No Ukraine? The Audacity of The Red vs Blue Map-Makers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• No Ukraine? The Audacity of The Red vs Blue Map-Makers

I joined a red vs blue game for first time yesterday (hate 4x btw) and started poking around at the world map - what changed? who is on what team? etc. First thing i noticed is my home country, Ukraine is NEUTRAL. How?? we are a pro-west country that is fighting for our existence, and yet we are not blue?? I find this insulting to my country, and its people. Either these mapmakers are pro-russia and did this to offend people, or they are just dumb and didn't think that people like me would have a problem with it.

I advise that Ukraine be made a 'blue' nation ASAP. If not, then there is some serious bias coming from the Dorado higher-ups. I would be suprised to find this from a company who has taken a strong stance on Jewish issues.
    Україна
    Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
  • Anna Jija wrote:

I joined a red vs blue game for first time yesterday (hate 4x btw) and started poking around at the world map - what changed? who is on what team? etc. First thing i noticed is my home country, Ukraine is NEUTRAL. How?? we are a pro-west country that is fighting for our existence, and yet we are not blue?? I find this insulting to my country, and its people. Either these mapmakers are pro-russia and did this to offend people, or they are just dumb and didn't think that people like me would have a problem with it.

I advise that Ukraine be made a 'blue' nation ASAP. If not, then there is some serious bias coming from the Dorado higher-ups. I would be suprised to find this from a company who has taken a strong stance on Jewish issues.
    Serves you right for your baseless racist accusations
    *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
    The KING of CoN News!!!
    The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
  • I can understand your point, but I think the most likely reason Ukraine is a "neutral" country is so as to not offend a significant number of Ukrainians. Before the current conflict, the country was divided over whether it should remain loyal to Russia or join NATO and EU, both of which Russia hates. Once it was becoming apparent that Ukraine was leaning toward the West, that's when Putin pulled the trigger.

In short, this feature is most likely because of the current war, as the future of the country is uncertain.
    "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
  • Dealer of Death wrote:

Anna Jija wrote:

Serves you right for your baseless racist accusations
    Racist? the only ones racist are YOU, for denying ukraine nato supporting, and whoever even made this map., for conjuring up tihs SHIT in the first place

Tifo_14 wrote:

I can understand your point, but I think the most likely reason Ukraine is a "neutral" country is so as to not offend a significant number of Ukrainians. Before the current conflict, the country was divided over whether it should remain loyal to Russia or join NATO and EU, both of which Russia hates. Once it was becoming apparent that Ukraine was leaning toward the West, that's when Putin pulled the trigger.

In short, this feature is most likely because of the current war, as the future of the country is uncertain.
    since 2014

we have NEVER allies with russia
    Україна
    Україна

• Fail to see how having Ukraine be Neutral suddenly makes dorado pro russia. There are plenty of possible reasons as to why that could be the case. Frankly your behavior in that regard is completely unreasonable.

„But IRL…“ get in line behind the other people complaining about con not representing some irl aspect of their country.
    I am The Baseline for opinions
  • Teburu wrote:

Fail to see how having Ukraine be Neutral suddenly makes dorado pro russia. There are plenty of possible reasons as to why that could be the case. Frankly your behavior in that regard is completely unreasonable.

„But IRL…“ get in line behind the other people complaining about con not representing some irl aspect of their country.
    Their intention to make Ukraine neutral means that they stand neutral on the situation, not pro-Russia.
    If they were pro-Russia, they would make Ukraine "red", wouldn't they?
    "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
  • Tifo_14 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Fail to see how having Ukraine be Neutral suddenly makes dorado pro russia. There are plenty of possible reasons as to why that could be the case. Frankly your behavior in that regard is completely unreasonable.

Their intention to make Ukraine neutral means that they stand neutral on the situation, not pro-Russia.If they were pro-Russia, they would make Ukraine "red", wouldn't they?
    Well that depends, if they were REALLY pro Russia, they could have just made Ukraine part of Russia
    The KING of CoN News!!!
    The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• I actually think they did that on purpose and probably bad taste as neutral battleground between west and east; as its basically Nato friendly nations versus Russia friendly; dictator regimes.

they even made 5 russias (despite russia not be a very populous country for its size) and think 4 Chinas to make "fair teams". Poor India with 1.4 billion people wasnt split and is surrounded by Red. (maybe because despite having nukes their airforce is circa 1965).

Just looked and Russia (145M) barely above mexico (129M) in population and surprising Bangledesh (Which not sure how not a playable country on any map with 164 million people; and CON has a 1 city AI) but my beloved Myanmar at 50 mill is (probably because they were fictional Top Gun opponents flying Russian Migs).

Maybe the Kremlin is running CON?? hmmmm
    "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp

The post was edited 3 times, last by The Pale Rider ().

• Anna Jija wrote:

Racist? the only ones racist are YOU, for denying ukraine nato supporting, and whoever even made this map., for conjuring up tihs SHIT in the first place
    4 things
    1.) NATO has not offered armed support to Ukraine because Ukraine is not a NATO nation and because of this NATO will probably not send armed troops unless other factors occur
    2.) "Racist" You are calling someone out for not supporting your country is not racism. According to the Oxford dictionary "the belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities, especially so as to distinguish them as inferior or superior to one another" Dealer Of Death is not racist for having his own opinion on a stance on a coalition
    3.) If you have been paying any attention Dorado has donated 100 sets of warm winter clothing for children, 500 warm blankets, 25 000 emergency food rations, and 150 000 water cleaning tablets to UNICEF most of which will probably go to Ukrainian refugees
    4.) I agree with Dealer of Death you have often been sending messages associated with negative comments towards other players including me. You do this for attention and because of the internet you can sit behind a screen and insult people all you want.
    Attempting to gain braincells
  • Guys, Im sorry.

I jumped to conclusions about dorado and other people on the forum, and in doing so made accusations - which prove to be false. I would like to apologize to @Dealer of Death, @Tifo_14 and @Teburu aswell as dorado for some offensive things I said. I doubt they, or anyone else here, is pro-russia. After all, ukraine isn't part of russia on the map, are they lol! con is just a game, fictonial game, and I shouldnt take it this seriously. So I offer my apologies.

@Germanico please lock this thread, thanks
    Україна
    Україна

• whether you agree or disagree with annas point.. her point is valid. No other normal non AI country has turned a nuetral AI; so Dorado make a concious decision to take away their nation status.

Thats a Fact Jack! Was it malicious maybe not. But certainly a deliberate act and it wasnt to balance the map. As I said they could add bangledesh the 8 th largest country in world and put on red.
    "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• Mr3Tapper wrote:

If anything, Ukraine should be put on the Red team for game balancing sake. Currently, the map favours the Blue team as in total they have 187 cities while Red team has 185 cities. But in the current state, it's more balanced anyways.
    so a 2 city swing in world makes unfair...lol. I cant believe you counted them all to make a trumper point

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

Mr3Tapper wrote:

If anything, Ukraine should be put on the Red team for game balancing sake. Currently, the map favours the Blue team as in total they have 187 cities while Red team has 185 cities. But in the current state, it's more balanced anyways.
    so a 2 city swing in world makes unfair...lol. I cant believe you counted them all to make a trumper point

Buckeyechamp wrote:

just give 2 more cities to north korea

they should start off with like 20 icbms anyway
    Україна
    Україна

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

Mr3Tapper wrote:

Enough of the Bidumbisms.
    The KING of CoN News!!!