well every war .. people think they are the good guys. But history judges

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A bit like black holes.

Never observed, as it's impossible to witness one through your own eyes , but they fill some mathematical equation perfectly, so we assume they exist, as an intellectual object.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • I stand corrected.

Or, more precisely, i grow old. Next thing you know, they'll announce illness is caused by little things you can't see.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • KFGauss wrote:

That's not an image of a black hole. The sensor received nothing from the hole.

That's an image of stuff near a black hole. The sensor did receive photons from stuff near the hole.

Many headlines tied to that image were misleading.
      The black void is an image by negativity, it absorbs the photons in it's region, allowing it to be seen via the backdrop of the photons. No one is suggestion a naked singularity, but the black hole may be defined by it's Schwarzschild radius. That radii is visible via backdrop
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • I have a two bags. I claim both contain donut holes.

One bag weigh a pound more that it did when it was empty and is filled with lumps of tasty cooked dough.

The other bag weighs as much when it is full as it did when it was empty.

Which bag would you want to buy?

PS: "Image by negativity"? I understand perfectly what you mean. I also understand that if I point that sensor elsewhere, it also won't capture any photons from the black hole, so there must be something more to this than not capturing photons. I saying the image is evidence the black hole exists, but is not an image of a black hole.
    • pitty you killed the.main topic before i could add native americans to the list. Or even US civil war crimes commited by Yankees to destroy southern moral so they kever wage war again.

No country should be finger pointing when it comes to war crimes. War means killing and killing is a crime by itself. At least if you follow the bible. Which other then the coran does not provide an excuse for breaking the "You shall not Kill" rule.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Kurt - You and this thread are once again straying pretty far afield.

Anyone with a lick of sense in the USA knows that in a world awash in evil and cruelty, the USA's hands are not clean, not by any stretch of the imagination.

However, if you were to try the (FUTILE, AUGEAN) task of organizing governments and societies (over perhaps the last 4000? years) into some form of good vs evil N-dimensional catalog that included both actions and aspirations, I believe that recent North America might land slightly on the good side of the 50/50 split.

Feel free to disagree.

What strikes me as odd however, is that in a CoN forum you feel driven to try to point out the USA's mistakes more than you point out any other government's mistakes, as if you're trying to say the USA sucks especially, instead of making the point that by and large all governments/societies (so far as I know) suck or sucked.

PS: I've been told that the accurate translation of that commandment Moses carried to the early Israelites isn't "Don't kill.", but instead is "Don't murder." I haven't rigorously confirmed that but I think that "Don't murder." would be consistent with the rest of those books.
    • KFGauss wrote:

PS: "Image by negativity"? I understand perfectly what you mean. I also understand that if I point that sensor elsewhere, it also won't capture any photons from the black hole, so there must be something more to this than not capturing photons. I saying the image is evidence the black hole exists, but is not an image of a black hole.
      Ah, but you see, it isn't just a matter of the sensor not picking up photons from the black hole when pointed elsewhere, it IS the fact of it not picking up photons of the accretion disc that it should be. Why? Something is in the way. What is it, it is clearly that black void you can see due to the backlight. The black hole.
      Files
      • duck.jpg

(47.02 kB, downloaded 1 times, last: )
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Dealer of Death wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Ah, but you see, it isn't just a matter of the sensor not picking up photons from the black hole when pointed elsewhere, it IS the fact of it not picking up photons of the accretion disc that it should be. Why? Something is in the way. What is it, it is clearly that black void you can see due to the backlight. The black hole.
      im going to add that to my CON forums card game now, thanks
      I may or may not exist
    • If you're saying that the image supplies evidence that a black hole is there because it includes an accretion disk, and because photons from presumed sources behind the presumed hole don't reach the sensor, then we agree.

The image supplies evidence that a black hole is there, but is not an image created by sensing a black hole.

PS: Don't forget that there is probably a bit of gravitational lensing going on that further supports that a hole exists where they pointed the sensor.

PPS: Wow! That internet duck-cartoon meme really put me into my place. That's the sort of appeal-to-common-sense evidence that just slams the door on any further discussion. What would science do without the help of memes?

EGB.jpg
    • KFGauss wrote:

If you're saying that the image supplies evidence that a black hole is there because it includes an accretion disk, and because photons from presumed sources behind the presumed hole don't reach the sensor, then we agree.

The image supplies evidence that a black hole is there, but is not an image created by sensing a black hole.

PS: Don't forget that there is probably a bit of gravitational lensing going on that further supports that a hole exists where they pointed the sensor.

PPS: Wow! That internet duck-cartoon meme really put me into my place. That's the sort of appeal-to-common-sense evidence that just slams the door on any further discussion. What would science do without the help of memes?

EGB.jpg
      It should have put you in your place, for no matter it's silliness, it shows what an image IS

image - n a visual representation of something

clearly silhouettes can produce an image which is what this clearly is then, an image of a black hole.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Gentlemen, you invest way too much intellectual power to fuel the afterburner of a idiotic pleasantry of mine :D