Why the IA keep starting war with me ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why the IA keep starting war with me ?

Is it normal that the IA keeps declaring war again and again and again everytime i approach is borders ?

Like i'm trying to get my morale up so i take all my ennemies land to basically keep them to zero so i would not be consider to war by the
      game standards since ennemy with 0 territories are not taken into account (which is logic). But everytime i finish one country and i take last
      province near another country this another country controled by IA ALWAYS declare war on me...

Is it normal ? How do i put back my morale up if i'm continuously dragged into endless wars
    • Ace75i wrote:

Is it normal that the IA keeps declaring war again and again and again everytime i approach is borders ?

Like i'm trying to get my morale up so i take all my ennemies land to basically keep them to zero so i would not be consider to war by the
      game standards since ennemy with 0 territories are not taken into account (which is logic). But everytime i finish one country and i take last
      province near another country this another country controled by IA ALWAYS declare war on me...

Is it normal ? How do i put back my morale up if i'm continuously dragged into endless wars
      Assuming that you aren't at war with the whole map, you should be able to (either quickly or gradually, there are 2 different ways) be able to push the AI back. Focus on their homecities. Bombarding and air/naval should be key, since the AI has none of these. Resources should not be a problem, since you keep conquering new cities.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • If that is a problem...be very careful with missiles. They kill civilians also and that just wrecks your economy. I could understand a penalty using ballastic missiles but not cruise missiles. I thought they are precision since you target a unit. :?:
      "Retreat hell! We're not retreating ..we're just advancing in a different direction." General Oliver Smith USMC
    • Ace75i wrote:

I stopped using ballistic but apparently ships also does damage

And my strategy is to pound cities to ashes

Like i use my ships to destroy all building of ennemi cities
      Well now you've learned the downside of your strategy
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Ace75i wrote:

Yes but i didn't know that ships does that much damage to morale

I thought civilians was more of a nuke thing

Great lesson learnd
    • Hydralysk wrote:

bobqz wrote:

I thought they are precision since you target a unit. :?:
      There are some civilian buildings in Ukraine that suspect the 'precision' part may be exaggerated, at least for Rooski rockets.Unless that was a deliberate strike?
      With Putin it may be fifty-fifty?
      with that bitch its DEFINTELY on purpose :(
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • Ace75i wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Ace75i wrote:

Yes but i didn't know that ships does that much damage to morale
      I thought civilians was more of a nuke thing

Great lesson learnd
      no civ deaths add up if keep shelling cities and if do to much get the dissent / morale penalty. Even if look on morale of cties civ deaths a factor; if get to like ? 10 (assume like 10 mill??) then you have issues.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Anna Jija wrote:

Hydralysk wrote:

bobqz wrote:

There are some civilian buildings in Ukraine that suspect the 'precision' part may be exaggerated, at least for Rooski rockets.Unless that was a deliberate strike?With Putin it may be fifty-fifty?
      women always have to make this political huh
      “I hate 4x” -me
    • Killiam07 wrote:

Anna Jija wrote:

Hydralysk wrote:

bobqz wrote:

There are some civilian buildings in Ukraine that suspect the 'precision' part may be exaggerated, at least for Rooski rockets.Unless that was a deliberate strike?With Putin it may be fifty-fifty?
      that's homophobic
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • Anna Jija wrote:

Killiam07 wrote:

Anna Jija wrote:

Hydralysk wrote:

bobqz wrote:

that's homophobic
      Hi!

As I think Buckeyechamp mentioned in another thread, this statement is not homophobic, but sexist.

'Sexist' refers to statements pertaining to gender.

'Homophobic' refers to statements pertaining to one's sexual preferences.

(Just thought I'd mention it before someone comes at you for that)
      "Dealer of Death has counted to infinity... twice"
      -Kurtvonstein
    • Second Cannae wrote:

Anna Jija wrote:

Killiam07 wrote:

Anna Jija wrote:

Hydralysk wrote:

bobqz wrote:

that's homophobic
      Hi!
      As I think Buckeyechamp mentioned in another thread, this statement is not homophobic, but sexist.

'Sexist' refers to statements pertaining to gender.

'Homophobic' refers to statements pertaining to one's sexual preferences.

(Just thought I'd mention it before someone comes at you for that)
      I believe what @Anna Jija mean is that you are calling them 'women' when they don't identify as that.

But to answer the question at hand, the AI (inactives as well as neutrals) will declare war on countries that have relatively low (< 40-45%) average morale. To raise this, try to build army bases in low-morale cities, be at war with as few nations as possible, or try relocating headquarters.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Anna Jija wrote:

Killiam07 wrote:

Anna Jija wrote:

Hydralysk wrote:

bobqz wrote:

that's homophobic
      shut up, please
      “I hate 4x” -me
    • Back to the topic of this thread... If your focus is on morale, ships vs AI is one of the worst tools to use.

Ships are designed to trash buildings - and kill people. If want to optimise morale, while killing the enemy, look at the unit ratio of damage done vs population casualties.

Take one example: you are using frigates, and your enemy has infantry in the city you are attacking. The frigate lvl 1 does 2 damage to infantry, and kills 2 civilians (well, it's a bombarding unit). Actually, even less because the enemy inf has a 25% entrenchment bonus.

If you go to the opposite side of the range, in the same scenario a helicopter does 7 military damage vs 1.5 civilian damage.

Missiles are believed to be amongst the worst - but in reality, it still depends on what you are killing... if you need to do, say, 80 armor damage, a ballistic missile will do much less civilian damage than ships (or planes).