Possible game types?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Possible game types?

I enjoy this game, but it often feels like a round ends too soon. Would it be possible to create a variety of map where one does not win after a specified amount of victory points, but instead allows for the possibility of one player conquering the entire map?

And, how about making warheads saleable on the market? I note they're already shown on the market bar.
    • Jotunn wrote:

I enjoy this game, but it often feels like a round ends too soon. Would it be possible to create a variety of map where one does not win after a specified amount of victory points, but instead allows for the possibility of one player conquering the entire map?

And, how about making warheads saleable on the market? I note they're already shown on the market bar.
      I would like a Risk style map.
      Warheads sellable? I have nothing to add to or detract from that.
    • I have already posted this idea once, but it was on a different thread. But a mideaval or Roman times, style map, with new units. Some may say it is not con, but then what is Con? CONFLICT Of NATIONS. A war back before Christ is still a conflict between nations.

A different idea though: How about adding the moon onto the map. It would be hard with the graphic abilities of this game but just think about it, new units including "war spaceships" New strategies involved. Different buildings more countries. (on the moon:) Adds another level of competition to the game. Make the journey to the moon like 1 or 2 days.

Both of these suggestions are just ideas I have had, probably better ways for thee ideas to be put to life
      "The greatest battles are never won by men but with words"-Me

"Free flies and no work"-ME

"Duty is heavier than a mountain death as light as a feather" Lan from the Wheel of Time

• TheShinwacker wrote:

I have already posted this idea once, but it was on a different thread. But a mideaval or Roman times, style map, with new units. Some may say it is not con, but then what is Con? CONFLICT Of NATIONS. A war back before Christ is still a conflict between nations.

A different idea though: How about adding the moon onto the map. It would be hard with the graphic abilities of this game but just think about it, new units including "war spaceships" New strategies involved. Different buildings more countries. (on the moon:) Adds another level of competition to the game. Make the journey to the moon like 1 or 2 days.

Both of these suggestions are just ideas I have had, probably better ways for thee ideas to be put to life
      it says in the name why this can’t happen, conflict of nations WW3
      “I hate 4x” -me
    • Maybe ww3 already happened we jut skipped over it. I would move to say the Persian war was ww3. It involved most known nations at the time. And we can't name it ww1 because we would have to change history.
      "The greatest battles are never won by men but with words"-Me

"Free flies and no work"-ME

"Duty is heavier than a mountain death as light as a feather" Lan from the Wheel of Time

• Jotunn wrote:

Your first suggestion can never happen unless Dorado gets more server space. A main issue that causes the server to crash is when there's too make games running at once.

And for your second suggestion, no, because people wouldn't just waste their resources to produce warheads to sell on a market. If someone does, then they are bound to get invaded by a country that makes better use of its resources.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Jotunn wrote:

In terms of rounds ending too soon you could play 1x but those all in all are the most boring maps in my opinion lol. That would be pretty cool to see. Hopefully the devs will look into that more in the future. I mean who wouldnt like to be the Overlord of the world am I right?

Well if players multi-accounted or someone joined a friends game with one purpose and it was to make nukes and nothing else then things could get ugly lol. Cities would get destroyed like that lol
    • TheShinwacker wrote:

I have already posted this idea once, but it was on a different thread. But a mideaval or Roman times, style map, with new units. Some may say it is not con, but then what is Con? CONFLICT Of NATIONS. A war back before Christ is still a conflict between nations.

Yeah, and don't you wish you hadn't.

The game isn't just "CoN" it's Con WW3, not CoN Rise of the Hittites, or CoN Let's play with swords and catapults, it's WORLD WAR THREE

Yay! THIS at least fits with the game.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

TheShinwacker wrote:

Yeah, and don't you wish you hadn't.
      The game isn't just "CoN" it's Con WW3, not CoN Rise of the Hittites, or CoN Let's play with swords and catapults, it's WORLD WAR THREE

Aha, but here's where you're wrong: after the Apocalypse map, everybody else is going to have to use swords and catapults!
    • Clock wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

TheShinwacker wrote:

Yeah, and don't you wish you hadn't.The game isn't just "CoN" it's Con WW3, not CoN Rise of the Hittites, or CoN Let's play with swords and catapults, it's WORLD WAR THREE

Aha, but here's where you're wrong: after the Apocalypse map, everybody else is going to have to use swords and catapults!
      OK, but "after the Apocalypse map" ... THE GAME IS OVER!
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD