order of research?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• order of research?

what do you guys research first? and what order do you research units in:
      navy first?, motorized infantry?, airborne inf? strike fighters?
      i also understand that it also depends on your surroundings, country, ETC... I'm very curious on to how people do this. feel free to you examples from previous or current games
    • I research what helps me win. this starts with having early weapons advantage.

Day 1:
      1. NG and/inf (already have 10 free units so might as well upgrade). upgrades to these mainly to hold cities better as dont fight with inf.
      2. Corvette (not going to win game but helps win 1st week; which leads to better 2nd week; etc) and need to research for frigs. generally dont research above level 1. after day 7 just good for stopping random transports. One game had so many as supply surplus deployed as deep ocean sonar buoys with surprisingly good results. Expected them to get killed but early warning system; but caught a 21 unit transport in pacific and another caught a Air craft carrier ( talk about david v goaliath at 10 hp vs 125 hp) but held in place till fleet and naval patrol could get on scene.
      3. Air supp (have a base an 1 plane; might as well build more till can get SF going). Usually end up with 4 or 5 and make backup air supp squad and or mix 1 asf / 4 sf for damage control. 3 or 4 Air supp can ply poor mans SF till get them. Late in game can use as throw aways to trigger AA.

Day 2:
      1. SF and Frigs (these two are my biggest priorities )

Day 3: Tank Destroyers and naval patrol (can live without)

If world map throw in a Naval Officer (not really worth it on Flashpoint or BGUSA)

Keep a narrow / deep research tree early in game then based on who may be long game threats adjust accordingly.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • i usually like to research strike fighters early on, as they can help take out inf-heavy opponents and dont cost supplies to make (i usually have supply shortage early game)

also mech inf is my go-to inf unit, so i usually try to get that to max asap
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • makes sense i for inf i usually use marine of mech inf depending on surroundings if i am mostly surrounded by land (like Germany or something) then I go for mech inf but if there is more water ( like the UK) then i use marine inf
      ill also get a reserve of NG because they can help with having reserve units and good at protection( like how in one game where im Germany rn im at war with 2 countries so i used NG to conquer the other)
      i will also get corvettes day 2 then progress my navy after that. i get strike fighters as i go and missiles are used way later on, i get armoured and anti air support after week one
    • For me I always start with Infantry, Air Superiority and Corvettes... I will upgrade Inf to level 4, keep upgrading my ASF until maxed, and the rest depends on my country / coalition... if I have ports I will usually focus on getting strong navy, don't bother with armour or other infantry types.

Oh and try to get MRLS as soon as possible
    • It depends on the situation/country.
      if Russia, for example, maybe Tanks/Planes, not helicopters because too short range...
      If Cuba, mostly Navy and Airforce, minimal ground forces such as National Guard
      I usually end up researching National Guard pretty early on.
      North Korea, Tank Destroyers/National Guard/Motorized Infantry/Gunships, etc. (by the way, build bunkers on North Korea if you have spare resources)
      Yes, in the end, it really just depends.
    • Clock wrote:

Killiam07 wrote:

tanks are bad
      It depends on your situation.
      nope still bad. go AFV or tank destroyers as most battles occur in cities. TDs have 50 pct def bonus and 25 pct attack in cities; think tanks neg in cities.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

I research what helps me win. this starts with having early weapons advantage.

Day 1:
      1. NG and/inf (already have 10 free units so might as well upgrade). upgrades to these mainly to hold cities better as dont fight with inf.
      2. Corvette (not going to win game but helps win 1st week; which leads to better 2nd week; etc) and need to research for frigs. generally dont research above level 1. after day 7 just good for stopping random transports. One game had so many as supply surplus deployed as deep ocean sonar buoys with surprisingly good results. Expected them to get killed but early warning system; but caught a 21 unit transport in pacific and another caught a Air craft carrier ( talk about david v goaliath at 10 hp vs 125 hp) but held in place till fleet and naval patrol could get on scene.
      3. Air supp (have a base an 1 plane; might as well build more till can get SF going). Usually end up with 4 or 5 and make backup air supp squad and or mix 1 asf / 4 sf for damage control. 3 or 4 Air supp can ply poor mans SF till get them. Late in game can use as throw aways to trigger AA.

Day 2:

If world map throw in a Naval Officer (not really worth it on Flashpoint or BGUSA)

Keep a narrow / deep research tree early in game then based on who may be long game threats adjust accordingly.
      How you gonna build those with no army bases lol, also why bother to use Tank Destroyers when nobody uses armor? Now that sounds like a waste of resources... but to each their own.
      CDR Crimson
      Founder of The Militia Collective

Training and Screening Hub, New Players or Existing: Come Find your perfect Alliance here!

Join Our Discord !
    • CDRCrimson42 wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Day 1:

Day 2:

How you gonna build those with no army bases lol, also why bother to use Tank Destroyers when nobody uses armor? Now that sounds like a waste of resources... but to each their own.
      Seems like it would be for the new players who build tanks, but if you have strike fighters there really isn't a need for anti-armor melee units.

As for waste of resources, seems like that would be the case here as he has stated he builds ASF, SF, TD, and Frigates, which are all components/electronics heavy. You wouldn't even be able to build many units untill you had a massive economy.
      The forgotten one
    • CDRCrimson42 wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Day 1:

Day 2:

listen i know you are a bit dense; but never said do not build army bases. I said a waste to build in every city; especially Rec Ctr and Army in same.
      1 - 2 Naval cities; 1 - 2 Air cities; 1 Inf; 1 Armor. People use armor all the time (RCV; Tanks; AFV) and also 1 TD will hold an occupied city instead of 2 - 3 units

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

CDRCrimson42 wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Day 1:

Day 2:

listen i know you are a bit dense; but never said do not build army bases. I said a waste to build in every city; especially Rec Ctr and Army in same.1 - 2 Naval cities; 1 - 2 Air cities; 1 Inf; 1 Armor. People use armor all the time (RCV; Tanks; AFV) and also 1 TD will hold an occupied city instead of 2 - 3 units
      buddy the only dense one is you.

54EABC5A-93F2-441E-9A88-9483747A7FD3.jpeg
      here we have starting resources for a random country, Venezuela.

66BA6F0D-14EA-4330-B68B-A6A1C9A41150.jpeg
      So tell me again how I’m the dense one. For all your graphs you’ve made, you sure are unable to draw basic conclusions aren’t you?

The biggest concern is fuel, as it would take half the initial fuel. But you’re trying to make the argument that it’s a waste to build these the entire game. That’s senseless and shrewd and ignorant of basic math.

You want to call it a waste if Initial fuel go for it. But you’re plain ignorant to call it a waste of resources. Do I need to do the math for you ?

Supplies - 9% of initial supplies to build army bases in all cities. (Recovered by production in 1 game day)

Components - 13% of initial components to build army bases in all cities. (Recovered by production in 1 game day)

Fuel- 50% of initial Fuel to build army bases in all cities. (Recovered by production in 3 game days)

Electronics- 33% of initial electronics to build army bases in all cities. (Recovered by production in 2 game days)

Rare Materials - 0%

This already crushes any point you thought you had, but your statement only becomes more ridiculous as the game progresses. Imagine wasting money on tank destroyers for some unknown reason of yours, then being too cheap to even drop minimal resources on a bread and butter building of the game. You are beyond ridiculous.

Next time you want to be an insufferable smartass, try using logic or math to prove your point.
      CDR Crimson
      Founder of The Militia Collective

Training and Screening Hub, New Players or Existing: Come Find your perfect Alliance here!

Join Our Discord !

The post was edited 3 times, last by CDRCrimson42 ().

• no i agree tanks are utterly useless every time a opponent has used a tank or i have it results in nothing but a loss of resources and lost battles they are to expensive for there usefulness and end up being countered easily by so many other units like anti tank which is in my opinion the best armored vehicle it has great armor, great against any ground unit you will find, inf lose almost all the time, tanks are destroyed and it is VERY cheap
    • Clock wrote:

It depends on the situation/country.
      if Russia, for example, maybe Tanks/Planes, not helicopters because too short range...
      If Cuba, mostly Navy and Airforce, minimal ground forces such as National Guard
      I usually end up researching National Guard pretty early on.
      North Korea, Tank Destroyers/National Guard/Motorized Infantry/Gunships, etc. (by the way, build bunkers on North Korea if you have spare resources)
      Yes, in the end, it really just depends.
      if you are north korea you gotta research those nukes asap
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija