Unit Suggestion: Satellite

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unit Suggestion: Satellite

:!: Dear Admin :!:

So I have an idea,

so the idea is to make a satellite and this it the brief explanation:

the goal of the satellite is to reveal all of the units on the map.

and this is what you have to do to make it:

1: research max level ICBM
      2: research a "space" rocket
      3: research a satellite
      4: launch the satellite in the rocket
      5: upgrade the satellite

and so the different levels of the satellite could be:

lv. 1: mark all units (ground, naval, etc.) as dots on the map, and upgrade the map every 3 hours
      lv. 2: mark all units (ground, naval, etc.) as dots on the map, and upgrade the map every 1.5 hours
      lv. 3: mark all units the same way the radar does, update the map every 45min
      lv. 4: mark all units the same as if they are seen by a non-scout unit, update map every 30min
      lv. 5: mark all units as if they are on your territory, update map every 15min
      lv. 6: same as 5, but also reveal stealth, and update map every 5min

of course if this will be implemented more details will be added

So, this is my idea :thumbsup:
    • A human wrote:

By this time, the game would be over, I would hope?

Also, how do you destroy the satellite? AA?
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • A human wrote:

:!: Dear Admin :!:

So I have an idea,

So, this is my idea :thumbsup:

Nice idea.

My two cents on it are:

Wall of Text Background
      Display Spoiler

A satellite in lower Earth orbits is better positioned to obtain high quality remote-sensing data.
      If placed in a polar orbit, the Earth will rotate beneath the orbiting satellite allow global coverage from a single satellite.

By placing a satellite at an altitude of about 528 miles, you get an orbital period of roughly 100 minutes.
      At this altitude, you can get true global coverage if the scan swath of the satellite's instrumentation is about 1864 miles (In other words, the satellite can see everything within that radius of its current position).
      The smaller the scan radius, the more satellites needed to provide coverage.

The orbit, however, can be improved if the orbital plane is inclined slightly away from a true N-S orbit.
      That means that the satellite's orbital plane will appear to be fixed with respect to the sun, or sun-synchronous.
      Since the orbit is aligned with respect to the sun, in fact, you get twice daily coverage of every portion of the globe.
      If you want more frequent coverage, add additional satellites.

For game purposes, assume that to effectively spot military units, the satellite sensor range is 466 miles.
      As such, you need at least 4 satellites in orbit to cover the planet twice a day (12 hours between reports).
      For 6 hour report interval would take 8 satellites, 3 hour reports require 16, and 48 satellites get you hourly reports.

Procedure
      Research any ICBM
      Research Spy Sat

Build Spy Sat
      Launch Spy Sat

Spy Sat Upgrades
      lvl :
      1: Moving ground units and surface ships. No see submarines, moving aircraft or stealth units.
      2: Ground units,moving aircraft.
      3. Submarines and stealth units.

Defeating Satellites
      Kill satellites destroy other satellites. When launched, they destroy one random enemy satellite (Spy or Kill) each hour till they exhaust their munitions or run out of targets. At that point they deorbit.

Procedure
      Research any ICBM
      Research Kill Sat

Build Kill Sat
      Launch Kill Sat

Kill Sat Upgrades
      1: Munitions sufficient to kill two satellites.
      2: Destroy three satellites.
      3. Destroy four satellites
    • why are players so afraid of the dark?

1. based on countries growth and morale of occupied cities/prov. you can tell where units are generally and where headed.

2. read con news and tells you what they have defeated where/when and with what. This is free global intelligence.

3. look at city builds and can get idea what they are mobilizing.

If Satellites where that powerful IRL; why do armies use AWACS or ground radar??
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

why are players so afraid of the dark?

1. based on countries growth and morale of occupied cities/prov. you can tell where units are generally and where headed.

2. read con news and tells you what they have defeated where/when and with what. This is free global intelligence.

3. look at city builds and can get idea what they are mobilizing.

If Satellites where that powerful IRL; why do armies use AWACS or ground radar??
      awacs are command centers
      “I hate 4x” -me
    • Tifo_14 wrote:

A human wrote:

By this time, the game would be over, I would hope?
      Also, how do you destroy the satellite? AA?
      I guess they could be destroyed by some anti-satellite weapons and also some games end in like 2 or even 3 months so it could be like a late game weapon launched in like 40 days.

Of course more ideas can be added by the developers.