Issue with people going AI

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Lionheart wrote:

I think there should be a limit of 3 games excluding alliance matches. This would limit abandoned games because people won't want to waste a slot. Tell me what you people think
      That would be very annoying for all the players who play CON regularly and enjoy it such as those in alliances. If you think about it yeah it might stop people from spamming but CON would die if there's a game limit since nobody wants to have to wait for one of their games to finish to join a new one with friends.
    • xXWolfXx wrote:

Lionheart wrote:

I think there should be a limit of 3 games excluding alliance matches. This would limit abandoned games because people won't want to waste a slot. Tell me what you people think
      That would be very annoying for all the players who play CON regularly and enjoy it such as those in alliances. If you think about it yeah it might stop people from spamming but CON would die if there's a game limit since nobody wants to have to wait for one of their games to finish to join a new one with friends.
      Fine then, 10 games at the VERY MAXIMUM (ten). Don't tell me you can play 11 games at once and actually enjoy it. That would be concerning and interesting at the same time.
    • Lionheart wrote:

Too small. Maybe like 6-7.

Good idea though.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Lionheart wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Lionheart wrote:

Tell me what you people think
      enjoy not being able to play the game
      Is it even worth playing ff 90% are bots? I would rather play a few good games than many boring ones
      I would argue that in most cases the bots are more of an actual challenge than the original player. Your mistake is assuming that even with more active people public matches would have any sort of quality. And that's not even getting into how insanely low of a limit 3 games would be. Keep in mind that games where you got eliminated but haven't finished still count towards your currently running games, even finished ones do until they are eventually deleted.
      I'd also argue that limiting the number of games you can have running doesn't do jackshit to fix the high dropout rates, a vast majority of the people going inactive are UserXXXs so they are most likely on their first game or so. They come, they see, they go inactive.

CON has a pretty clear distinction:
      You want games with some level of challenge/skill involved? --> play Alliance Games
      You want to beat up toddlers and bomb children with napalm? --> go play public matches
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Lionheart wrote:

I run 15 games so no

Clock wrote:

xXWolfXx wrote:

Lionheart wrote:

Fine then, 10 games at the VERY MAXIMUM (ten). Don't tell me you can play 11 games at once and actually enjoy it. That would be concerning and interesting at the same time.
      playing 15 games and it’s very manageable
      “I hate 4x” -me
    • Killiam07 wrote:

Lionheart wrote:

I run 15 games so no

Clock wrote:

xXWolfXx wrote:

Lionheart wrote:

playing 15 games and it’s very manageable
      Yes, concerning yet interesting from a data-gathering standpoint. I hope this is not false information.
    • Teburu wrote:

Lionheart wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Lionheart wrote:

Tell me what you people think
      enjoy not being able to play the game
      Is it even worth playing ff 90% are bots? I would rather play a few good games than many boring ones
      I would argue that in most cases the bots are more of an actual challenge than the original player. Your mistake is assuming that even with more active people public matches would have any sort of quality. And that's not even getting into how insanely low of a limit 3 games would be. Keep in mind that games where you got eliminated but haven't finished still count towards your currently running games, even finished ones do until they are eventually deleted.I'd also argue that limiting the number of games you can have running doesn't do jackshit to fix the high dropout rates, a vast majority of the people going inactive are UserXXXs so they are most likely on their first game or so. They come, they see, they go inactive.

CON has a pretty clear distinction:
      You want games with some level of challenge/skill involved? --> play Alliance Games

You want to beat up toddlers and bomb children with napalm? --> go play public matches
      You say that like it is a bad thing
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD