I don't get frigate/corvette stacks

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• xXWolfXx wrote:

@buckeychamp I've asked you multiple times to stop responding. I advise that you just move on. I've tried to be diplomatic but your not stopping the quoting or replying. Please dont fight back as Im just asking you to move on. Have a good one bro :D
      so you keep responding. you move one, since you started with insults
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Lionheart wrote:

When I build my navy, I go for 2 destroyers, 2 cruisers, and 1 frigate. I do that for anti-sub, anti-ship, and anti air. It would destroy corvettes and frigates. Any powerful navy could destroy those frigate stacks. Can you please tell me the though process behind them.

My EU doctrine max level stack stats

22.0 infantry
      16.5 armored
      18.0 atk air | 26.0 def air
      13.0 atk heli | 19.0 def helo
      6.0 atk missile | 9.0 def missile
      72.0 atk/def ships
      45 atk/def subs
      ANYWAYS

from my very (very!) limited experience with naval battles, I would say that people build frigate stacks with the hopes that no one else will focus on naval supremacy (and this does often happen in public matches- everyone's too busy building Armored Units -__-)

If others are building subs or cruisers, you could simply research the hard-counter for those units
      "Dealer of Death has counted to infinity... twice"
      -Kurtvonstein
    • In my opinion, frigates are generally sufficient to win the game, they are just so versatile that they are a must in my books. However, IF it becomes apparent that there are multiple enemies that are going heavily into their navies, I’ll rattle out a submarine or cruiser fleet (depending upon what is more feasible resources wise and what the actual enemy ships are).

P.S. NPBs are starting to grow on me as a potential alternative…I dread them getting shot down when I’m offline or running into a frigate stack but the naval intel they give is impossible to ignore
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • i will normally start with 3-4 corvettes, then move to frig/destroyer stacks by day 10. i like to have 3-2-2 stacks (3 cruisers, 2 destroyers, 2 frigs)

maybe if someone is using lots of air then 1 more frig.

for ac accompanying stacks I go for 3 frig, 2 destroyer, 1 cruiser, or a simpler 2-1-1 (if im broke af then i use old corvettes tho)
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • Anna Jija wrote:

i will normally start with 3-4 corvettes, then move to frig/destroyer stacks by day 10. i like to have 3-2-2 stacks (3 cruisers, 2 destroyers, 2 frigs)

maybe if someone is using lots of air then 1 more frig.

for ac accompanying stacks I go for 3 frig, 2 destroyer, 1 cruiser, or a simpler 2-1-1 (if im broke af then i use old corvettes tho)
      You overstack your ships?
      It might be a new tactic to try out. What is the combat efficiency of a 6 ships stack? What is the combat efficiency of a stack with 7 ships in it?
    • If I understand the OP's post correctly. He levels up his navy in the research tab, and then starts building his navy?

If so, I use a different if not opposite strategy in building a navy. I like to build / spam naval units at lower levels because the build costs are lower. and then either gradually level them up or level them up as fast as I can.

Players are talking about corvettes being useful in early game in this thread. I am in a mid / late FP game now as Syria and have Helsinki annexed and plan on building naval units there b/c Cuba has a chunk of Norway and Sweden taken, While I pushed into Sweden. I have a ton of excess supplies and I am going to build a naval base in Helsinki and spam corvettes with possible frigates as well. But, my components supplies are in demand with the Destroyers (in my home port city) & Sfs I am building.

Corvette stacks FTW anyone?

Should be interesting.
    • Im On Smoko wrote:

If I understand the OP's post correctly. He levels up his navy in the research tab, and then starts building his navy?

If so, I use a different if not opposite strategy in building a navy. I like to build / spam naval units at lower levels because the build costs are lower. and then either gradually level them up or level them up as fast as I can.

Players are talking about corvettes being useful in early game in this thread. I am in a mid / late FP game now as Syria and have Helsinki annexed and plan on building naval units there b/c Cuba has a chunk of Norway and Sweden taken, While I pushed into Sweden. I have a ton of excess supplies and I am going to build a naval base in Helsinki and spam corvettes with possible frigates as well. But, my components supplies are in demand with the Destroyers (in my home port city) & Sfs I am building.

Should be interesting.
      <X
      Blecch! Corvettes!

Now go say five Hail Marys and five Our Fathers and repent your soul!
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Im On Smoko wrote:

If I understand the OP's post correctly. He levels up his navy in the research tab, and then starts building his navy?

Should be interesting.
      <X Blecch! Corvettes!

Now go say five Hail Marys and five Our Fathers and repent your soul!
      Yes! I got DoD to puuke.

All though I like the new body design of the Chevy Corvettes, my dream is to own an old cleaned up, hot rod pickup truck. Look at those s3xy curvy lines on the blue baby below. Yummy I say. Or a turbo charged sleeper van, like the Japanese do oh so well. I don't need a level five airbase and a secret weapons lab built for a "stealth" van.

• Im On Smoko wrote:

Should be interesting.
      sounds good

just watch out for those nsfs!
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija