Rogue state. No way this many attacks are normal

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rogue state. No way this many attacks are normal

For the past two weeks I’ve been getting pummeled with rogue state attacks. I’ve had as many as up to 70 per day, no less than 20-25. Within the past 14 hours I’ve had around 20-25 move out of cities and take over neighboring provinces AND around the same amount attack and take over new cities. I understand how the game works with morale and all that. But I went from getting 0-maybe 5 a day to the next day getting 70-75+. There’s no way this is right. It’s like my morale just up and went down the toilet over night and rogue nation attacks went through the roof. There is literally no way I can even get them in check now.
    • This is from last night when they moved out of cities and overtook neighboring provinces. Some of them took multiple provinces. My morale is trashed now from all the attacks. I’m not sure what it was before but I had not gotten more than a couple attacks in one day. Then it’s like a switch got flipped and I was getting on average probably 35-40 per day. Not sure exactly what you were wanting a screenshot of
      Files
    • 1) Most folks avoid letting Rogues stay in charge of a city for more than a few hours, and most folks don't let them control lots of cities, but that milk is already spilt.

2) You wrote that rogue attacks lowered your morale. I don't think their attacks on you lower your morale.

3) Start killing them one at a time (with your air force - most folks have some planes), occupy the city they're from until its morale is up. Repeat until finished.

The post was edited 3 times, last by KFGauss ().

• If you leave cities empty or only 1 unit till greater than 34 morale it happens.

So you are obviously trying to take more cities too fast. game penalizes you.

If you have too many active wars; or civilian deaths morale will actually drop in cities instead of rising so cities even if above 34 morale at one point can go rougue.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • If Rogue State gives you that much trouble that is pretty much a clear sign of mismanaged morale or just completely ignoring them. They don't move out of a city they have taken until 1-2 after spawning.
      Not having issues with Rogue State is actually fairly simple:
      - keep Units in a city until Morale is 35 or above
      - don't capture cities and leave them empty
      - look out for penalties to Morale

You don't take care of that stuff? You get whack shit like eg over 100 notifications just from rogues alone.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • bradsc1989 wrote:

Have you even read my posts? I went from getting a couple every couple of days to getting 50+ every single day. That’s not a manageable number. I don’t care how big your army is. I’m not spending $100 on gold to build enough units to handle 50+ attacks per day.

bradsc1989 wrote:

KFGauss, are you an admin/mod? If so could you atleast look into it before assuming you know my tactics or how well I know how to play the game? My name in the game is bradc1989
      I read what you wrote.
      I'm not an admin/mod.
      I gave you my free advice.
      Please ignore that advice if I'm mistaken about your situation.
    • bradsc1989 wrote:

For the past two weeks I’ve been getting pummeled with rogue state attacks. I’ve had as many as up to 70 per day, no less than 20-25. Within the past 14 hours I’ve had around 20-25 move out of cities and take over neighboring provinces AND around the same amount attack and take over new cities. I understand how the game works with morale and all that. But I went from getting 0-maybe 5 a day to the next day getting 70-75+. There’s no way this is right. It’s like my morale just up and went down the toilet over night and rogue nation attacks went through the roof. There is literally no way I can even get them in check now.
      Likely just your cities morale is heavily low. This may be because

A. Your attacking a lot of other nations at the same time which lowers your morale. Or your just at war with many which lowers your morale

B. Your causing heavily civilian casualties

C. Etc, it all adds up. Your bad morale is causing this issue.

To fix the issue you can

A. Stop attacking other nations and try to go to peace or finish wars that your fighting quickly

B. Stop attacking cities for hours on end.

Hope this fixes your problem! If not then I salute your nation lol
    • My morale is tee totally screwed because of the constant rogue nation attacks. As soon as I get a bunch of cities cleared out, the next day they get hit again. It went from being basically nothing at all to absolutely unmanageable over night. For the past 2 weeks I’ve done nothing but try to take back cities. But I can’t even get a dent out in them because they instantly get attacked again. That’s why I think it’s a bug or something. Surely they don’t have this game programmed to where you get hit with ao many at once that you literally can’t recover from it. Just look at the screenshot above. Thanks for the tips guys. I’ve played this map with the exact tactics as I always use and I’ve never had more than a handful of rogue state attacks. Think I’ve won 3 or 4 matches using these exact tactics
    • Considering I have never heard of such a bug, and usually every time somebody complains about Rogue State they just ignore it and/or don't know about morale penalties, assuming that its based on the users strategy/knowledge or lack thereof tends to be a pretty safe bet. If in doubt file an ingame bugreport and let God the mods sort it out. Keep in mind that there is always only a chance of insurgent attacks so you might have only gotten lucky so far.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

If you leave cities empty or only 1 unit till greater than 34 morale it happens.

