Red v Blue - 5 Day Review

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

I think Andi has a Auto Jibberish App. Then random words are generated...lol.

Example:

"The Chair is Against the Wall"...."The Chair is Against the Wall" and Andi's Jibberish app says "The seated four leg thing is near to the square barrier" ...."The butt support is along the house divider"

"John has a long mustach" ...."John has a Long mustach" and out comes "The prostitutes customer has big face hair"...."Mr Cena needs to Shave".
      I think he's using "Goo-goo Translate" instead of "Google Translate"
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • am in my first... and wow.

i mean, it's a different thing altogether. Normally, my routine is: find inactives, use those resources to build tec, use the tec to kill. If you spend a bit of time on diplomacy and ally with the good ones, most of the times there's not even a real good fight. Being objective, normally i go solo - never coordinate with others, because it's a random game and not a real challenge.

But this... it's a totally different experience. Like, in any other game when you read the news, you read of war everywhere. in Red vs Blue, you see it. And you constantly need to make choices: do i push, do i help my ally. You make plans, but then your ally goes inactive. and you help one, while someone else shows up on the other side of the planet.

Of course, since you haven't chosen your allies, most of the result of the game is about luck, as it depends on who you team up with. But so far, am loving it. it's really big picture stuff.
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

I quit like Day 6 and I was in 1st place (First game quit in probably 2 years)as was defending China Coast against japan; SE Asia against phil; Aussie; Thailand. And even if I was beating them the territory goes back to a nuetral state that would have to perpetually defend. I could build navy and no ability to mount counter offensive.

India was only Blue country on mainland and I took out day 4/5 and already cleaned up the few auto nations.

Dumped all my units in one city and hope they survive, but wasnt going to spend 24 hrs a day defending AI countries.
      Your level of helplessness is frankly astounding. For you to come here and say that becasue you chose a landlocked nation you could not do anything in this map is ridiculous. You have all sorts of options for expanding. You mentioned you took out India. Not too far away from India is Saudi Arabia and Turkey. Once you are done with those you can move through Russia and into the endless expansion opportunity of Europe.

You mentioned defending the Asian coast and acted as if it was impossible for you to to take out enemy island nations because you have no ports. You can easily take South Korea and then from there you can strike Japan with air units. There are certainly ways to take care of navy with either air or missiles. Philippines are in range of mainland which then puts you in range of plenty of AI countries that you can use to get to where ever you need to go. Sure it may be a little more difficult to handle island nations when you dont start with ports but you are certainly capable. I feel like your criticism of the map is centered around it being 4x. Everything else you mentioned is just a lack of imagination and good tactics on your part.
    • Sgniappo wrote:

am i getting something wrong, or countries no longer have their own color?

I'm trying to finish Turkey, but all i see is either red / blue, or the colorless map. Is it me? This doesn't really help in finishing off a country to close a war...
      if you play mobile you still see different colour...not in web..sadly...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Nubluk wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

I quit like Day 6 and I was in 1st place (First game quit in probably 2 years)as was defending China Coast against japan; SE Asia against phil; Aussie; Thailand. And even if I was beating them the territory goes back to a nuetral state that would have to perpetually defend. I could build navy and no ability to mount counter offensive.

India was only Blue country on mainland and I took out day 4/5 and already cleaned up the few auto nations.

Dumped all my units in one city and hope they survive, but wasnt going to spend 24 hrs a day defending AI countries.
      Your level of helplessness is frankly astounding. For you to come here and say that becasue you chose a landlocked nation you could not do anything in this map is ridiculous. You have all sorts of options for expanding. You mentioned you took out India. Not too far away from India is Saudi Arabia and Turkey. Once you are done with those you can move through Russia and into the endless expansion opportunity of Europe.
      You mentioned defending the Asian coast and acted as if it was impossible for you to to take out enemy island nations because you have no ports. You can easily take South Korea and then from there you can strike Japan with air units. There are certainly ways to take care of navy with either air or missiles. Philippines are in range of mainland which then puts you in range of plenty of AI countries that you can use to get to where ever you need to go. Sure it may be a little more difficult to handle island nations when you dont start with ports but you are certainly capable. I feel like your criticism of the map is centered around it being 4x. Everything else you mentioned is just a lack of imagination and good tactics on your part.
      1. Nations are auto assigned. you just select team.
      2. Russia is an Ally.. actual 4 russias
      3. Koreas als o an Ally so if took; which did Part of china and Koreas from Japan (And land just goes back to team that lost them).
      4. There are limited AI nations.
      5. Mideast Red team where already in Saudi and Turkey.

But thanks for Playing as you obviously havnt seen/played this map.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Nubluk wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Your level of helplessness is frankly astounding. For you to come here and say that becasue you chose a landlocked nation you could not do anything in this map is ridiculous. You have all sorts of options for expanding. You mentioned you took out India. Not too far away from India is Saudi Arabia and Turkey. Once you are done with those you can move through Russia and into the endless expansion opportunity of Europe.You mentioned defending the Asian coast and acted as if it was impossible for you to to take out enemy island nations because you have no ports. You can easily take South Korea and then from there you can strike Japan with air units. There are certainly ways to take care of navy with either air or missiles. Philippines are in range of mainland which then puts you in range of plenty of AI countries that you can use to get to where ever you need to go. Sure it may be a little more difficult to handle island nations when you dont start with ports but you are certainly capable. I feel like your criticism of the map is centered around it being 4x. Everything else you mentioned is just a lack of imagination and good tactics on your part.
      1. Nations are auto assigned. you just select team.2. Russia is an Ally.. actual 4 russias
      3. Koreas als o an Ally so if took; which did Part of china and Koreas from Japan (And land just goes back to team that lost them).

1. Last time I checked, the Nations aren't auto assigned, you get to pick them
      2. Yes 4 Russia's to balance out the vp's and cities
      3. So what if Korea is ally?
      4. A.I isn't really needed in this game mode, as there is usually major conflict in the first few days.
      5. I don't know what you mean by that
      All Shall Eventually Fall
    • Hi,

against my will to play a 4x speed - I started one as Iraque.gameID=5296476 if anyone wants to join and watcht the show.

I wont comment as to why there are 5 russian nations and no ukraine...and only 2 US nations...well anyway...

From what I see you get very very few resources...i mean i have bagdad on 100% happiness with a lvl 4 industry and only 1497 rares per day....

I keep you updated on what bothers me..
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.

The post was edited 1 time, last by kurtvonstein ().

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

Nubluk wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Your level of helplessness is frankly astounding. For you to come here and say that becasue you chose a landlocked nation you could not do anything in this map is ridiculous. You have all sorts of options for expanding. You mentioned you took out India. Not too far away from India is Saudi Arabia and Turkey. Once you are done with those you can move through Russia and into the endless expansion opportunity of Europe.You mentioned defending the Asian coast and acted as if it was impossible for you to to take out enemy island nations because you have no ports. You can easily take South Korea and then from there you can strike Japan with air units. There are certainly ways to take care of navy with either air or missiles. Philippines are in range of mainland which then puts you in range of plenty of AI countries that you can use to get to where ever you need to go. Sure it may be a little more difficult to handle island nations when you dont start with ports but you are certainly capable. I feel like your criticism of the map is centered around it being 4x. Everything else you mentioned is just a lack of imagination and good tactics on your part.
      1. Nations are auto assigned. you just select team.2. Russia is an Ally.. actual 4 russias

Have you played this map?

1. Nations are not auto assigned unless you select random same an any other game.
      2. What does it matter that they broke Russia into 4 different countries? I said move through them into Europe...as if Russia being 4 countries prevents you from moving through.
      3. Half of Korea is on the Red Team and half is on the Blue team. North Korea is Red and South Korea is blue. In a addition there are a couple ai cities off the coast. If your ally already took over the Korea on the other team and then went inactive that is easy to fix! You said you were defending the coast from the enemy...simply let them liberate part of South Korea and then go take it for yourself. This isn't hard to think strategically.
      4. There are AI nations in all regions of the map.
      5. So what? That just means you get to move onto Europe faster. Or you can jump from Saudi into Africa.

I played as Mongolia and somehow using this strategy I was able to take over South Korea and then Japan and then Philippines and then Australia and New Zealand.
      Files
      • RvB Koreas.PNG

(153.67 kB, downloaded 1 times, last: )
    • LastLiving wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Nubluk wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

1. Nations are auto assigned. you just select team.2. Russia is an Ally.. actual 4 russias3. Koreas als o an Ally so if took; which did Part of china and Koreas from Japan (And land just goes back to team that lost them).

1. Last time I checked, the Nations aren't auto assigned, you get to pick them2. Yes 4 Russia's to balance out the vp's and cities
      3. So what if Korea is ally?
      4. A.I isn't really needed in this game mode, as there is usually major conflict in the first few days.
      5. I don't know what you mean by that
      actually there are 5 russias
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • that doesnt matter buckeychamp simply not have easy map like before and becose to play for win probably must he used brain and it him pain he simply put map in archive becose yes he is little simply guy ... and in many way in game newbie .. becose mape many stupid move in options ... by his own fault .. dont know how choose nation dont have eyes and be lost in geography of world .. and dont like spend time to play again stronger team .. that all come that he write his bullshit there and move on another map yes optionjs on map with so standart inactive player base how is in game is little worst and be posible simply repair it in many way but

developer need just feed back if that map help to SPEND GOLŮD FROM PLAYER TO WIN that all dont thinkl that they have care about feedback in reality ...
    • a couple more differences from the games we're all used to:

- you have a LOT of open wars (at least in my experience). I always strive to keep wars closed, but here... darn. normally, 7-8 open. Mostly because you kill one guy, and all it takes is someone from their coalition to reconquer a single territory, and you're at war with them again (darn, i hate it);

- it just never ends. Normally, once people are wiped, they give up. Here, at least in my game, people seem to never die or give up. My guess: if there's an alliance of 3, you take one out - that alliance is done, unless they get a new member. With an alliance of... i don't know, the world /2? people always seem to continue to want to be part of it. If i wipe you out and an ally frees a few cities, people just make annoying infantry and continue playing their part of the game by conquering random territory (and resurrecting wars that you thought had closed, see above)

- a LOT of it is about luck. because it's about how many active players you are left with in your team on day 10. All skills even, the one with most actives wins. That kinda sucks.

Am not even sure yet if i like it or hate it. Objectively, it's intense. 4x is intense by definition, but 4x vs the world /2 is a totally different level of intensity... if you think 4x is too much, don't go red vs blue...