The Ultimate question about gamemode RED vs. BLUE

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Ultimate question about gamemode RED vs. BLUE

This game is advertised as teamwar where everybody starts with nuclear warheads.

This somewhat raises the expectation of a high tech war...

What I have seen in my first game is that the main battles are fought by motorized infantry. The smartest guy I have seen even rush the research till lvl 6 to get the range of 20.

Therefore the big question is:

Did anyone ever experience/saw a player that actual used one of the nuclear warheads they have in stock?
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

This game is advertised as teamwar where everybody starts with nuclear warheads.

What I have seen in my first game is that the main battles are fought by motorized infantry. The smartest guy I have seen even rush the research till lvl 6 to get the range of 20.

Did anyone ever experience/saw a player that actual used one of the nuclear warheads they have in stock?
      In the first game I played not a single warhead was used. I'm playing another one now.. So far nobody has used one (day 12). I think the reason why is resources are limited, so by the time you can get the resources to do the necessary research to get access to nukes, the game is pretty much already decided.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

no, never
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • Anna Jija wrote:

never have i ever
      B6A8C5E7-8099-44FB-9D30-B964EAF9C184.jpeg

….and I have never seen, for any reason whatsoever, a player launch a missile on Red vs Blue map…ever.
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • Clock wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

Similar to the Apocalypse maps... in those you don't see a nuke til day 10, even though everyone starts out with a bevy of nuclear warheads.
      They actually use them though...
      I use mine as well, especially in regular rounds. Be the first to launch a nuke and the noobs just give up.

(Don't know what Teburu would do though)
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • in the red / blue game i'm in, Russia fought Sweden from day one - inf, ASFs and choppers. Then came ships and subs - they were levelling up technology pretty much at the same speed. Then, Russia North nukes sweden. Game over between them - on day 25.

And this is me getting rid of the American ballistic sub production

On the topic of the map being not restrictive on research, and therefore everyone rushes infantry upgrades... in the current game i rushed choppers and ships. I have 95 cities, the 2nd-best has 35.
      Files
      • nuke.JPG

(128.3 kB, downloaded 5 times, last: )

The post was edited 2 times, last by Sgniappo ().

• Sgniappo wrote:

in the red / blue game i'm in, Russia fought Sweden from day one - inf, ASFs and choppers. Then came ships and subs - they were levelling up technology pretty much at the same speed. Then, Russia North nukes sweden. Game over between them - on day 25.

On the topic of the map being not restrictive on research, and therefore everyone rushes infantry upgrades... in the current game i rushed choppers and ships. I have 95 cities, the 2nd-best has 35.
      is the game over? If it is what is the game number
    • Clock wrote:

Sgniappo wrote:

in the red / blue game i'm in, Russia fought Sweden from day one - inf, ASFs and choppers. Then came ships and subs - they were levelling up technology pretty much at the same speed. Then, Russia North nukes sweden. Game over between them - on day 25.

Yes, it's 5296398. Can i ask why? can you join games that are over to 'have a look'?
    • Sgniappo wrote:

Clock wrote:

Sgniappo wrote:

Yes, it's 5296398. Can i ask why? can you join games that are over to 'have a look'?
      I can certainly try. "All countries have been taken," unfortunately.
    • I did play only one rvb game . I was the second from red on day 12 to use my elite bomber and ballistic , first guy used nukes around day 8 . As there were at least 15 active blue opponents those nukes could not slow the blue team ,but as days passed and all nukes were launched they definitely helped .Game ended day 34 .
      Can you people tell from your games was it blue or red team victorious ? I predict blue is better but .....
    • @Telerik Game outcome is determined by activity within the team. I run 2 games. One as austria in blue and one as russia central in red.
      As austria I play basically alone. poland and england build an icasinal lvl 1 inf and phillipines is rummimg blind in asia. I am fighting off syria, egypt, balarus, russia north+east+central. I can hild the ground but I cannot expand because i cant loots spain france or germany. So i only produce like 17k resources on day 10. not enough to dominate. I wish Icould go for MRL. At least I have 2 SAMs now.

Cutting a long atory short red is winning in both gamrs.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

So i only produce like 17k resources on day 10. not enough to dominate. I wish Icould go for MRL. At least I have 2 SAMs now.

Thanks . I do believe day 10 is too early to predict the outcome .
      I did dominate my game on the sea as Indonesia red and bombed all advanced blue cities , problem was too many wars and revolutions . By day 30\35 i was able to sent to hell or at least to stone age either by navy or nukes Japan half,Thailand half,Philipines,Australia,Chad,New Zealand,Canada,UK,Spain,Chille,West USA and last Argentina . If i did not sail or bomb far away ,Blue Team could turn the game as they were starting to build cruisers,subs and air units . I do not say i did win but it was me looking at the map and attack the strongest rising players from blue . My teammates probably did not realise what efforts i did in this game to slow the blue alpha players .

The post was edited 2 times, last by CandyCzar ().

• Telerik wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

So i only produce like 17k resources on day 10. not enough to dominate. I wish Icould go for MRL. At least I have 2 SAMs now.

Thanks . I do believe day 10 is too early to predict the outcome .I did dominate my game on the sea as Indonesia red and bombed all advanced blue cities , problem was too many wars and revolutions . By day 30\35 i was able to sent to hell or at least to stone age either by navy or nukes Japan half,Thailand half,Philipines,Australia,Chad,New Zealand,Canada,UK,Spain,Chille,West USA and last Argentina . If i did not sail or bomb far away ,Blue Team could turn the game as they were starting to build cruisers,subs and air units . I do not say i did win but it was me looking at the map and attack the strongest rising players from blue . My teammates probably did not realise what efforts i did in this game to slow the blue alpha players .
      Starting to build air units…. By day 30/35? I mean hold up I know you are that ground strat player but how is airforce a threat at day 30/35? Unless you mean helicopters?
      as Indonesia you basically have naval dominance, sure it will be a lot of strain on your time if you did fight those blues who had cruisers, you should come out on top since you are a naval country ( indonesia)
    • japan samurai wrote:

Telerik wrote:

Starting to build air units…. By day 30/35? I mean hold up I know you are that ground strat player but how is airforce a threat at day 30/35? Unless you mean helicopters? as Indonesia you basically have naval dominance, sure it will be a lot of strain on your time if you did fight those blues who had cruisers, you should come out on top since you are a naval country ( indonesia)
      Samurai Kid , you should stop following me and ask for attention . You do realise games are dynamic from day one and not static . I was going to write something more ,but you seem as a quality player so i have nothing more to add . Good luck to all of you , i was just curious is blue or red team better choice for winning .