have 1 strike fighter and a shortage of fuel (I like to impulse-buy on the economy over military units for some reason)