What's Your RvB Story?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What's Your RvB Story?

So... just finished my first red vs blue game, I have mixed feelings about this

I played as thailand (blue team) and went to attack vietnam, seeing they were level 1 inactive. Then out of nowhere burma comes rushing all his units at me and india. He captured one of my citys but I was able to defeat him and take his homeland (dont think india was active much)

After I had all of southeast asia, I moved into china. West china was a cinch, but east china was this MASSIVE GOLDER. I had been watching this guy from day 1, its crazy bro. I swear this guy could have made the yellow brick road with all the gold he spent. He had level 5 naval bases at like day 3, then around day 6 he has at least 2 stacks of max strikes. Lucky for me this guy didnt attack me already.

Also japan philiphines and south korea were still around, South korea already took out north korea (haha kimmy) and Japan had a large amount in russia. Also Alaska had some cities in Siberia-east russia, and had a decent army as well. Fortunately we were all in (relatively) the same timezone.

By this time blue had most of europe, asia and North america, while red had firm hold on Africa and South america. We out-VP'd them by about 500 at this time :)

So we all planned this huge attack (by now china and iran were the only red countrys left in asia). Japan was the strongest of us (he had sams, mrls, and good airforce) philipines had good navy, I had lots of infantry and support (mrls, sams, radar) and South korea was like the weakest of us all (he only had like 10 units).

So we attack. Day 14. Japan invades from the east, Philipines bombards his port cities (which each had like maxed out buildings by now) We were lucky, I think we attacked while he was sleeping. I asked Alaska to help us (he had a strong navy and marines), and he said he would think about it. I invaded from the south and west (mongolia had been taken out already) and we were making good headway. I think he had around 20-30k casualties in the first 6 hours of fighting.

But then, china wakes up. Chems are launched, Mrls are moved up, more gold spent. The naval cities we bombarded already had lvl 4 nbs in less than an hour. South korea is destroyed by 4 conventionals, he is completely conquered by day-end. Japan has level 2 TDS, i have level 1. We both are able to defend against the chems, but one got into one of my homeland cities, and took a while to de-contaminate. He tried getting a stack of 10 marines to the philipines, but it was sunk. He tried getting a similar stack to Japan, but that was sunk also. Japan's airforce wasn't looking well, but mine made up for it. After my main ASF stack shot down 6 chinese planes in 1 day, instead of naming my FW officer "Anakin Skywalker" I named it "Ghost of Kyiv" :thumbup:

Over the next few days, China spends still more gold, but is losing horribly. He has probably lost dozens of units on convoys. I took almost the whole southern half of his country, and Japan held onto Shanghai, with some Philipine naval reinforcement. Japan shot down like, several Chems over shanghai (dont know why china isn't using ICBMs with all the gold they have) They still held firm the northern part of thier country.

Day 19 - the final blow is when Alaska (who told us) and New Zealand (who didn't tell us) declared war on China. Alaska quickly conquered the northern areas and bombarded their remaining units on the coast (they had naval stacks there already). New Zealand also helped with the bombarding, they had some ACs as well. Realizing their situation was hopeless, china launched a few more chems and quit. Day 20, Japan captured Beijing - TEAM EFFORT!

Day 22, game ends ^^

Overall as I looked over the final map, it looked like Japan, Alaska, Finland, US west, and me had the strongest armies. If anyone is interested in the final casualty lists, they are below. I'm telling you China was an apes@#t player.

Thailand (me): 30,692 8)
      China: 144,603 :S

Japan: 56,578 :whistling:
      China: 129,934 :huh:

Philipines: 32,810 :evil:
      China: 215,758 :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

South Korea: 13,319 :(
      China: 10,834 ?(

Alaska: 2,807 :sleeping:
      China: 14,775 <X

New Zealand: 1,019 :evil:
      China: 8,337 X/

Just proves that you can defeat golders, if you work AS A TEAM!

Anyone else have as good story as me?
    • I was playing as India since I joined Day 6. I swiftly built up my economy and army, managing to defeat Pakistan with ease. After my war with Pakistan, my army was very weak so I needed to rebuild. I had some armies on the border with Burma but they were very weak and after invading Lhasa, I had been too over-extended. With no navy and barely any SF's, Burma went online and decided to send huge MBT stacks after me. Luckily, Kenya has been a powerhouse in Africa and was done invading Egypt and other countries so he sent a stack of 5 SF's after Burma's stack.

The Battle of Dhaka:

I send all of my crapper units from the Western front to this city using my airfields. Dhaka was annexed and I sent a ton of units in there. Here came Burma and we battled. Kenya hits the stack with their SF's after I predicted the location of their armies (there is a fork coming from the North and the South with another good INF lvl 5 MBT lvl 2 stack taking the northern mountains around Tibet. I win the battle but with 1 infantry remaining. It was amazing.

Aftermath:

It was now spring break and I decided to leave the game because I felt terrible about how bad I am at managing a good army and not overexpanding myself like always... Blue team managed to win though so everything is good.