AI Behaviour (Re: Mass Production of Units)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• AI Behaviour (Re: Mass Production of Units)

Hello. ^^

I've noticed in the past games I've had (as in pre-2022) that the AI countries (inactive players included) had a habit of mass producing units to the point where it was almost impossible to defeat them. Recently though, I've played a couple games (both in Red vs. Blue at 4x speed - probably not an important detail, but just in case) and the AI doesn't seem to do that anymore, which is a relief, to be honest.

So, I was wondering if this was something that's been fixed for all game types or is it just a RvB feature?
    • duckman1981 wrote:

Hello. ^^

I've noticed in the past games I've had (as in pre-2022) that the AI countries (inactive players included) had a habit of mass producing units to the point where it was almost impossible to defeat them. Recently though, I've played a couple games (both in Red vs. Blue at 4x speed - probably not an important detail, but just in case) and the AI doesn't seem to do that anymore, which is a relief, to be honest.

So, I was wondering if this was something that's been fixed for all game types or is it just a RvB feature?
      That's what the AI is programmed to do :D Just spam infantry, recon, and whatever else they may build. Usually AI will do that a lot later into the game. Since Red vs Blue is finished rather quickly that explains why it may not be showing up or it may be because it hasn't been programmed into RvB :D
    • xXWolfXx wrote:

duckman1981 wrote:

Hello. ^^

That's what the AI is programmed to do :D Just spam infantry, recon, and whatever else they may build. Usually AI will do that a lot later into the game. Since Red vs Blue is finished rather quickly that explains why it may not be showing up or it may be because it hasn't been programmed into RvB :D
      Its actually different on each map. BGUSA and Rising tides AI actually builds all cities Army 2 and mass produces AFVs; which if dont hve CMs can be an issue but they still spread around. One Rising tide game by end of game Madagascar had so many on that little island it looked like a zombie heard when game ended.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

xXWolfXx wrote:

duckman1981 wrote:

Hello. ^^

Its actually different on each map. BGUSA and Rising tides AI actually builds all cities Army 2 and mass produces AFVs; which if dont hve CMs can be an issue but they still spread around. One Rising tide game by end of game Madagascar had so many on that little island it looked like a zombie heard when game ended.
      Yep, I just gave a basic explanation. Very true lol. Lol, AI just loves to spam
    • KFGauss wrote:

Killiam07 wrote:

the strategy late game is to nuke very city then use strike fighter to kill all the remaining cars. It’s pretty easy after a couple tries. Just destroy cities then bomb remaining stuff, take , repeat
      And the strategy in "early game" is to never let the game last long enough to reach a nuclear "late game". ;)
      Exactly first country I see in CoN with Chemical Weapons program they move to top of list and Im rallying any friend or foe against them. Even on Apocolyse I only use tactical nukes as ICBMs not really effective for cost / morale penalty. Nuke Cruise from SF and/or ships do a lot of damage; non apocalypse just go conv warheads.

Late in game if I have > 100 units already I am not that heart broken if someone nukes 1 of my cities. If they have put that much into nukes then their other army/AF/Navy most likely weak. Someone nukes me they will and have paid the price.

Killiam if your strategy is to nuke every city you would have 0 morale unless boosting with gold. you nuke more than 2 - 3 cities and morale plummets. possibly why 1 win in 35 games??

Don't understand the "wow wouldn't it be cool if we all waited and built up cities and nukes" ? No its cool when I take them out when they are wasting resources on a missile battle that will never come ;-).
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Killiam07 wrote:

the strategy late game is to nuke very city then use strike fighter to kill all the remaining cars. It’s pretty easy after a couple tries. Just destroy cities then bomb remaining stuff, take , repeat
      And the strategy in "early game" is to never let the game last long enough to reach a nuclear "late game". ;)
      Exactly first country I see in CoN with Chemical Weapons program they move to top of list and Im rallying any friend or foe against them. Even on Apocolyse I only use tactical nukes as ICBMs not really effective for cost / morale penalty. Nuke Cruise from SF and/or ships do a lot of damage; non apocalypse just go conv warheads.
      Late in game if I have > 100 units already I am not that heart broken if someone nukes 1 of my cities. If they have put that much into nukes then their other army/AF/Navy most likely weak. Someone nukes me they will and have paid the price.

Killiam if your strategy is to nuke every city you would have 0 morale unless boosting with gold. you nuke more than 2 - 3 cities and morale plummets. possibly why 1 win in 35 games??

Don't understand the "wow wouldn't it be cool if we all waited and built up cities and nukes" ? No its cool when I take them out when they are wasting resources on a missile battle that will never come ;-).
      I never use icbms due to morale/pop. penalty, but sometimes i will launch a conv nuke in late-game when im lazy and dont want to take out a stack :)
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija