Follow the Legacy Code!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Follow the Legacy Code!

Instead of following the Yellow Brick Road, let's follow the Legacy Code! :saint:

First of all, what exactly is the legacy code? I have heard stuff about it but dont know what it actually is... (basically - does it even exist??)
      What is the good and bad stuff about legacy code? Does it interfere with the game, or stuff like new features or add ins? Should it be deleted? If so, can it? Would that "break" the game? :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: How long would it take? Would it need to be replacid? If so how long would that take? I am hoping if it is ever destroyed (wihch i do hope to be soon) that other upgrades and stuff could happen? Because I really like this game and there are things that I like and think that would make the game even, better, but as people on this forum say, LEGACY CODE STRIKES AGAIN!
      Well, now QuiGon is striking back! @dev, is there an overview of something that shows what the legacy code is and what it does? Can it be replaced? I know some experts in coding that could possibly help. Please <3 like/reply or leave a comment if you are interesed... things that cannot happen because LEGACY CODE!!

Here is a vote, if you want legacy code to be overhauled, reply YES. if not, reply NO

@devs, maybe you can answer some of my questions, thanks!

ps I for one vote YES!! :thumbsup:
    • Legacy code is source code inherited from someone else or inherited from an older version of the software. It can also be any code that you don't understand and that's difficult to change

While CON is made by Dorado Games, a lot of the code comes from Bytro, they are both Studious under the same group (Stillfront or something). You can't just get rid of it lmao.

Legend says that while God created the Universe, Chuck Norris created God. But the Legacy Code created Chuck Norris.
      It's an ancient entity making up the very fabric of reality (and I'm also convinced it's sentient).
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

Legacy code is source code inherited from someone else or inherited from an older version of the software. It can also be any code that you don't understand and that's difficult to change

While CON is made by Dorado Games, a lot of the code comes from Bytro, they are both Studious under the same group (Stillfront or something). You can't just get rid of it lmao.

Legend says that while God created the Universe, Chuck Norris created God. But the Legacy Code created Chuck Norris.
      It's an ancient entity making up the very fabric of reality (and I'm also convinced it's sentient).
      Yes, a lot of the code used in CoN is the same as the code used in CoW and other Dorado/Bytro games.
      @Qui-Gon Jinn, try consulting a dev (Germanico, Yak, etc). They would have better answers for your questions than I would.

And no, the legacy code can stay right where it is. The game works now, right? Let's keep it that way.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Tifo_14 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Legacy code is source code inherited from someone else or inherited from an older version of the software. It can also be any code that you don't understand and that's difficult to change

Yes, a lot of the code used in CoN is the same as the code used in CoW and other Dorado/Bytro games.@Qui-Gon Jinn, try consulting a dev (Germanico, Yak, etc). They would have better answers for your questions than I would.

And no, the legacy code can stay right where it is. The game works now, right? Let's keep it that way.
      i agree, don't want to break game AGAIN
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • Tifo_14 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Yes, a lot of the code used in CoN is the same as the code used in CoW and other Dorado/Bytro games.@Qui-Gon Jinn, try consulting a dev (Germanico, Yak, etc). They would have better answers for your questions than I would.

Okay, will ask them :)