So you are obviously trying to take more cities too fast. game penalizes you.

If you have too many active wars; or civilian deaths morale will actually drop in cities instead of rising so cities even if above 34 morale at one point can go rougue.
      thats the thing, you cant spread yourself too thin or try to expand too quick, or else insurgents
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • bradsc1989 wrote:

My morale is tee totally screwed because of the constant rogue nation attacks. As soon as I get a bunch of cities cleared out, the next day they get hit again. It went from being basically nothing at all to absolutely unmanageable over night. For the past 2 weeks I’ve done nothing but try to take back cities. But I can’t even get a dent out in them because they instantly get attacked again. That’s why I think it’s a bug or something. Surely they don’t have this game programmed to where you get hit with ao many at once that you literally can’t recover from it. Just look at the screenshot above. Thanks for the tips guys. I’ve played this map with the exact tactics as I always use and I’ve never had more than a handful of rogue state attacks. Think I’ve won 3 or 4 matches using these exact tactics
      How are they getting attacked AGAIN? If you aren't leaving troops in them, OF COURSE THEY'LL BE ATTACKED AGAIN. Sounds to me like you are just retaking and leaving them empty again.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Teburu wrote:

Considering I have never heard of such a bug, and usually every time somebody complains about Rogue State they just ignore it and/or don't know about morale penalties, assuming that its based on the users strategy/knowledge or lack thereof tends to be a pretty safe bet. If in doubt file an ingame bugreport and let God the mods sort it out. Keep in mind that there is always only a chance of insurgent attacks so you might have only gotten lucky so far.
      Ok like I’ve already said 3 times, I wasn’t ignoring rogue state attacks, but when you’re getting between 0-5 a day, with maybe 2 on average then literally the next day you get somewhere in the neighborhood of 100, and then a minimum of 25, but up to 50 per day after that, then I’d say it’s safe to say there’s not a lot anyone can do at that point
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

bradsc1989 wrote:

My morale is tee totally screwed because of the constant rogue nation attacks. As soon as I get a bunch of cities cleared out, the next day they get hit again. It went from being basically nothing at all to absolutely unmanageable over night. For the past 2 weeks I’ve done nothing but try to take back cities. But I can’t even get a dent out in them because they instantly get attacked again. That’s why I think it’s a bug or something. Surely they don’t have this game programmed to where you get hit with ao many at once that you literally can’t recover from it. Just look at the screenshot above. Thanks for the tips guys. I’ve played this map with the exact tactics as I always use and I’ve never had more than a handful of rogue state attacks. Think I’ve won 3 or 4 matches using these exact tactics
      How are they getting attacked AGAIN? If you aren't leaving troops in them, OF COURSE THEY'LL BE ATTACKED AGAIN. Sounds to me like you are just retaking and leaving them empty again.
      Bro, have you read my posts? Have you not seen the number of attacks in getting on the daily? Do you have enough units to cover that many cities? My normal strategy is when I’m taking land, I’ll usually hit every other city with 500 gold to get the moral up so there’s no need to leave units behind.

just got hit with 37 a few hours ago

Areas circled yellow are other nations, not rogue states
      Files
    • bradsc1989 wrote:

Don’t be mad, just have a Better morale. It’s not the game, it’s you

bradsc1989 wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

bradsc1989 wrote:

Bro, have you read my posts? Have you not seen the number of attacks in getting on the daily? Do you have enough units to cover that many cities? My normal strategy is when I’m taking land, I’ll usually hit every other city with 500 gold to get the moral up so there’s no need to leave units behind.

this makes me sick
      “I hate 4x” -me
    • bradsc1989 wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Bro, do YOU UNDERSTAND you don't know how to play the game if you are capturing cities and then leaving them empty either before they stop smoking or afterwards when you might have morale issues???

The game is behaving exactly as it is supposed to behave.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD